Klaus-Dieter

2011 City sets

OK so I take it back, the bank looks great and the safe MAN THE SAFE looks great!!! This armoured car is also great.

I LOVE IT!!!!

regards

Maciej

That bank set is a must-buy for me.

So many wonderful parts.

The car chase, I love the cop car (and will probably steal its design for some cars of my own depending on how they did the rear windscreen)

Red sports car is boring (because its yet another red one)

The traffic camera is cool, anyone know what part they are using for the base?

With the blue motorcycle, this means the 2010 police line includes cops riding quad bikes, trikes, motorbikes AND pushbikes

New pictures

default_wubnew.gif They are from the Lego City website which has had a facelift.

Wow! These look amazing! I will definetly be buying both! Just proves, "Don't judge a lego set by its Preliminary pics"! :laugh:

Definitely impressed with this bank. Sure, it doesn't match my expectations of a bank, but it does match the sort of bank that fits well in LEGO City. Plus, I have to admire that the bad guys aren't up to the traditional "blow up the bank" scheme we're familiar with from Wild West and Studios. Instead, we have a more elaborate heist, complete with a sneaky entry and escape via the skylights!

Also, I love how the criminal in the police chase set isn't some detestable convict-- he's an ordinary citizen who thinks he's above the rules of the road. Way to send the kids a realistic message!

Also, what's the face on the policeman in the street chase scene? He looks to have some facial wrinkles. I'm not familiar with that face print. In the car, there's also another female cop for our collections!

on the new lego city site they have a lego city harbor ship is that a city set

No, it is not. It is a Maersk exclusivew that has not been released. :classic:

I really don't like the chase set. The bank is cool though. I'll definitely buy that. Love the credit card printed tile the female is holding. I think the ATM needs modding but that's a minor flaw in a great little set.

ok after checking the lego website today i just saw that the fire helicopter and green grocer are no longer listed which brings me to this question

what is the usual length of time a lego set remains on legos website before it no longer becomes available

and also how can you tell when lego is planning to stop making a certain set for example there are alot of sets that say hard to find even the exclusive shuttle adventure and grand emporium that came out early this year...does that mean ther they will stop being made when whatever stock left is sold out

the reason why im asking this is because i want to get the death star but i wont have the money right now to get it so how can i tell what time is left before this set is stopped being made by lego

im sorry if this isnt posted in the right section but i saw someone earlier mention some city sent not being on lego again so i wanted to reply to it

The bank looks wonderful, I'm so glad that we're finally getting another one. Our thieves finally get to do some more robbing instead of being stuck filling up prison cells. I'm really pleased with the size of the set, the details, and the extra vehicles and minifigures - it's a very well rounded set.

Oh almost forgot there are to new commercials -

Police Boat and Police station

I didn't realise that crime was that bad in Lego City that they had to build a prison island default_laugh_new.gif

Hey! Nice! You got to love the city landscape in every of those commercials! :classic::thumbup:

Be nice if next time Lego get round to Police sets they include a prison instead of so many vehicles. Revive the orange overall prisoner from the world city sets. stretch out that barbed wire ring into a length of wire with aglet ends, prison guards and a governor. *wistful sigh*

It is great how lego lego has FINALLY given us a set that includes someone who is commiting a crime who is not a criminal yet in police chase

Yes! Finally a new bank!! :thumbup: A couple of those would make a nice large MOCoff the original. Car chase looks nice to. Another sports car to go with 8402 Sport car and the yellow one from 8404. Hope they aren't going to be priced to high..

What do you all think of the the three new squad cars compared to the the recently discontinued? Personally, my favorite is from the car chase, then the one from the bank, the discontinued, finally the one from the new PD. Looks a little squatty. Kinda like that fire car from the more recent FD. Real tall; pretty short... eh.. :sceptic: Anyway kudos to most of these sets. BTW isn't that Maersk Liner the same one released 2004?

New pictures

They are from the Lego City website which has had a facelift.

Awesome pictures, Red Brick-- Thanks again!

Judging by these new shots, I am very pleased with a.) the quality of both of these sets and b.) how seamlessly they blend into the existing City Police line. By the time I add these two, along with the Prisoner Transport and the Police Boat, I'm fairly certain my squad will be complete. When all is said and done I'll have five squad cars, two K-9 units and a paddy wagon-- if only I had more cycles for the handful of highway patrolmen I picked up during Series 2.

LOVE the bank and all of the small details, like the safe on the second floor and the ability to have a crook scale the walls. Plus the armored car is sweeeeeet.

