Sign in to follow this  
AllanSmith

Hero Factory 2010

Did you apply the stickers? I'm still waiting to see some detail pics of the sticker on the nose so I can tell for sure what it's supposed to be. Even if you didn't apply the stickers, a high-res picture of the sticker sheet would be appreciated.

I think I may have binned them. I'll check my bin as it hasn't gone yet and I didn't tear it. I'll see.

Edited by The crazy one

Von Nebula

4834897090_849e9d33d8_o.jpg

Front

Okay, You've sold me on this. He looks too badass to pass up.

New podcast is up.

Did Mak really just say "damning"? Binky PM time.

WHAT?! That is so outrageous! You better PM him right away!

</sarcasm>

WHAT?! That is so outrageous! You better PM him right away!

</sarcasm>

For a podcast for 6 year olds? Yeah it really is.

The new game is now officially online.

Also, I've sent public reaction to Mak's language to the HF podcast team.

- Bink

Great, I'll tell people to try it out at the office tomorrow :-)

Or at least to build a hero.

Oh come on guys, seriously? Hero Factory isn't for such a young age group. Read the Bios, it is clearly for an older age group aswell. Really a pointless complaint in my opinion. Itsnot like they said ' sh*t ' or anything.

I played the new game today. The interface is similar to the Voya Nui Online Game from back in 2006.

Oh come on guys, seriously? Hero Factory isn't for such a young age group. Read the Bios, it is clearly for an older age group aswell. Really a pointless complaint in my opinion. Itsnot like they said ' sh*t ' or anything.

If it's not meant "for such a young age group", then why does the box say 6+? Not to mention that the nature of the podcasts isn't really meant to appeal to older kids, what with the gag humor and all that.

And really, is the cursing meant to appeal to an older age group? What kind of influence would 'no guns' Lego be then?

Edited by Zip

If it's not meant "for such a young age group", then why does the box say 6+? Not to mention that the nature of the podcasts isn't really meant to appeal to older kids, what with the gag humor and all that.

6-16. And I doubt many six year olds are going to be listening to these anyway. They are for 9-10 years, and hearing ' damned ' when your 9-10 is not a crisis for parenting.

Edited by The crazy one

6-16. And I doubt many six year olds are going to be listening to these anyway. They are for 9-10 years, and hearing ' damned ' when your 9-10 is not a crisis for parenting.

Crisis for parenting or not, Lego doesn't want to give the wrong influence to kids.

Crisis for parenting or not, Lego doesn't want to give the wrong influence to kids.

But big scientific guns and Hero-talk is fine. And a Hero does not talk like a nurse.

And really, is the cursing meant to appeal to an older age group? What kind of influence would 'no guns' Lego be then?

The 6+ is for the set itself.

I doubt many <10 would even want to listen to the podcast and if they do I doubt they'll have enough attention span to get to hear the damn word. I think the TV shorts will focus the younger part of the audience.

Is damned such a bad word?

Edited by vexorian

The 6+ is for the set itself.

I doubt many <10 would even want to listen to the podcast and if they do I doubt they'll have enough attention span to get to hear the damn word. I think the TV shorts will focus the younger part of the audience.

Is damned such a bad word?

No. It's not.

This is just people overreacting.

That podcast was pretty good; Gargantuan Smash was cool.

-Mesonak

I agree that saying "damned" on LEGO.com is something they want to avoid, and I'm sure it will be dealt with swiftly. But like some are saying, it's not a crisis. People online always blow things out of proportion-- consider the Krika name issue or the Pridak "blood" issue where online fans expected some huge parental panic and nothing came of it. If parents catch wind of this issue, at worst I imagine they'll call Customer Service, yell at someone for a while, be informed that it'll be taken care of, and cool down. Nobody will stop buying LEGO over this little foul-up.

Haven't listened to the podcast, but I'm hoping I get to. If it's taken off the site I hope it's bleeped or re-edited so that it can be put back on.

The word "damning" in this context isn't the same as "damn" itself. It's basically another, less formal-sounding word for "incriminating".

It even made a cameo appearance in the Spongebob Squarepants Movie.

Interesting.

-Mesonak

So these meteors fall to Earth, destroying major cities and landmarks, and all anyone cares about is FREE LEGO SETS? REALLY?

lol

Interesting.

-Mesonak

Neat. I like what Lego is doing with their viral marketing.

Nobody cared when the English bloke said 'bloody' in the viral campaigning...

That sort of inconsistency is fairly common. For examples, see here.

And, as I said before, there's never a real outcry over this sort of thing until it's brought to people's attention on the internet. And even then, the outcry is mostly by fans who expect some sort of huge parental outcry or controversy. Rarely does that huge public reaction come to fruition.

From the news ticker:

Help! The moons of my planet are being dragged by a 40-million-foot-tall robot down to crush us and our 30-million-foot-tall robot can't stop it! Please help!

Well, so much for Hero Factory and Bionicle being in different universes... :tongue:

Edited by Grevious

From the news ticker:

Well, so much for Hero Factory and Bionicle being in different universes... :tongue:

:laugh: