MSM_546

8110 - Unimog U400 General Discussion

I hope there won't be too much new pieces. I don't mind new pieces, but only if there is a good reason for them.

There's always a good reason for new pieces in Lego. Always !

There's always a good reason for new pieces in Lego. Always !

I think so too. I'm just saying I would hate to see new parts introduced just for a specified model, but I'm sure that won't be the case.

I think so too. I'm just saying I would hate to see new parts introduced just for a specified model, but I'm sure that won't be the case.

I don't see anything wrong with new parts just for this model.

What are the new pieces in this model??? So far, I only see the tires.

Scavenger hunt, anyone? :wink:

It's believed that there is also a new part that the wheels fit onto, like a gear box housing thingy for portal axles, which i'm very much looking forward to.

How much pressure do you thin the air pump will be able to deliver? Will the cylinders move at a reasonable speed and can lift pretty heavy things? Or will the pump be the weakest part of the system?

How much pressure do you thin the air pump will be able to deliver?

Since the Lego 64065 "Pneumatic Pressure Gauge - Manometer (9641)" only goes up to 60 psi (~4 bar or ~4 atmospheres), the pressure has got to be less than that. I would imagine that hoses would start popping off the nipples at far lower pressures. This website says "The maximum working air pressure for Lego Pneumatics is around 34 to 37 psi."

64065.jpg

On the Lego Technic Designers Blog, there was this post by Casper Thingholm:

"LEGO Technic Flagship Model in August"

"As most of you know, the LEGO Technic flagship is usually launched in August. This year will be no exception! We have already seen that a lot of the fans are discussing the model in communities and we start getting questions about it. Some of you have also guessed that it will be the biggest LEGO Technic model ever - and you are right! The model is built of 2048 elements and is a multifunctional vehicle. In the following months, we will let you have a sneak preview on some of the details in the model."

picDA9BCE032B98F91700F655D3FBD07494.png

"As said, the model is a multifunctional vehicle and one of its fantastic possibilities is the ability to apply tools both in the front and in the back of the vehicle. To do this, we have made it possible to direct the air pressure from a pneumatic cylinder to both ends. The result is an increased number of opportunities to use the pneumatic functions that you may find in this model.

We look forward to share more details."

"Happy Building!"

Edited by DLuders

I did not meen how much presurre the system could handle, bur how much the electrick pump could provide.

TLG does a fantastic job with the previews.

I do hope we get some great scoops and pictures.

Cant wait to get my hands on it.... :thumbup:

Only 58 more days of anxious waiting.... :thumbdown::tongue:

Nice new part! The springs looks like a new part too!

I think that too!!

In the old pictures(toy fair??) the Unimog has the old 8466 shock absorbers

foto31.png

But this springs are new sure!!

Maybe the all shock absorber could be new?

the suspensions shocks seen to be the old ones but made longer, something very logical, cause they are les wide than the bigger 9.5 l ones. I am very happy with this new part. the new bleu hose connector is a real eye catcher in functional models!

Oh wow, this is great, some sneak previews, awesome, can't wait for more, of for the set for that matter. Finally a new pneumatic part. Heres hoping for more new pneumatic parts in future as it is an amazing system that needs a bit of an overhaul me thinks.

I did not meen how much presurre the system could handle, bur how much the electrick pump could provide.

It depends how well it is used, but it can provide as much pressure as the large manual pump when used properly. One pump is enough half the time (assuming you want good performance). I hope the unimog at least uses the full stroke of the pump if it does only have one.

Edited by allanp

Well you could think back to the airclaw rig (i dont have one :hmpf_bad: ) how many small pumps that used and then all the functions it had ,then look at the unimog and count the functions.

Well you could think back to the airclaw rig (i dont have one :hmpf_bad: ) how many small pumps that used and then all the functions it had ,then look at the unimog and count the functions.

Until the unimog comes out, for me the 8868 is probably the best set ever, but there has never been a perfect set yet. There were two problems with the 8868, the main one was that the pump did not really provide enough power to the system because it only uses half it's stroke. Sure it worked fine for me every one of the many many times i've built it, even the first time when I was 8 years old. But i'm impatient. All the 8868 needed was a redesign of the compressor and it's pneumatic functions (especially the rotating of the crane arm) work alot better. The 8868 had a more demanding pneumatic system than the unimog (unless there are pneumatic functions in the unimog we don't know about yet) so I don't think there will be an issue even with the poor compressor design of the 8868. But still, I hope they do improve the performance of the compressor.

Cant remember these pictures, if there are already posted, I will delete them, and I know they are slightly bigger, but they deserve it!

THERE ARE MARKINGS ON THE TIRES!

LEGO-Unimog-U-400-gripper-arm.jpg

LEGO-Unimog-U-400.jpg

Edited by Milan

@ Milan! Nice find! If you look at your high-resolution, 2700 x 2000 pixel picture, and enlarge it to full size, one can appreciate the ACTUAL SIZE of the 2H2011 Lego Technic Unimog 8110 set. :thumbup: Start saving your money now for the August 2011 release!