Sign in to follow this  
Brickthing

Hero Factory Contest Results!

contestresults.gif

Hero Factory Contest Results!

Finally after a busy week on my part, I've managed to finish compiling the votes and sort out the winners. Thanks for your patience, and here are the results!

Main Contest

Villains

5027675620_c444026cda_z.jpg

1st Place: Blaster by The Lanterne Rouge (29 Votes)

5046947261_c56565d182_z.jpg

2nd Place: Magma by Darkblane (22 votes)

a.jpg

3rd Place: Torchur by Zip (7 votes)

Henchmen

5046297524_ebab783b7c_z.jpg

1st Place: Archer by The Lanterne Rouge (23 votes)

lightning_00.jpg

2nd Place: Lightning by _shaddow_ (18 votes)

final_poster.jpgb.jpg

3rd Place: Equal tie between Benton Destruction by Milargo and Soot Stiletto by Zip (7 votes)

Vehicles

5047564808_063f76c733_z.jpg

1st Place: Rad Bike by Darkblane (29 votes)

5080460414_3a2dd7568f.jpg

2nd Place: Hot Rod by The Lanterne Rouge (18 votes)

c.jpg

3rd Place: Moonshiner by Zip (11 votes)

Mini Contest

After 5 rounds of (reasonably) quick-fire voting, the final two contestants ended up tieing, so neither entry bet the other. However, one of the finalists was a staff entry added to add another fun round, so there is a real winner:

archer_1.jpg

Archer by The Lanterne Rouge! Congratulations, and may he rest in pieces.

Raffle

The raffle was closed a while ago but it wasn't forgotten - the qualifying entries were shuffled in a random order, and then Peppermint_M picked an arbitrary number, which I matched to the winner.

1_512.jpg

Congratulations Vexorian, with Winged Hazards!

The Lanterne Rouge will be receiving 7148 Meltdown, 7145 Von Nebula and the Hero Factory 2010 Toy Fair promo, which can be seen in this new topic! Darkblane will be receiving 7158 Furno Bike! Vexorian will be receiving a 6935 BIONICLE Polybag! All the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place getters will be receiving a special Villain Month Tag:

villaintag.gif

I'd like to thank all of the people who entered, voted and participated in some way during Hero Factory Month, as well as TLC for generously donating prizes! Overall there were 35 MOCs entered into contests, and 16 villains created through the HeroFactory.com Flash Factory. Please post your feedback about the month in this topic as well, specifically for the Mini-contest voting method. I want to know what you think, and if it would work well as an ongoing biweekly contest.

Could all the winners please PM me the addresses that they'd like their prizes sent to, so that they can be posted as soon as possible. :classic: Tag winners can send me their addresses as well if they want their tags posted by mail, but that's entirely optional.

That's it for Hero Factory Month, but we already have exciting plans in the works for next year, both in Hero Factory and other Action Figure themes (mainly BIONICLE). Stay tuned for the beginning of December, and earlier if the 2011 sets start to show up soon as the Stars did last year (~14th November)!

Congratulations to the winners, but really also to all participants. I felt too busy at work and at home to contribute with mocs and even votings.

2011 will be a huge year for Hero Factory. I'm not sure I know when the sets appear, but I already have a villain and a hero :tongue:

Edited by Front

Wow, The Lanterne Rouge really showed us how to sweep a contest! Congrats to him and everyone else that won :classic:

Congratulations to the winners, but really also to all participants. I felt too busy at work and at home to contribute with mocs and even votings.

2011 will be a huge year for Hero Factory. I'm not sure I know when the sets appear, but I already have a villain and a hero :tongue:

...And when the sets are officially released, can we expect you to give us another round of beautiful photographs?

In any case, congrats to all the winners! This contest in general really helped increase the visibility of us Hero Factory fans here on Eurobricks. It was a fun month!

Hey I actually won something. Pretty excited about that promo set. Did you know those orange pincers are unique to that set? Well, at least according to peeron.

Although my MoC looks a little funny standing so close to the awesome winning entries.

Its's a bummer I ended up so poorly. but it was a fun experience nonetheless, and that's always the most important thing in a contest: To have fun. :laugh:

Congratulations to the winners!!!!!! You all deserve it. :thumbup:

Edited by zero1312

Congrats to all what great entries. But is it me but is Hero Factory very simple to build for the set I got there are no Technic pins or anything like that. What do you think?

Congrats to all what great entries. But is it me but is Hero Factory very simple to build for the set I got there are no Technic pins or anything like that. What do you think?

The Hero sets are supposedly impulse sets, replacing the old matoran and meant for the lower part of the age range.

The 4 larger villain sets are more complicated. They do have pins. However, they have significantly simpler builds than the Canister sets from Bionicle.

The 2 large sets (Rotor and Nebula) do seem to have good technic love. The vehicles probably more but they are too expensive for me to try.

Wow! I've been off a few days and I am already off the loop. I can't believe I missed this contest. I remember voting for the mini contest, but do not have a clue about the rest.

Congrats to all winners and participants! The Lanterne Rouge brought some serious game!

Thanks Brickthing for running an excellent series of competitions and thanks to everyone who voted for me.

Also congratulations to the other winners, especially The Lanterne Rouge.

I really enjoyed having a go at these competitions as it's not an area I usually build in.

And it was great to find a use for all those random Bionicle bits I've got!

Congratulations to all the winners! (It's nice to see my picks all won. :classic:) I may not visit this subforum that much, but from what I've seen in this contest, the HF/Bionicle enthusiasts here are really masters on what they do. Great job to all of you guys! :thumbup: Kudos also to the contest organizer, Brickthing, for a successfully-run contest.

Congratulations to all of the winners!

And, thanks to Brickthing for making it possible with his coordination. :sweet:

Congratulations to the winners and good work of all participants!

It looks like this contest really brought out some crazy good MOC´s.