mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

The weapons can't be preliminary, because if they would be changed, they also would have to make whole new molds (which are very expensive tools) for them, and they'd never do that.

I prefer Warcraft Orcs than Tolkiens. And I really like how Lego pictured Orcs( but I don't like the fact that they call them trolls), and I would love to get more and more orcish faces! I am happy that we are getting "baby orcs"in Heroica, only I have to think how can I use it!

Tolkein > Blizzard :tongue:

no there both cool

but I just wouldnt really want more orc sets since there have already been a few. I would rather a new fantasy evil faction and if they use the orcs a new fantasy good faction

could the series 3 minifig elf be hinting something? and wasnt there a promo for the elflands a few years back. Maybe one day the elves will be in our hands :wub:

Personally I wished Castle would get the City treatment where it wouldn't just be one medieval/knightly theme per year.

As much as I don't like playmobil, I can't help but feel a bit jealous over the fact that they get like ... 3 different

castle-ish themes at the same time. (regular knight guys, interior castle stuff for girls :grin: and some "dragon's kingdom" fantasy set)

But I guess Lego probably has good reasons why City has so many sets and Castle tends to keep it to one subtheme per year ...

right?

Personally I wished Castle would get the City treatment where it wouldn't just be one medieval/knightly theme per year.

As much as I don't like playmobil, I can't help but feel a bit jealous over the fact that they get like ... 3 different

castle-ish themes at the same time. (regular knight guys, interior castle stuff for girls :grin: and some "dragon's kingdom" fantasy set)

But I guess Lego probably has good reasons why City has so many sets and Castle tends to keep it to one subtheme per year ...

right?

If LEGO believed they could sell 3 simultaneous Castle themes, I'm sure they would produce them.

I think that's not possible, cause castle simply hasn't got such a wide variety to have many different "subthemes". There was no police, firemen or such stuff in the medieval times. The main thing was the medieval civilian life, and knights that were fighting. A possible subtheme could be something where they focus on the life on sea in the medieval age, with ships and harbours and so on. Another one could be civilian sets (which we start getting now), and then various factions of fighting knights (which we also have already).

Civilian sets are always welcome. What would really be nice is if Lego made a UCS-type castle complete with moat (printed on a base plate perhaps), trees, and some scenery.

Civilian sets are always welcome. What would really be nice is if Lego made a UCS-type castle complete with moat (printed on a base plate perhaps), trees, and some scenery.

It would cost $500 or more, but you know what? I'd buy it... and never buy another castle from TLG again, because hey, I have the UCS one.

I can think of several reasons why TLG wouldn't do this - primarily the prospect of very low sales figures.

It would cost $500 or more, but you know what? I'd buy it... and never buy another castle from TLG again, because hey, I have the UCS one.

I can think of several reasons why TLG wouldn't do this - primarily the prospect of very low sales figures.

I bet you would buy another one when it came out. The Imerial Flagship of 2010 was a big seller for $180 and everybody is ready to buy another pirate ship of the same quality, so I think most people would probably be willing to buy another castle when it came out. Also, most of the other UCS sets like the Taj Mahal or the green grocier sell pretty well, so I think that a big UCS castle would be a good idea.

Edited by Jack Bricker

yea i seriously don't mind a expensive UCS castle. The max I'm willing to pay for a LEGO set would be about 800 i guess. Provided its really stunning.

very nice! i wish the sets would come out abit earlier than summer, the anticipation is so high already :cry_happy: does anyone think there might be a chance that they're coming out earlier, since we are already getting professional pictures?

btw. i just noticed there is one of those new bottles in the carriage set :thumbup:

Edited by metalandi

btw. i just noticed there is one of those new bottles in the carriage set

Oh my, I hope the king doesn't have a drinking problem. :sceptic: It seems the fish stayed in the set - bizarre! The spider web with the long bar attached is a new mold, isn't it?

Oh my, I hope the king doesn't have a drinking problem. :sceptic: It seems the fish stayed in the set - bizarre! The spider web with the long bar attached is a new mold, isn't it?

Yeah, that is a new spider web mold! On a side note, I never thought there was anything bizarre about the fish in the set. As I see it, it's a meal for the invaders. Having them eat whole fish just adds to their barbaric appearance. I can totally picture in a comic-book format these two invaders hiding in the trees, one of them munching on a fish as they wait for the carriage to approach. :laugh:

I just noticed a really good thing about these sets, Smiles! The last years almost all Castle minifigs has shown angry faces, now they are happy. Just like in all the classic sets.

In the mill set all three knights are smiling, quite happy with guarding the farm against the wicked lion knights :laugh:

Edited by GreenKnight

Hmm, strange. Why is there a new spiderweb mould? Kind of redundant, I think, a bit like the automated hammer with the Blacksmith Attack set. :tongue:

Yay, there's a cat (or is it a large mouse?) in the Dragon's Prison set. That's good, as I don't own one.

Nvm.

Yay for bottle piece in King's Chariot. Gizmodo says it's a 50$ set. I thought 40$ was steep!

Edited by UsernameMDM

I just noticed a really good thing about these sets, Smiles! The last years almost all Castle minifigs has shown angry faces, now they are happy. Just like in all the classic sets.

In the mill set all three knights are smiling, quite happy with guarding the farm against the wicked lion knights :laugh:

But at least two of the dragon knights in the mill set have old faces from last year. On the contrary, the new faces shown in the prison escape set are all angry. So I really don't know what you are talking about... :tongue:

Yay, there's a cat (or is it a large mouse?) in the Dragon's Prison set. That's good, as I don't own one.

That's the normal rat that's been around for ages. Many Fantasy Era sets had it, too.

I'm sorry, but I can't see the photos :cry_sad: ! And it's not just on this topic, but all the other themes you've posted in, too. Could someone possibly save the pictures and post them on the first page? Thanks!

I Have Links to all the pictures in Full HR

All pics link to High Res versions! 3000 pxl.

6918 Blacksmith Attack

c_6918_detail_1_hr_800.jpg

7187 Escape from Dragon’s Prison

c_7187_detail_1_hr_800.jpg

7188 King’s Carriage Ambush

c_7188_detail_1_hr_800.jpg

7189 Mill Village Raid

c_7189_detail_1_hr_800.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by grogall

I'm sorry, but I can't see the photos :cry_sad: ! And it's not just on this topic, but all the other themes you've posted in, too. Could someone possibly save the pictures and post them on the first page? Thanks!

Those are links to photos, not the actual photos.

The new pictures present additional great new details. The Dragon Knight has a new breastplate design, new faces amongst the mini-figs. I'm liking these sets the more pictures I see. June can't come quick enough.

Those are links to photos, not the actual photos.

I know that :laugh: ! It's just when I clicked the links the pictures never came up. Thanks Grogall for posting the pictures!

I really like the minifigs, the horse and the accessories of the Dragon Knight dungeon and its overall design. But I think the building itself is sort of poor. It seems Lego is trying to save a couple of bucks worth of bricks and plates (compare it to 6062 Battering Ram and 6059 Knight's Stronghold).

I don't really like the design of the King's carriage, but it's got some nice pieces and ideas for a carriage MOC. I like the new King print, and I love all the minifigs, horses and accessories. The trees are really a plus to this set.

I love all the others sets as they are, and I have no problem with the weapons in the blacksmith set -- actually, I think they are just great!

I'm anxious to get all these sets and place them with the other Kingdoms ones and the MMV. I bet Kingdoms is going to have an exclusive set MMMV-style, but I have no clue of what that could be.

Thanks for the pics! It's always good to have pics of the new sets!