Juppy

Which castle is the best in your opinion?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned 6085 - the Black Monarch's Castle (Unless I missed it)

My link

Although the King's Castle - 6080 - was my first castle, The Black Monarch's Castle was the best overall. After this, baseplates started showing up in most of the castles, which really decreased the part count.

Everyone Listen

The best castle ever has to be The Forestmens Fortress.

This castle is set on a lake, it has a door to die for, it opens up, there is a cool raft to float on, it has a stylish back tree with a target on it(as a kid I though it was just stone designed as a tree) and come on guys it contains forestmen :sweet: .

I got it when i was 5 back in 1992 and it is still in great condition, im only missing a few of the feathers for the hats.

Forestmen are the best :wub:

When I think about it, I think it is better to just build your own castles. Sure you can buy other castles for parts, but then take the parts and make you own fortress. Thats just my opinion.

But if I had to pick a castle, I would say... anything that contains classic minifigs from back in the 80's or 90's.

It might just be nostalgia talking, but my favourite castle is for sure Royal Knight's Castle. My very first Lego castle. :wub: So many great things about that set, so much playability, great minifigs, great parts. :wub:

6090-1.jpg

This came out after I quit buying legos, but I really do like the design on this one. But my all time favorite is the Black Knights castle.

My favorite castle since I saw def's review is the 6080 kings castle, because the design is just so LEGO-ish, if that makes sense.

6080.jpg

Edited by Skipper

I have all the castles (bar 10176 & the yellow one) and they are displayed in all their majesty in my Lego room. I would have to say that my favourites are 8877 Vladek's Dark Fortress (besides being huge it has the most character) 6090 Royal Knights Castle & the smaller 6086, 6085 & 6074. For minifig selection you can't go past 6080/6085/6086 (12 soldiers + 4 horses) plus the armoured knights in 6086 are :wub:

8877: 1115.jpg

6086: 6086-1.jpg

sorry to bring this thread back to life, but it must come back...:)

my Favourite Castles up-to-date:

- 6074/10039.

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Although many will consider this treason I nominate 4842 Hogwarts.

Think about it: a castle with towers, a great hall and much more, all built in nice tan and Sand green. Many nice figs than can easily be turned into castle ones, dark green Mcgonagall as wizard, dementors as ghosts. Also it has many details.

The castle from the Fantasy Era line.

The ones from the 2010 and the 2013 are way too simple, IMO.

As Wardancer said, Hogwarts is a great castle as well.

Edited by Robert8

Perhaps because it was my first, 6075 will always be the castle by which I judge all others. Every time I open my box of childhood LEGO I see the partially constructed drawbridge and some of the Knights staring back at me, I should rebuild it again one of these days.

It's a tough question. Many of them are great. I have almost all 80's-mid 90's sets assembled and displayed and they're all fun to look at and play with for different reasons.

I have to pick 6080, because it was my first, and because it's so versatile with the other modular sets of the time as mentioned above.

Kings mountain fortress was also a big favorite when I was a kid and I feel it doesn't get the credit it deserves.

My favorite castle since I saw def's review is the 6080 kings castle, because the design is just so LEGO-ish, if that makes sense.

6080.jpg

That is my opinion too!!!