KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Hey you gotta love Liberal Democratic societies! Keeps us minorities happy! :wink:

Nah, stick to totalitarian dictatorship - that way we're all happy. Remember, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.* :tongue:

I'm pretty sure a detailed bottom would be alot more expensive than a few figures and a less detailed bottom....

And the $ factor is more important to me and probably some others..

I had thought that minifigures and an interior would have increased the price:

WHy didn't they do this to some obscure and useless ship? Why do this to that... beauty? All just to raise its price by 60-70 dollars with a bunch of ******* minifigs????????

*This is not a premise to begin a political debate. While I consider Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four to be one of the most important books ever written, this does not actually reflect my political views.

Edited by fallenangel309

I'm pretty sure a detailed bottom would be alot more expensive than a few figures and a less detailed bottom....

And the $ factor is more important to me and probably some others..

Akso you can actually MOD is later+you can some pretty cool figs :classic:

Thing is, at that size it's going to be an expensive set. Nothing is going to change that. And the people concerned primarily about cost are probably the people least likely to buy it anyway. So I'm not convinced that compromising something that high end product customers would buy to improve the appeal to the more general customers is an entirely wise idea.

And I don't really like the 'you can just MOD it' argument. If I were as good as TLG's designers, I'd probably be doing that for a living, or at the very least would have already made my own. I'm just not that good and it's doubtful I ever will be, so MODing it is unlikely to end up with a great result.

I had thought that minifigures and an interior would have increased the price:

*huh* so 100ish pieces can make a super detailed bottom?

I doubt it.

So I'm not convinced that compromising something that high end product customers would buy to improve the appeal to the more general customers is an entirely wise idea.

Precisely.

And I don't really like the 'you can just MOD it' argument. If I were as good as TLG's designers, I'd probably be doing that for a living, or at the very least would have already made my own. I'm just not that good and it's doubtful I ever will be, so MODing it is unlikely to end up with a great result.

I concur. Besides, making major modifications to a UCS set (such as rebuilding most of the underside) is laborious - at that point it's really more efficient to start from scratch.

Now that you mention it, AndyC, how many MOCs have you posted here? According to your member profile, you've made zero topics...

Both Maul and Padme look pretty awful for numerous reasons. The horn headpiece that is used on Maul and Oppress is a nice idea, but doesn't work all that well. Maul's torso print makes him look sort of like he has breasts, and his face (as has been mentioned) is horribly squeezed. And then Padme - after so many years of wanting a new Padme, LEGO releases the same basic figure and slaps a Hermione head on it; what a let down.

I agree with you completely.

I think Oppress looks way better than Maul. Mostly because of what you said, Maul's face is just too squeezed and Oppress's eyes don't look so beady (yes a CW face is actually a good thing now). Padme, yeah is disappointing. It's good that we have a fleshy padme though even if it is kinda crap. I think the best minifig out of those has to be Qui-Gon. They got the facial hair pretty spot on and have the bushy eye brows to go with it. I love that! :thumbup:

Now that you mention it, AndyC, how many MOCs have you posted here? According to your member profile, you've made zero topics...

I can only think of two, both in 'no skill required' raffle contests. One of which I won. So I guess I'm 50% awesome at 'no skill' building. :tongue:

*huh* so 100ish pieces can make a super detailed bottom?

I doubt it.

I guess not. I was going off of the assumption that minifigures and a structured, substantial interior would be far more expensive than a couple hundred greebling pieces. A minifigure costs more to produce than a 1x1 plate with clip, after all.

Edited by fallenangel309

You can mod, Lego is for creativity the sets are a good base, think though kids will want this set if it inteior, which the aim problem us a child is more likely to play with it and break it.

You can mod, Lego is for creativity the sets are a good base, think though kids will want this set if it inteior, which the aim problem us a child is more likely to play with it and break it.

Haven't we been saying all this time that UCS sets are aimed at AFOLs rather than kids?

Actually, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

I guess not. I was going off of the assumption that minifigures and a structured, substantial interior would be far more expensive than a couple hundred greebling pieces. A minifigure costs more to produce than a 1x1 plate with clip, after all.

:laugh: Bring on those 1x1 plates with clips!

And the $ factor is more important to me and probably some others....

Its a UCS! Since when was cost a factor Ceroknight? Its a big set aimed at keen collectors with the big bucks. Its meant to make kids drool and adults wish they could justify endangering mortgage repayments! Save up a few more bucks and take the unjustifiable plunge! :grin:

So if sets have been released in Germany I can expect reviews soon?

Yes. Someone who bought Ewok Attack promised to make a review today, so at least this set will be reviewed soon enough :wink:

So if sets have been released in Germany I can expect reviews soon?

I can maybe do some review with Geonosian Starfighter and Republic frigate if you will be cool about bad quality pictures and bad english :D

Didn't we got the reviews earlier last year? The first one we got was the Slave 1 around 15 april 2010.

I probably receive the Genosian Starfighter, the Sith Infiltrator and the Pod Race within 12 days (official online shop)...

Edited by deters

Both Maul and Padme look pretty awful for numerous reasons. The horn headpiece that is used on Maul and Oppress is a nice idea, but doesn't work all that well. Maul's torso print makes him look sort of like he has breasts, and his face (as has been mentioned) is horribly squeezed. And then Padme - after so many years of wanting a new Padme, LEGO releases the same basic figure and slaps a Hermione head on it; what a let down.

I agree. TLG seems to have gotten a little lazy on a lot of the 'figs.

I see what you mean. Don't get me wrong, I don't really like that they've added an interior either.

Yes. Someone who bought Ewok Attack promised to make a review today, so at least this set will be reviewed soon enough :wink:

Umm, but where to get them? I was several stores today: mytoys, Galeria-Kaufhof and Müller. Also checked for online shops like TRU, Amazon and S@H. Nothing yet. Is anything known about the usual public releases in shops after the official release dates have been spoken out? What does experience tell?

Sadly there is no official lego store around...

Umm, but where to get them? I was several stores today: mytoys, Galeria-Kaufhof and Müller. Also checked for online shops like TRU, Amazon and S@H. Nothing yet. Is anything known about the usual public releases in shops after the official release dates have been spoken out? What does experience tell?

Sadly there is no official lego store around...

The German Legoland is where the person who bought that set got it from.

Am I right on that, Emperor?

The German Legoland is where the person who bought that set got it from.

Am I right on that, Emperor?

Ah, thanks. However, i just called up S@H to ask for the missing poster from the '4th'. For one, they told me that the poster would be underway, being sent separately and secondly they generally advised to refrain from buying the summer wave sets from shadowy retailers online now. The sets would not be out yet so selling would likely be fraud vs. customers. The summer wave sets have even not been introduced to the S@H teams yet...

While S@H certainly wishes to maximise sales via their portal, i am about to shrink back from getting too ambitious... :sceptic:

The summer sets are available in the german "LEGOland" since the last weekend ... Reviews will come from certain members of "imperium der Steine" the next days ... :wink:

Its a UCS! Since when was cost a factor Ceroknight? Its a big set aimed at keen collectors with the big bucks. Its meant to make kids drool and adults wish they could justify endangering mortgage repayments! Save up a few more bucks and take the unjustifiable plunge! :grin:

I'll eventually own it, but cost is definitely important. It bothers me I'm paying more for a feature I will not be displaying. Children likely won't be enjoying this feature either, this ship is too big for kids to be running around the room with and too expensive for any parent to justify buying as a one room playset. As far as the minifigs go, they didn't even bother to put in the other bounty hunters (4-LOM and Zuckess) that were exclusive to that scene.

I'm buying it because it's the only Executor TLG will ever make at this scale. I'll be waiting for a sale though.

Children likely won't be enjoying this feature either, this ship is too big for kids to be running around the room with and too expensive for any parent to justify buying as a one room playset.

And this is yet another reason why UCS sets and playsets should not mix.

I'll eventually own it, but cost is definitely important. It bothers me I'm paying more for a feature I will not be displaying. Children likely won't be enjoying this feature either, this ship is too big for kids to be running around the room with and too expensive for any parent to justify buying as a one room playset. As far as the minifigs go, they didn't even bother to put in the other bounty hunters (4-LOM and Zuckess) that were exclusive to that scene.

That's a good point. Personally, I don't buy UCS sets, because they're too large or I can't find them in stores, so I don't exactly display my sets in glass cases or anything. The playability factor is probably not needed, though. Since the ship is meant to be primarily a display model, the interior is probably a bad thing seeing as the price and design will be altered. That's like making the Death Star II in playset form; it would ruin the half-completed look and just wouldn't work.

Somehow, I get the feeling that the interior will be fairly bland... :sceptic:

Edited by Delta 38

I though UCS sets...well most of them are display only. Has anyone considered the minifigs as a bonus to be displayed on their own. Maybe if Lego does this again in future, perhaps a mini-vig containing said figures but seperate from the actual UCS craft. But this mini-vig would also be a stand for the sign that comes with every UCS.

Just a though anyway. :classic:

May the brick be with you ! :grin: