Who Thinks There Are Mini Linear Actuators?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that there are functional, mini Linear Actuators in the backhoe? Yes or no? This is not a public poll, so your answers will remain anonymous.

• Yes
    • No

Summer rumors are starting to appear!

Unconfirmed source...

8081 Extreme Cruiser, 75.00 Euro, Release: June

Oh, and I picked up the first half of 2011's sets(excluding the supercar) at my local toys r us. I would take pictures of them...but it would be of no real value because these are Christmas presents, so no opening them!

Cant you just peek at the new LA? Also an Extreme Cruiser can be any kind of a vehicle? Any ideas?

Unconfirmed source...

Oh, and I picked up the first half of 2011's sets(excluding the supercar) at my local toys r us. I would take pictures of them...but it would be of no real value because these are Christmas presents, so no opening them!

Due to the name of set 8081, I think it will be something based on offroader car(My view is focused

on truggy).And due to price it seems to me like set without PF, but I think there will be realistic chassis with suspensions and real 4x4 drive.

Nothing big and complex but perfect for childrens to show how 4x4 works and great for playing.

Anything with Longer Pneumatics, then builders could make a whole new range of a realistic construction equipment.

Anything with Longer Pneumatics, then builders could make a whole new range of a realistic construction equipment.

:classic:

might me get another moterised st like the bull dozer and the excavator

truck and a low lowloader would be nice to move them

Maybe we could have a mini poll.

Do we want longer pneumatics? (YES!)

If so, how long should they be? (should have a stroke of maybe 2-3 times longer than the current ones, even better would be a range of lengths from one to 7 times the current length, the longest being great for telescopic booms and forklifts)

What uses would you have for them? (everywhere, from excavators to skip trucks to forklifs to backhoes to container trucks to cranes, anything really.)

Maybe we could have a mini poll.

Do we want longer pneumatics? (YES!)

If so, how long should they be? (should have a stroke of maybe 2-3 times longer than the current ones, even better would be a range of lengths from one to 7 times the current length, the longest being great for telescopic booms and forklifts)

What uses would you have for them? (everywhere, from excavators to skip trucks to forklifs to backhoes to container trucks to cranes, anything really.)

i dont think lego will go to the hasel of makeing a few differant sizes, it would be good if you could change the lenths your self by adding parts

I think 2x longer cylinders would be perfect for most uses: backhoes, excavators, forklifts, loaders and even smaller cranes!

i dont think lego will go to the hasel of makeing a few differant sizes, it would be good if you could change the lenths your self by adding parts

Yeah I have the same feeling. I was just throwing it out there! If we must have only one length then 2-3 times longer I think would be the most useful in terms of authentisity, functionality and versatility/reusability in different sets.

It would be great to be ablt to change the length, I did think of that but i'm wondering if that can be done well. You would need to be able to split the metal rod and the tube body and insert extention pieces seemlesly together. It would probably be more feasable to just have different lengths.

all sets in this tread are very small sets and not very interesting is there not mention of any flagship big models coming for 2011 as most have no interest in a gearbox in a supercar i think?

all sets in this tread are very small sets and not very interesting is there not mention of any flagship big models coming for 2011 as most have no interest in a gearbox in a supercar i think?

the backhoe is a big model it i think it is going to be about 50-60 uk pounds

..is there not mention of any flagship big models coming for 2011

Nothing except this:

Unconfirmed source...

..as most have no interest in a gearbox in a supercar i think?

Yes, we do.

Edited by Pauger

i just taught it was strange but can any of these rumors be confirmed as the pics of the new backhoe looks like a small-midsize model,id love something like the size of the new red truck of the new excavator!most years have seen a flagship model do ye not think,also the supercars are nice but i prefer actual working models using actuators/penumatics and machinery/trucks interesting stuff etc!for instance did ye know last year what the 2010 models were going to be or did anyone get a nice suprise when they came out?

i just taught it was strange but can any of these rumors be confirmed as the pics of the new backhoe looks like a small-midsize model,id love something like the size of the new red truck of the new excavator!most years have seen a flagship model do ye not think,also the supercars are nice but i prefer actual working models using actuators/penumatics and machinery/trucks interesting stuff etc!for instance did ye know last year what the 2010 models were going to be or did anyone get a nice suprise when they came out?

We have to wait till the Toyfair where the sets for 2h 2011 appear.

Maybe is lego going to try different sales plan next year.Technic is well known for big, complex models with many pieces, but in another way nobody can afford all of them.This is the case for the second half of year...

If there will be very small amount of big sets, buyers will be able to buy all of them.The main at the beginning of the year for all cases like birthday or Christmas and the second only for Christmas sale.

We have to wait till the Toyfair where the sets for 2h 2011 appear.

Yeah, this topic is 1h 2011. Traditionally Technic sets are released in two waves, smaller sets for the first release. 8043 this year was a 2h-release.

As long as we don't get a new year like 1987 I'm happy (I won't even mention the dark ages of 1998, 1999 {apart from 8448} and 2000 :jollyroger: ).

Must this same discussion happen every year :wink:

Yes, there will be larger sets for the second half of the year, what has turned up so far is only the smaller sets for the first half of the year, same thing happens every year.

Pictures High Definition !! :wink: Click to enlarge

First Model :

001.jpg 002.jpg

003.jpg 004.jpg

Secondary Model :

005.jpg 006.jpg

Box :

007.jpg 008.jpg

First Model :

001.jpg 002.jpg

003.jpg 004.jpg

Secondary Model :

005.jpg 006.jpg

Box :

007.jpg 008.jpg

First Model :

001.jpg 002.jpg

003.jpg 004.jpg

Secondary Model :

005.jpg 006.jpg

Box :

007.jpg 008.jpg

First Model :

001.jpg 002.jpg

003.jpg 004.jpg

Secondary Model :

005.jpg 006.jpg

Box :

007.jpg 008.jpg

First Model :

001.jpg 002.jpg

003.jpg 004.jpg

Secondary Model :

005.jpg 006.jpg

Box :

007.jpg 008.jpg

First Model :

001.jpg 002.jpg

003.jpg 004.jpg

005.jpg 006.jpg

Secondary Model : I like this Hot Rod :tongue:

007.jpg009.jpg

(Edit : add the second picture of the secondary model on 10 dec 2010)

Box :

008.jpg

If anyone want it , I have done a pack with all this high def pictures : Technic1H2011.rar

Edited by tony_st170

some nice sets for early in the year,for me the cars are very boring because they have no playability or working parts,also is the backhoe 8069 manual funtions ie no motors cause if so theres nothing exciting about these mini actuators,roll on 2h2011 large models!

some nice sets for early in the year,for me the cars are very boring because they have no playability or working parts,also is the backhoe 8069 manual funtions ie no motors cause if so theres nothing exciting about these mini actuators,roll on 2h2011 large models!

No idea what you are talking about, I think the minicrane is nice example of how much function and playability you can put in such a small space. The backhoe might not be pf driven, but has lot of functionality, and therewith playability within a nice price. secondary models of almost all the set look also nice as well. And in my opinion the 8070 ads a lot of motorised functionality. 4 motorised functions with just one motor within a good looking frame. And whos says you can't add yourself an extra motor here and there.

Edited by Jan

Thanks, Tony_st170, for posting the hi-resolution pictures! I like the four functions available on the upcoming 8070 Lego Technic Supercar:

001.jpg

No idea what you are talking about, I think the minicrane is nice example of how much function and playability you can put in such a small space. The backhoe might not be pf driven, but has lot of functionality, and therewith playability within a nice price. secondary models of almost all the set look also nice as well. And in my opinion the 8070 ads a lot of motorised functionality. 4 motorised functions with just one motor within a good looking frame. And whos says you can't add yourself an extra motor here and there.

Everyone has an opinion i didnt mean to run them down i just prefer larger more challenging set with LA,s and pneumatics as im an older builder thats all,maybe 2h2011 will bring us nice models like the excavator and crane truck etc.

If you notice, many things have been changed on that high res pic of the 8070 supercar, the spoiler in front has been changed and stickers have been added, although I am not sure if they were neccessary. Also many pieces were added throughout the model. The wheels are no longer black either.

Edited by TechnicJuan

Everyone has an opinion i didnt mean to run them down i just prefer larger more challenging set with LA,s and pneumatics as im an older builder thats all

Of course, and it is in no way a personal attack. But I don't think it'because lack of functionality or playability, but more of the lack of challenge as you mention now. I haven't had these new actuators in hand, but it could be that as they are smaller there are less revolutions required to extend them. Which could add to the usability in manual operated devices