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Looking at the advertisements for the new Police set, I didn't know Lego City is full of criminals :wacko: I'm surprised they didn't overwhelm the police force.

Anyway, I noticed in the police boat commercial there is a red brick build container ship, the design almost similar to the one from Launch and Load seaport. You will noticed it as the camera zooms out from the "Legotraz" on the bottom right. Possible hint on the rumored 2nd half set?

The container crane however looks to be similar to the most recent one.

Anyway, I noticed in the police boat commercial there is a red brick build container ship, the design almost similar to the one from Launch and Load seaport. You will noticed it as the camera zooms out from the "Legotraz" on the bottom right. Possible hint on the rumored 2nd half set?

Well spotted!

new_ship_questionmark.jpg

I don't think it has a brick-built hull though. It seems more like a red version of this.

And... are those 'bus windows' in (non-trans) dark-blue on the money transport? The edges seem rounded.

download26C506BEEB1F27BA047AA03F0561C2A4.jpg

Well spotted!

*snip*

I don't think it has a brick-built hull though. It seems more like a red version of this.

*snip*

It's not the large cargo ship in red it's too narrow and too short. It may be the hull from the police boat. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=54100c02

Hard to tell from that angle and the speed it zips by but I know it's a lot smaller than the cargo hull.

Edited by Brickenhead-town-dweller

I'm sorry to be a sceptic but I believe that it's the hull from the older fire boat set. Also it seems both use many of the same parts so I think it's just a moc from Lego to be put into the harbour since the older one is way to old to be used in the commercial (since you can't get it in the shops anymore)

Purely Sceptical, but these could be small sets from 2011 or parts of larger sets featured and screen grabbed from the videos posted earlier, there was a small green truck as well, but it was a bit too blurry

screen_shot_2010-12-16_at_19.09.33.png Nice little forlift

screen_shot_2010-12-16_at_19.09.57.png Delivery Van

screen_shot_2010-12-16_at_19.10.19.png Looks like a small crane or road repair crew

screen_shot_2010-12-16_at_19.16.33.png Looks like a cafe?

screen_shot_2010-12-16_at_19.16.50.png Could be some off road vehicles

Remember, many pages back a rumour of a harbour with a SMALLER than last time cargo ship ! :wink:

That ship might use the fire and coast guard boat hull's.....we'll just have to wait and see eh ?

And also those curved edges on the armoured van with the bank set is those new window pieces that first came with city corner but only in solid blue (not transblue).

Keep on waiting for 2011.

Now quick edit - that forklift is the older cargo train red one in yellow, but maybe.

Also that cafe, part of a marina....looks a seaside type of building...remember Lego sneek future sets in funny places...it like reading a kid's Spot-What book - it's like a game with Lego....the lady on British tv last year with pictures of the new train sets ! :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

It's not this hull either. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=62791c01 There are no ballast tank bulges on the hull sides. The stern is flat as are the sides. So that brings us back to http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=54100c02.

And yes it's likely just 'movie set' filler in the commercial.

Paul_delahaye the forklift looks like one from 7733 truck and forklift and the delivery van kinda looks like the van from 7237 police station. the little 'cafe' like building is cute.

Edited by Brickenhead-town-dweller

Purely Sceptical, but these could be small sets from 2011 or parts of larger sets featured and screen grabbed from the videos posted earlier, there was a small green truck as well, but it was a bit too blurry

screen_shot_2010-12-16_at_19.09.33.png Nice little forlift

screen_shot_2010-12-16_at_19.09.57.png Delivery Van

screen_shot_2010-12-16_at_19.10.19.png Looks like a small crane or road repair crew

screen_shot_2010-12-16_at_19.16.33.png Looks like a cafe?

screen_shot_2010-12-16_at_19.16.50.png Could be some off road vehicles

Now who's up for some scratch-building eh ? :wink:

I might give it a go ! :grin:

Now that boat hull, may also be a new piece, but also it could be true that it might be only fill in on the video clip.

I'm a conformist! 2011 ! :grin:

While I do like City Lego, I just can't stand these thin buildings with holes and open backs. Will we see more of these giant modular buildings? Any news on this?

While I do like City Lego, I just can't stand these thin buildings with holes and open backs. Will we see more of these giant modular buildings? Any news on this?

I different than you then, I like the open back, but also like the modular style.....nothing wrong with either.

In those shots 'paul_delahaye' posted not the last one a light blue vehicle with something on top....a tv news crew car (2012 rumour a few weeks back) eh ? :wink:

Keep on...... :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger