eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

I found all 15 of the figs I wanted (including the 3 gangsters) with the feel trick.

Much easier than the dots.

How can you miss that huge snowboard? I get a 100% score by feeling, the dots confuse me.

I don't know. I just hope all three of them were already gone from the box before I checked it (some 15 figs weren't there anymore).

I used "feeling" too, because I didn't have the cheat sheet with me (and I wonder how can a cheat sheet help when some figs have 4 different sets of dots).

If you go to the Chicago Lego store do not be surprised if there are no minifigs. They're still setting up since it just reopened so they don't carry them yet.

Seeing as the bump codes tend to differ by lot (production stamp on bottom seal and box)the feeling method is the guaranteed method.

That being said, once you identify what the bump code is for that lot the bumps do make it easier and faster going through the box if you're looking for multiples. :sweet:

The Mall of America Lego store had no Series 5 left when I went yesterday. Last weekend there were several cases available (my brother in law and I watched them empty six boxes into bins last weekend). They still had Series 3 in one bin (found one elf) and Series 4 in several bins (found four vikings and a musketeer). I was only there for an hour though, so it's possible they added more stock later in the day.

I finally found series 5 in my town in Nebraska, USA. It was at Wal-mart away from the other Legos so I almost missed them. I checked TRU and Shopko (first time ever being there) and they didn't carry either of them at the moment. We just randomly went to Wal-mart and they surprisingly had them.

My wife and I used the feel method (forget about dots!) and found almost all of the ones I wanted. Still missing the Gladiator and the Dwarf which happens to be the one I want the most, of course. But the feel method worked 87% of the time, unfortunately one was mistaken as something else so I have two of the Royal Guards now. Oh well. And only one was mistaken on series 4 a few months ago, so I'd say the feel method is the way to go if you have the time to stand there.

And they were $2.99 here, which is $0.50 cheaper than series 4 was at TRU a few months ago. So needless to say I was excited to see that decrease in price.

It was interesting--the Walmart in Colorado Springs had at least ten times as many minifigures as the LEGO Store in Park Meadows Mall.

Anyway, one of the minifigures I picked up was the ice fisher. I love the outfit, but it's strange that he has no gloves. Also, if he's supposed to be an Inuit or Aleut or something, they're not really known for their chiseled cheek lines. But that's ok.

i like the clown too! the tart is a very useful item in MOCs!

Just got:

Clown

Egyptian Queen

Gangster

Lizard Man

Royal Guard

Zookeeper

Having a hard time finding the Boxer!

It's kinna hard to feel too.. unless you have felt the headguard before. The gloves are not that helpful unless you already have a thinking that what you're feeling is the boxer, and knows what and where to feel to confirm it.

Here's the hottest girl of the series

6115140042_ca8ee41cc0.jpg

Sweet!!! Interesting to see S4 is sold out... Last time, when S4 came out on S@H, S3 wasn't sold out. Does this mean that S4 has had a higher demand than S3? I think it does, and it sounds very logical to me.

Actually 4 months both times

Having a hard time finding the Boxer!

Really? In my supermarket there's lots of series 5 minifigs, I felt through some, and most of the ones I got were boxers. You could just pick one randomly here to get a boxer. No gladiators at all, but I already own one. Although I'd like to get some more. :cry_sad: It's kinda sad there are so many left, it's a nice figure. I also like the boxing gloves instead of normal hands I don't think it would look well if they were attached to the hands. In order to feel them, if I find the torso of a figure I don't know, I'm always trying the hands. I did the same with the Blacktron guy and the legs at series 3. Also, the helmet is quite easy to identify, there are no similar pieces.

That's how I found all of the figures I wanted, was just by feeling the helmet/headpiece. We went to a different Wal-mart last night and found two unopened boxes that my wife and I felt through. I found 2 gladiators and 5 dwarves! I was super pumped. Now I can wait until series 6 comes out for the figures I want. I will stand by the feel method though. That has been the easiest by far.

Found two of the tall hanging displays on an endcap at Target today in Texas. Both were pretty much untouched. Nice to see that they're out and about in seemingly good numbers. I wish that series 1 had been as easy to find as 3-5.

At first, I was only really interested in the Gladiator and the Lizardman, I have to say though that they are hardly my favorites. I'm loving the Detective, the Royal Guard, and most of all the Cavegirl! I loved series 4 and at first, wasn't very impressed with series 5. I'm really surprised at how much I've liked this set!

I've gone to 1 WalMart where they were sold out and 2 TRU where they were sold out in Toronto...but luckily I was able to find them at another TRU that had them in stock when I bought, and have since sold out.

Although I bought a bunch, I have to say that I've only opened the Gladiator, and seeing that minifig in person it might be one of my fave minifigs of all time. The copper colour, detailing of the face grille and overall shape are outstanding...side printing on the arm...amazing. GREAT minifig...all we need is a big vicious minifig Lion and Tiger and we can have some memories of Russell Crowe going on...

I'm in the Northwest 'burbs of Chicago and have been to a few Target and Walmart stores and none of them have Minifigures. We've been hitting up the Lego store at Woodfield Mall, but any other locations would be greatly appreciated! I hate dealing w/ the Mall sometimes

I have had more luck collecting this one compared to series 4 where I have more werewolfs then actual figs in my collection, so far I have 10 out of 16 and only got two swaps the zookeeper and small clown. Hoping to get the complete set soon.

I can't believe there's not more talk about the boxer having a two-sided head:

6129698834_d14e36bf3b_m.jpg

I never realized till I read your post :sceptic:

I have had more luck collecting this one compared to series 4 where I have more werewolfs then actual figs in my collection

Huh? Aren't werewolves themselves "actual figs?" Do you mean you have more werewolves than non-werewolves out of this series, or what?

Huh? Aren't werewolves themselves "actual figs?" Do you mean you have more werewolves than non-werewolves out of this series, or what?

Maybe he means "human figs". :unsure:

Anyway, so far my brother and I have the Zookeeper, Lumberjack, Boxer, and Lizard Suit Guy. Out of the four, the Lizard Suit Guy is perhaps my favorite. It would be amusing to use him in a vignette involving next year's "Dino" theme, I think. He also makes a great mascot, Halloween trick-or-treater, or kaiju. And his face feels very unique in expression but generic in detail, making it versatile.

The lumberjack's axe might be perfect for the Axe Cop cubedude I have been working on. His flannel shirt also looks way better than I expected it to, despite the printing only covering the sides of the arms. By the way, a little tidbit we learned from Brickfair is that his name, Kel, comes from a Canadian friend of one of the designers.

The boxer is amazing, in particular because of his double-sided head, although I think I might have preferred if his gloves were more easily removable like the Cheerleader's pom-poms or the crab claws in this year's Atlantis sets. I guess the way they are they look better from more angles, though. His face has a lot of detail-- there's the obvious black eye and wobbly lip on the reverse side, but on the front he also has a gold mouthguard over his upper teeth.

His helmet is a nice sculpt, and his leg and torso prints are very nice, though I'll issue a warning that the yellow print on my boxer's legs is a little thin on the sides. Don't worry, it's very yellow still, unlike the inexplicably greenish skin printing on some lifeguard figs from Series 2. But the color matching is much better on the front of the legs than on the sides, where there's a slightly orangish tone from the red showing through.

As for the zookeeper, she's amazing. I love the copper-colored metallic details on the torso and legs, such as her belt buckle, key, buttons, and name badge. Her face is charming, and her hair looks excellent in reddish brown. In her case, for whatever reason, the printing on the sides of the legs seems more solid than on the front, but being printed over a yellowish-color anyway (brick yellow a.k.a "tan") it doesn't look bad from any angle.

The chimpanzee is pretty excellent, although its hand doesn't fully clip to anything, just sort of hangs from things or holds accessories very loosely. His design simplicity is a testament to modern minifigure animal design, with enough solid lines to be consistent with older animal sculpts like the horse. I also like his printed face, which is IMO miles ahead of the slightly alien-looking sculpted faces of the classic monkey. I wish this guy's arm were a separate piece so it could rotate, though, kind of like some of the Toy Story figs that had unique arm sculpts.

I'd love to see a male zookeeper in a future series, partly because he could have different accessories (like a broom for the less romantic parts of the job) and partly because a male version of the zoo uniform to match the female one would be very good to have if you wanted to make a full zoo.

I picked up two minifigures this Wednesday at Toys R US. I got the Boxer and the Graduate. I might go back today and get a couple more, there's supposed to be BOGO 50% off.

Five Dwarves today... The army has doubled, and now outranks the elves, hehe.

Local Target and Five Belows had plenty of Series 5. You raise the price on my minifigs, TRU and your maniacal giraffe, I'll just go elsewhere. I will WIN the minifig war.

Sorry what i mean is I have 5 separate mini figs for series 4 but I have got 6 werewolfs mini figs......