eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

I found them at FiveBelow here in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania today. They had four cases sitting at the register. I am planning on getting most of them from a local hobby store for $2 each when they get them in but I couldn't help myself so I bought a handful. This is the first time I've seen them in America and $3 is the going rate on them here. Ive already been able to easily identify the parts by feeling the packages so putting a couple sets together shouldn't be a problem. I'm just excited that they're finally here!!

On another note, what stores in the US might still have leftover Series 3? Just really out of the way TRUs?

Actually my local LEGO Store (Hillsdale Shopping Center in CA) still had series 3 minifigures last week-end.

On another note, what stores in the US might still have leftover Series 3? Just really out of the way TRUs?

I'm in Canada so this might not help but: my local LEGO store still had series three and four, last time I was there.

Surely you mixed those up? The dwarf has no squishy parts, unlike the cavewoman with her hair, which makes her one of the most easily identifiable figs.

I think he's talking about the beard. :wink:

I think he's talking about the beard. :wink:

But how is that squishy? :wacko: Well, I suppose it bends a bit when pressing the beard and the hairbraid towards each other, but I wouldn't call that squishy.

But how is that squishy? :wacko: Well, I suppose it bends a bit when pressing the beard and the hairbraid towards each other, but I wouldn't call that squishy.

Yes, the beard. I guess bendy is a more accurate description, but the point is it was really the only piece that I felt a lot of give within the bag. Granted, the Cavewoman's hair is softer, but the identifying piece for me with her was the club.

And unfortunately, no LEGO Stores near Pittsburgh :(

Edited by Tytus

Darn, almost got lucky.

Tomorrow in TRU's across Finland, all legos -50%

But not the minifigs :(

Tomorrow in TRU's across Finland, all legos -50%

Really? Just when I'm leaving to Lapland for a week. Bugger. :sad:

On topic, today I bought what I suspect will be my last Series 5 fig, a second Evil Dwarf. Before today I've bought two lizard guys, one cave woman, one ice fisher, one zoo keeper, one gladiator, one graduate and two Cleopatras (and of course the first dwarf... and accidentally one gangster too, but I sold it to a friend of mine). Cleopatras make quite fine clerics, by the way, when you change the arms from yellow to white and choose a different head and hairpiece.

I wish the Aussie stores would hurry up and get these in stock, I really want to buy some :(

:excited: Yay!

I just brought 3 minifigures series 5!

I wasn't to happy when I got the female caveman because I wanted other ones but the details are very good :thumbup: The hairpiece is unique I belive but it's a shame theres a clip for the bone otherwise it would be great to use in other themes.

Then I got the dinosaur suit guy :pir-oh: This eas the one I wanted so I am very happy that I got this one :cry_happy: (ok maybe not that happy) :sweet: (thats it!) The legs are plain green legs and the torso has a tiny bit of printing on. The headpiece design and tail are great pieces to have. Even better is that there is no zip so you can use it for a 'dinosuar pwn the world' kind of MOC :P

The last one I got was the boxer who I guess is good. The gloves ARE his hands, so I found that strange.

Overall I am glad with series 5 and I will be trying to get the graduate and fisherman :classic:

They've reached the TRU here in Tallahassee, Florida! I picked up eleven of them yesterday and another eleven today, feeling the packets to get the ones I wanted. I haven't yet opened today's, but I'm pretty sure I've completed a set (I should now have three graduates, two apiece of the zookeeper, dwarf, mobster and palace guard, and one each of everything else).

So I bought a case of series 5 today (if you have the funds, it just makes life SO much easier!)

Rather pleased with everything. Got three full sets, plus an extra...

1 x dinosaur man

1 x short clown

2 x London guards

2 x boxers

2 x zookeeper lady

1 x cavewoman

1 x detective

1 x lumberjack

1 x fitness instructor from the 80s

So overall, pretty good score. The slightly strange thing about one of the figs that people are more excited about (for getting multiples I guess) - the graduate - is that there doesn't seem to be a way to make the cape flush with the body, mine all look like they've been caught in a gust of wind from underneath - am I missing something here?

Pretty good set though, definitely on a par with series 4...

Edited by Mr Benn

I live in the almost exact middle of the United States and they weren't at my local TRU..yet. Hopefully soon. I'm pumped to get some!

So I bought a case of series 5 today (if you have the funds, it just makes life SO much easier!)

Where? Was it at or below MSRP?

Where? Was it at or below MSRP?

In the UK - department store called John Lewis (not helpful for you in the USA I appreciate!). The Lego stores (and online) don't let you buy a whole box, they only let you have 16 - so I took my perfectly good money elsewhere...

They were £1.95 each, standard retail price is £1.99 so I saved an enormous £2.40 on the case of 60!

Edited by Mr Benn

I've been told that they're out here in new zealand but i'll have to go into town and check. This is the first series i'm going to buy because I was in a "dark age" when the first two came out and I didn't know enough about them to get 3 or 4.

I live in the almost exact middle of the United States and they weren't at my local TRU..yet. Hopefully soon. I'm pumped to get some!

Yeah, isn't the factory in Georgia? Yet, somehow everyone in California got them first???

I have a question: What did the official names end up being?

Haha same here. I'm in new orleans and looking at the google map, they seem to be creeping toward me on every side - my toys r us has had labeled pegs up for a month but still nothing. Been checking daily.

Awww even Houma now. contemplating the hour drive...

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

So finally got a chance to hit up my LEGO store at Discovery Mills in Lawrenceville, GA., and they didn't have them yet... the guy said maybe next week, but he heard TRU had them. I headed over to TRU and picked up 20 random ones... they had two boxes on display, and weren't limiting purchases. I could have just grabbed a whole one, but they were certainly picked through and rearranged, so I don't know that it would have been anything like buying a closed case.

Anyhow, 20 was good enough for now. Got a good variety... missed the Royal Guard, Cave Woman, Lizard Suit Guy, Dwarf and Snowboarder... so 11 out of the 16 (although I only have 8 myself, after the kids took what they wanted).

Has anyone spied series 5 in Lego stores yet or is it to early? We're going to be going in 3-4 days(not sure yet) and i'm trying to figure out about how much i want to bring w/ me.