Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

If they made the BLack Pearl a UCS... I might find it difficult not to jump into pirates theme too :jollyroger:

I wonder if they will even do a UCS... Indiana Jones didn't get one, and there were such brilliant possibilities, like the circus train and Brunwald Castle. Harry Potter only got a UCS after ten years. Star Wars is in an entirely different category of licenced themes.

It sounds like there's going to be another Pirates trilogy, so the theme might be around long enough to warrant a UCS... but I doubt they're going to wait five years to release the Black Pearl, unless they're going to do what they did with the Millenium Falcon and do one in an affordable size, and then another in Mega Scale.

If they made the BLack Pearl a UCS... I might find it difficult not to jump into pirates theme too :jollyroger:

I sort of consider Imperial Flagship to be a Pirate UCS, but if your definition of UCS is super huge then I can see how you wouldn't.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Doesn't nobody like the cannibal escape set?? It's the first time we've seen islanders in over a decade and they come with that bone peice for their hair. I feel classic islander fans just got a boost unlike anything bricklink can provide! :pir-classic:

I agree 200% with the fact the upcoming sets promise a lot concerning new parts! :pir-wub: It is mostly the poor design of some sets which people don't like. But the parts only is already a reason to buy these sets as soon as possible.

Doesn't nobody like the cannibal escape set?? It's the first time we've seen islanders in over a decade and they come with that bone peice for their hair. I feel classic islander fans just got a boost unlike anything bricklink can provide! :pir-classic:

i can say at im a bit dissapointment about these sets, but before i say anything more, i wait for the HD pics. You actually can say much anything about the Islander set yet because the pic is so blurry. But im going to buy every sets maby (Specially the two ships) :pir-classic:

Captain Becker

But the parts only is already a reason to buy these sets as soon as possible.

Wasn't it exactly the same with the Prince of Persia sets? And look at what happened to them, discontinued in the same year as their release. Hopefully this promising theme doesn't succumb to that same depressing fate...

Lord Embo

Edited by Lord Embo

I'm very excited about these new sets, they all sound great. But a lot of people are saying that they'll have lots of new parts: is there pictures of the finalised sets or are you just guessing there'll be new parts?

Wasn't it exactly the same with the Prince of Persia sets? And look at what happened to them, discontinued in the same year as their release. Hopefully this promising theme doesn't succumb to that same depressing fate...

Lord Embo

Well the PoP sets stopped selling because the movie tanked big time. :pir-hmpf:

To be honest I'm surprised the sets came out so well looking at how poor the movie was in characters and distinctive scenes. I think these will fare much better because people love these movies, and after all it is Johnny Depp, and which kid doesn't want to own at least one Johnny minifigure!! :pir-grin:

As far as useful parts and new parts I say wait a bit for HD pics before judjuing! PoP's smallest sets had no unique parts except for the parts on the minifigures and animals, and those are still preliminary in the blurry pics.

Edited by Sirens-Of-Titan

Well the PoP sets stopped selling because the movie tanked big time. :pir-hmpf:

I think these will fare much better because people love these movies, and after all it is Johnny Depp, and which kid doesn't want to own at least one Johnny minifigure!! :pir-grin:

1) Everyone on EB can almost certainly agree with that. :pir_laugh2:

2) I too think this theme will fare much better than PoP if the other minifigs in the line look as accurate as their movie counterparts. The same can go with the ships. However, the inclusion of a Johnny Depp minifigure is enough to sell this theme to some people. I think that if TT makes the videogame really good that more people may be drawn towards this theme if a Johnny Depp minifigure isn't enough to satisfy them.

Lord Embo

Some fresh news from Singapore! Our Trade Catalog has been updated with local prices. This may help you estimate the price in your country.

4191 The Captain's Cabin - S$29.90

4192 Aqua de Vida - S$59.90

4193 The London Escape - S$139.90

4181 Isla De la Muerta - S$50.90

4182 The Cannibal Escape - S$79.90

4183 The Mill - S$109.90

4194 Whitecap Bay - S$179.90

4195 Queen Anne's Revenge - S$249.90

4184 Black Pearl - S$189.90

Some fresh news from Singapore! Our Trade Catalog has been updated with local prices. This may help you estimate the price in your country.

4191 The Captain's Cabin - S$29.90

4192 Aqua de Vida - S$59.90

4193 The London Escape - S$139.90

4181 Isla De la Muerta - S$50.90

4182 The Cannibal Escape - S$79.90

4183 The Mill - S$109.90

4194 Whitecap Bay - S$179.90

4195 Queen Anne's Revenge - S$249.90

4184 Black Pearl - S$189.90

For reference, in Singapore,

Brick's Bounty was S$189.90

Soldier's Fort was S$109.90

Loot Island was S$45.90

Kraken Attack was S$21.90

Cannon was S$12.90

Impulse sets were S$6.90

Photos later..

Thanks for more info, clouette!

