Klaus-Dieter

2011 City sets

I don't think this new Hillside house will fit in well in a city for the sole fact that it's on a hill :tongue:

It will be an easy mod though.

I've heard that there is gonna be a new cargo train. Will that mean that 7939 is no longer produced?

By the way, which one is the best city set in 2011? For me it's definitely the Bank, then comes Marina.

Space sets are now up in LEGO Shop@Home under the Transportation category. I've already bought the Space Moon Buggy and the Satellite Launch Pad and I can't wait to get the other two.

Thanks for the Creator link Bachus. :thumbup: The Hillside House looks pretty interesting.

Space port instructions are back up on Lego.com, dam it need my modem....Macca's wi-fi is too slow ! :sceptic:

Only space centre looks worth buying though.....strikes me as odd that a tool station and fuel tanks so close to the actual launch pad.....no wonder we get new fire sets every few years eh ? :devil:

Hey Folks,

I found the Space Shuttle here in NY the other day. I am very, very pleased with the set!! I can't put it down actually. But I was under the impression the City-Space sets weren't due to be in stores until June or August in the US.. Does this mean the other sets in this line will be released soon as well? After having the shuttle, I want the launch pad and space center too!!

Cheers

Hey Folks,

I found the Space Shuttle here in NY the other day. I am very, very pleased with the set!! I can't put it down actually. But I was under the impression the City-Space sets weren't due to be in stores until June or August in the US.. Does this mean the other sets in this line will be released soon as well? After having the shuttle, I want the launch pad and space center too!!

Cheers

The Shuttle came available Mar 1 in NA. The others are due this summer.

The space sets were out in January here in the UK, I've got them already and have to say I was a bit dissapointed with the rocket, it just looks odd :sceptic: , my favourite one is the shuttle IMO :thumbup:

www.spacevidcast.com

The Shuttle came available Mar 1 in NA. The others are due this summer.

Thanks! If that is true though, it's kinda disappointing!! Haha. Thank's for the tease LEGO!

And if anyone is interested in watching the current Shuttle mission, STS-133, you can watch it live: My link

Cheers

Edited by MontanaVista

The Space Port sets look great :thumbup: - but I won't buy them since I'll spent my money on the marina and the harbor which I prefer over the Space Port sets.

Since the new cargo train 3677 seems not to be a completely new set but seems to replace the current cargo train (read here, too), there's a chance that we'll get an exclusive City set in summer, too, don't you think? At least I really hope so!

I really hope for something similar to the classic Main Street, to 10184 or 7641. A service station hasn't been released for years - so one might be included if we got such a set. Plus minimum one shop - a Lego Store, a grocery and/or supermarket, a cafe and a hotel are that much needed!

On the other hand I'm a bit sceptical about whether we'll get an exclusive civilian oriented set in this year's summer at all since we haven't got any information til now (and about 8403 and 8404 we already knew at this date last year).

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Just some quick details from the Melbourne toy fair, NO city advents were on display and I have a little piece of information for 2012....prototypes have been made of a new sub-theme aimed at girls, no idea what and that's all I have been told.

Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

Just some quick details from the Melbourne toy fair, NO city advents were on display and I have a little piece of information for 2012....prototypes have been made of a new sub-theme aimed at girls, no idea what and that's all I have been told.

I hope Sports comes back next year and a few more sets I really want

I suspect the City Advent Calendar will be just like the last couple, with it being something you have to order specially and not something sold at retail (I wonder if that is a decision made by LEGO Australia or whether there are no retailers at all interested in the City Advent Calendar)

I suspect the City Advent Calendar will be just like the last couple, with it being something you have to order specially and not something sold at retail (I wonder if that is a decision made by LEGO Australia or whether there are no retailers at all interested in the City Advent Calendar)

YESSSS! So the gossips were true!

uhmmm no images :(

I'm male, but I'm excited about this new theme for girls. It'll most likely have plenty of lovely female minifigures, and if it's anything like Paradisa, it'll have lots of nice pink parts, new animal moulds and new accessories!

I'm male, but I'm excited about this new theme for girls. It'll most likely have plenty of lovely female minifigures, and if it's anything like Paradisa, it'll have lots of nice pink parts, new animal moulds and new accessories!

Agreed – as long as it's Town-compatible. And I'm hoping for a pink unicorn, that would be a nice decoration for the church I'm thinking of building. :wink:

uhmmm no images :(

Er, this information came from someone who had only just came from the toy fair and had been speaking to someone from TLC....surprise is that TLC person had not been able to see said new products....only to say product aimed at girls and they were prototypes.....what they are - simple - guess ? :wink:

Anyway, that's I believe 2012 and this is topic is for 2011....lets not get to far off track eh ? :wink:

Brick On ! :grin:

Could it be...? A way to finally connect my love of Lego with my daughters???

I hope it's along the lines of Paradisa and not Belville.

I hope it's along the lines of Paradisa and not Belville.

Agree on that..."paradisa" series is full compatible with our lego citis I think...but belville :thumbdown::sick:

Oh, now one tiny thing I forgot to say and talk of Belville made me remember....it is NOT Belville, it should be System.

If I can find more out for my other sources I'll let you know.

Brick On ! :grin:

Agreed – as long as it's Town-compatible. And I'm hoping for a pink unicorn, that would be a nice decoration for the church I'm thinking of building. :wink:

What kind of church would that be...?!?!

I hope it's like paradisa but maybe less pink... When my sister gave up on LEGO she passed her paradisa stuff on to me! (and I still use some of it)