It's interesting to see that people are paying attention to the cards. I haven't really been interested in that personally, but I think it's a great concept for LEGO to be pursuing. That goes for the other games as well (eg Minotaurus, Creationary, Monster 4)...a smart idea to "build" game pieces, etc. Adds a whole new dimension to LEGO. Anyway, I'm curious...how many people here are actually playing the game/spinning/battle aspect of these sets? On that note, I haven't been paying too close attention to the packing of cards in sets, but are they all the same or are they random? In other words, are all the Kai spinner/figure packs (2111) sold with the same cards, or if I bought two would they have different, randomly assorted cards? Wondering how LEGO's setting up this aspect and how it's catching on?

My wife teaches 5th grade and I have several nephews, and I know that these types of collectible battling toys/games (eg Beyblades, Yugi-oh) are pretty popular. I haven't heard yet of too many kids who are into these sorts of things expressing interest in Ninjago, but it is early.

Im not playing the games but my kids do. The cards are not randomly packed. They are always the same in a set. However in march/april some of the spinner sets will be replaced by new ones. And I think august will come with even more spinner sets. And I guess thoose new sets will have new cards. There seems to be a total of 81 cards including the "figure cards" but excluding the special cards.

Im not playing the games but my kids do. The cards are not randomly packed. They are always the same in a set. However in march/april some of the spinner sets will be replaced by new ones. And I think august will come with even more spinner sets. And I guess thoose new sets will have new cards. There seems to be a total of 81 cards including the "figure cards" but excluding the special cards.

I enjoying playing it. Its really addictive :D Also I love to try making a new weapons and special powers.

Having only just last night watched Ninjago on CN in Oz, I can't wait to have each dragon to go with each Ninja :grin: . But I'm confused, what era is Ninjago set, the blacksmithing shop is very old school, as too the farmers in the fields.....but there are power/telephone poles in the background ? :wacko:

Keep on spinning ! :grin:

Having only just last night watched Ninjago on CN in Oz, I can't wait to have each dragon to go with each Ninja :grin: . But I'm confused, what era is Ninjago set, the blacksmithing shop is very old school, as too the farmers in the fields.....but there are power/telephone poles in the background ? :wacko:

Keep on spinning ! :grin:

I think it's meant to be deliberately anachronistic. Which is no problem for me, as some of my favorite stories (such as A Series of Unfortunate Events) also have this characteristic.

Wait, really? Wow. Kind of no collectible aspect to it if the cards are the same.

Personally, I don't use them for the game (I don't have any spinners yet, and those would only be from sets anyway).

Wait, really? Wow. Kind of no collectible aspect to it if the cards are the same.

Personally, I don't use them for the game (I don't have any spinners yet, and those would only be from sets anyway).

Sure there is. Something doesn't have to be randomized to be collectible. By making the cards standard for each set, LEGO encourages kids to "collect them all"-- not just with regard to the cards but also with regard to the sets. They did the same thing with the Knights Kingdom sets in 2004, and the Orient Expedition sets in 2003. You'd get the same cards in every Castle of Morcia set, for instance-- but the cards in a Citadel of Orlan set would be totally different.

The same applies here. You buy a Ninja Kai set, you get the cards that go with that set. To get different cards, you have to buy a different set like Cole DX or the Spinjitzu Dojo.

EDIT: Also, has anyone watched the designer videos on the Ninjago products page? They're really entertaining.

Edited by Aanchir

Sure there is. Something doesn't have to be randomized to be collectible. By making the cards standard for each set, LEGO encourages kids to "collect them all"-- not just with regard to the cards but also with regard to the sets. They did the same thing with the Knights Kingdom sets in 2004, and the Orient Expedition sets in 2003. You'd get the same cards in every Castle of Morcia set, for instance-- but the cards in a Citadel of Orlan set would be totally different.

The same applies here. You buy a Ninja Kai set, you get the cards that go with that set. To get different cards, you have to buy a different set like Cole DX or the Spinjitzu Dojo.

Well, you have a point. What I meant was there's not really any incentive to buy multiples or trade others to complete a card collection.

Still, it is surprising that the cards aren't randomised, given most trading cards are. I thought they were going to go for that approach, but no...

Ninjago seems to be doing well - at least at my local LEGO shop here in Ohio. I went in last Saturday to pick up the four smallest building sets of the line, and not a single one was in stock! They had a pile of the big evil dude fortress though.

Shopkeep says he can't keep em in stock and to check back in a couple of weeks. Good thing I'm a very patient man.

Dunno how well they are selling anywhere else or how the spinners are selling... one kid did buy a spinner pack while I was in though. Ninjago selling where yall are?

Go go LEGO Ninjago! :laugh:

EDIT: Oh, yeah, They seem to be selling well at Targets around here too, never too many sets on the shelf.

Edited by TheWarden

Ninjago seems to be doing well - at least at my local LEGO shop here in Ohio. I went in last Saturday to pick up the four smallest building sets of the line, and not a single one was in stock! They had a pile of the big evil dude fortress though.

Shopkeep says he can't keep em in stock and to check back in a couple of weeks. Good thing I'm a very patient man.

Dunno how well they are selling anywhere else or how the spinners are selling... one kid did buy a spinner pack while I was in though. Ninjago selling where yall are?

Go go LEGO Ninjago! :laugh:

EDIT: Oh, yeah, They seem to be selling well at Targets around here too, never too many sets on the shelf.

Haven't seen one yet, which means they are probably all sold out before I get a chance or they haven't arrived yet which I doubt.

30081-1.jpg

30080-1.jpg

These to are the best :classic:

I'm not sure how Zane is supposed to fly though :laugh:

I am going to buy some spiners soon to get the cards to put in an old album for some old card game (I think it was a football one).

If you want all the cards and not the spinners you could print the ones in the card index on the Lego website.

Pompommini out :classic:

Ahh, beat me to it. :laugh:

Zane's glider is definitely the highlight of these. Not only are there an abundance of nice gold weapons, there's also the elusive Zane figure which doesn't appear in cheap sets.

If these are promotional, then they almost definitely won't appear here, which is a shame. I really need some more figures to round out my army. :sceptic:

I wonder if the ninjas will have a Ninja Goat, no just kidding, but after Lord Garmadon I wonder who the villian will be ?

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Oh lordy, I hope I can buy that chopper and gold glider, they look great with nice parts within. Please let them appear in stores somewhere near me....

These t(w)o are the best :classic:

Agreed. I'd love to have those two, maybe even multiples! Just look at all the rare parts and figs! :thumbup:

I love these special promotional sets, even if they do verge on silly... I mean, 30082, what is that, a machine gun nest for ninjas??? *huh*

No, it's a dummy thing with swords that spin around it. Probably another training thing.

No, it's a dummy thing with swords that spin around it. Probably another training thing.

Ahahahaha :laugh:

ahem. I read that as "No, dummy, it's a thing with swords..."

I, like everyone else, love the wings thing, and want the skellie set for the knuckle joints and bones

If these are promotional, then they almost definitely won't appear here

Heck, you're not alone in that.

Seems like those things are always "only sold with candy in Japan, and in England with that tabloid with the topless girl page"

What I rue is that target practice kingdoms set hasn't shown up around me. I want it BAD.

EDIT: excuse me, I'm a retard. the sun is not the daily mirror. Good job, Joe's memory.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

:sceptic: seems like the white ninja one will be a USA exclusive looking and the free child legoland ticket that comes in the instructions...

dammit, and that was the only one I considered getting :hmpf_bad:

Holy Skeletons, Batman! I want a few dozen of that ultra-awesome helicopter-thingy. What's not to love there? Multiple long bone pieces, a skeleton that doesn't look like a stoner in a small set, that new Atlantis triangular-clip-on-bar-piece and some wedges in purple. Want, want, want!

-> also: perfect army-building set!

Edit: Ha! In my initial glee I missed to comment on white ninja's little flying machine: I don't think it'd stand out that much if it hadn't this variety of gold-pieces. The prospect of getting 6 golden troll-scimitars in one little promo set however? Tasty! Want!

Be well all!

Cutty

Edited by Cutty

Some new footage from the Nuremberg Toy Fair (jump to 0:15)...

The temple has an awesome play feature! :cry_happy: Prepare to be surprised! :laugh:

Edited by Fugazi