Judging by those set numbers... The 80s are First Three Films sets and the 90s are Fourth Film sets? If that's the case, the chances of a skeletal crew for the Pearl seem substantial.

The London Escape is more expensive (bigger) than I thought. But then, I might've been sleepy lately, not quite taking in all news that has come forward.

Here's to waiting for some proper pics of finalised sets. Take what you can - give nothing back!

Maybe the impulse and smaller sets are not announced yet, but it seems that these sets are targeting at AFOL. It will cost me S$1000 just to collect them all!

I am guessing that Black Pearl would be of Brick's Bounty size (oh no!) and QAR will be slightly smaller than IF.

What do you guys think?

At the webpage of a toystore in Hungary I read about the piececount of the sets.

4192-Fountain of youth-128 pieces

4182-Cannibal escape-279 pieces

4191-Captain's cabin 96 pieces

4193-The London Escape 463 pieces

4183-The mill 365 pieces

4181-Isla de Muerta 152 pieces

4195-Queen Anne's Revenge 1097 pieces, it will be huge

Sory no info about Black pearl.

QAR: 1097 pcs - yummy

But it will probably not be as detailed as most people had wished for though.

All I know is the that will be a wonderfull theme, as the new POTC Movie is coming out, I think alot of interest for these setes will apear.

As for me.

NEW PARTS :D :pir-wub:

Well the piece count seems alright, lets hope that these sets will be full of useful pieces and new interesting parts! :thumbup:

I'm eagerly awaiting pictures, but then again, aren't we all? :pir_laugh2:

I thought I might give an estimate for Europe.

EU

4195-Queen Anne's Revenge- €146.89

4194 Whitecap Bay- €105.746

4193 The London Escape- €82.29

4192 Aqua de Vida- €35.23

4191 The Captain's Cabin- €17.58

4184 Black Pearl- €111.65

4183 The Mill- €64.63

4182 The Cannibal Escape- €46.99

4181 Isla De la Muerta- €29.94

I might post a few more countries in a while. :pir-classic:

Edited by lt.Gonville brickhead

I thought I might give an estimate for Europe and USA.

USA

4195-Queen Anne's Revenge- $193.38

4194 Whitecap Bay- $139.21

4193 The London Escape- $108.26

4192 Aqua de Vida- $46.34

4191 The Captain's Cabin-$23.13

4184 Black Pearl- $146.95

4183 The Mill- $85.06

4182 The Cannibal Escape- $61.84

4181 Isla De la Muerta- $39.39

Oh hell no. That's the most friggin' expensive single wave ever! 4 in the hundreds, and none of them below $20? That's insane! This had better be a crappy estimate. :thumbdown:

Oh hell no. That's the most friggin' expensive single wave ever! 4 in the hundreds, and none of them below $20? That's insane! This had better be a crappy estimate. :thumbdown:

Remember it's just an converted price but if it's right they are pretty expensive. :pir_bawling:

Edited by lt.Gonville brickhead

I thought I might give an estimate for Europe and USA.

EU

4195-Queen Anne's Revenge- €146.89

4194 Whitecap Bay- €105.746

4193 The London Escape- €82.29

4192 Aqua de Vida- €35.23

4191 The Captain's Cabin- €17.58

4184 Black Pearl- €111.65

4183 The Mill- €64.63

4182 The Cannibal Escape- €46.99

4181 Isla De la Muerta- €29.94

USA

4195-Queen Anne's Revenge- $193.38

4194 Whitecap Bay- $139.21

4193 The London Escape- $108.26

4192 Aqua de Vida- $46.34

4191 The Captain's Cabin-$23.13

4184 Black Pearl- $146.95

4183 The Mill- $85.06

4182 The Cannibal Escape- $61.84

4181 Isla De la Muerta- $39.39

I might post a few more countries in a while. :pir-classic:

I think QAR for 139 USD is a little bit crazy,

even 10210 Imperial Flagship is only around 180 USD, and the amount of bricks is around 1600 for 10210.

Think about the amount of pieces information released above;

1050+ pieces for 193 USD, this price is too high.

For 6285, it has 909 pieces of bricks, if 193 USD is true for QAR,

then that would be a big disaster for everyone's budget.

Btw, I remember long time ago someone shared the price information, it's around 130 USD, isn't it?

You can't convert prices from different currencies to figure out LEGO prices. It doesn't work like that. Singapore prices are extremely expensive compared to the U.S. and even Europe, whose prices are more expensive compared to the US to begin with. Those converted prices are completely incorrect.

You can't convert prices from different currencies to figure out LEGO prices. It doesn't work like that. Singapore prices are extremely expensive compared to the U.S. and even Europe, whose prices are more expensive compared to the US to begin with. Those converted prices are completely incorrect.

Yeah, those prices sound ridiculous :pir_wacko: . I think I'd take off 33% off the US prices for them to be more accurate.