Sign in to follow this  
the enigma that is badger

BrickArms at BrickFair 2010: New Prototypes and Exclusives!

Some images of the new BrickArms prototypes and exclusive items Brickmania had on display and to offer at Brickfair 2010!

First up, the new prototypes Will unveiled at Brickfair!

Kar98 Rifle

4814467750_e1ac0c9ebc.jpg

Heavy Laser Cannon with removable Viewfinder

4864781459_16f53b5341.jpg

4864479307_53f91e9475.jpg4864479533_bc8c00bc40.jpg

The Viewfinder is a separate accessory that connects into the HLC using the same slot-tab system as the MG42, Combat LMG, Ammo Drum, and Buildable Ammo Chain Tab.

Here's a shot of the Viewfinder unattached:

4865400730_91cc198179.jpg

This system means you can mix-and-match accessories in all sorts of neat ways! Here's two fun examples:

4864781503_8702ab1ee1.jpg

4864480787_7b6ae2144f.jpg

Z-5E Pod Gun

4819007211_db9d4db7ae_b.jpg

4865400316_986a92bc61.jpg

The barrel is fully-grippable, allowing all sorts of neat building opportunities!

4865099590_161af7f546.jpg

4865400500_423f588b4d.jpg

Lever-Action Rifle

4864781771_ba059db913.jpg

Will actually only cut half a prototype mold for the Lever-Action as it was immediately obvious the item was oversized and the design needed to be revised. Still, Will thought folks would enjoy seeing the design as well as just how well his new CNC can cut!

BrickArms also unveiled a new ABS plastic prototype of the BrickArms Musket which can be seen in this thread in the Classic-Pirates Forum

In terms of neat new exclusive items, Will provided Dan Siskind of Brickmania with these fun items: the BrickArms Stahlhelm in White and Tan!

4878355724_a964634113.jpg

As of this moment, Will is still considering whether or not builders would be strongly interested in having those color options added to the BrickArms website. Please feel free to post if you'd like to see the BrickArms Stahlhelm in White and/or Tan here!

Dan of Brickmania also had several new production BrickArms accessories available for sale at the convention, and you can look forward to several fun additions to the BrickArms line-up in the near future (that's as specific as I can get)!

Any and all constructive feedback you have is greatly appreciated!

Awesome! Those look awesome!

Everyone scream, "WHITE AND TAN!" :grin:

Awesome news Badger, my favourite has to be the Z-5E Pod Gun, such a sleek and appealing design. :wub: Just what our Sci-Fi fans will love, I'm sure. The Heavy Laser Cannon is a close second, that bad boy looks like it could do some serious damage! Is it based off anything specific (I'm interested in the reasons for the inclusion of the chunky square base on the barrel).

The minifigs look nice too, up to usual BA quality and those helmets are quite appealing. Thanks very much for the news, Badger. :classic:

First up, the new prototypes Will unveiled at Brickfair!

Kar98 Rifle

4814467750_e1ac0c9ebc.jpg

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!

We get the one thing the entire WWII Community has been waiting for! :thumbup:

Wow, these look great! I would like to see the Stalhelm in Tan, and also white, but that's not necessary. Were white helmets used as snow/winter camo?

-Santhor

Wow, these look great! I would like to see the Stalhelm in Tan, and also white, but that's not necessary. Were white helmets used as snow/winter camo?

-Santhor

There was no real official Winter camo for the Wehrmacht during the first winters of the russian campaign. Many soldiers made white helmet covers out of old sheets or a poncho type thing made out of white material. Sometimes soldiers would paint there helmets white but not every soldier had access to paint of course. Heres a image of a Uniform from the Re-enactment group "Grossdeutschland" Im hoping to join:

grossdeutschland-Rifleman-OstFront.jpg

And make shift camo:

3onmg.jpg

Awww...what a tease that Leveraction is. Actually that mold is of a henry rifle and their barrels are quite longer than the current trapper/carbine rifles. Can't wait for that, I hope they eventually make it to the store.

The Heavy Laser Cannon is a close second, that bad boy looks like it could do some serious damage! Is it based off anything specific (I'm interested in the reasons for the inclusion of the chunky square base on the barrel).

The HLC and Viewfinder are based on the laser cannon from the anime film Akira:

akira.jpg

Actually that mold is of a henry rifle and their barrels are quite longer than the current trapper/carbine rifles.

Interesting! The main issue with the current design is actually that Will feels it's a bit oversized (longer than the BrickArms M1 Garand and Lee-Enfield). It's possible that when Will resizes it, you may feel it's closer to a Winchester. Ultimately, given both rifles are so similar in appearance, on the minifig scale and aesthetic, I'd say the BA Lever-Action could easily fill-in for both!

Actually that mold is of a henry rifle and their barrels are quite longer than the current trapper/carbine rifles.

Henry rifles don't have a forestock like that. Looks more like a Win 1866 or 94 to me. Definitely a Winchester, though.

Man, I am so damn excited about a bolt-action rifle and a lever-action rifle. Now howsabout selling us that derringer that's been sittin' around for over a year? Might as well give us the trifecta of conspicuously absent Western weapons, eh? Eh?

Having received a copy of the KAR 98, the Pod Gun, viewfinder and Heavy Laser Cannon I can say that they are amazing protos typical of Will's unsurpassed quality. I bought several tan and white Stahlhelm's and have to say that they are gorgeous. The colors are a perfect match.

The KAR 98 is a great gun and one I hope Will hurries into production. Thanks for getting one into my hands at BrickFair Badger!

I'd also like to add that the ApocaLego contributor pack is great thanks to BrickArms for providing those. I guess I'll talk about the Muskets in the other thread.

I must say that if I could have the Stalhelm in tan I would buy at least 50+. I'm not joking either, World War II desert is my most favorite military theme of all time. I'm currently working on a Rat Patrol project which will obviously involve large quantities of Germans. To sum it up I would like to see the Stalhelm in tn and White.

Top work on the Kar 98 as well.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Totally lovin' on that lever-action and I'm chiming in with the others..."WHITE AND TAN!" (I mean, c'mon...how could you NOT make them????)

Thanks for all the feedback! I'll definitely pass on everything that had to be said to Will! Really, that's the whole point of BrickArms displaying these prototypes: as they're still works-in-progress, your feedback definitely has an effect on what you'll see next BrickArms!

Thanks for all the feedback! I'll definitely pass on everything that had to be said to Will! Really, that's the whole point of BrickArms displaying these prototypes: as they're still works-in-progress, your feedback definitely has an effect on what you'll see next BrickArms!

Then I can vouch for Eurobricks, No.1 on the list is the Kar98 most wanted. :thumbup:

Posting from my vacation to say that White and Tan Stahlhelms are awesome! please add these.

If you took the time out from your vacation to let me know, the least I can do is pass that request onto Will! :wink:

Thanks for the feedback!

Yet again, I'm amazed by the ammount of detail and art you can put in BA products :wub:

The Heavy Laser Cannon with removable Viewfinder is by far my favourite, but I love them all and I really appreciate the fact that the Z-5E Pod Gun's barrel can be combined with such a variety of official parts!

Thanks for sharing this great news.

Nice new updated stuff. I have seen something similar of a modern sci-fi sword/blade. Is that a prototype as well? I believed I had seen someone posted it inside the BA forums. :blush:

Looking forward to its official release. :thumbup: