KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

it seems like anakin and obi wan has been released, in some form or another, in every products release....

I remember someone mentioning a while ago why was Vos scrapped if he was going to appear in the T-6 shuttle in Hunt For Ziro. The reason: They are actually two different shuttles.

The first one is the one he did appear in with the second being the one being made into a set.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eta-class_shuttle

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-6_shuttle

I remember someone mentioning a while ago why was Vos scrapped if he was going to appear in the T-6 shuttle in Hunt For Ziro. The reason: They are actually two different shuttles.

The first one is the one he did appear in with the second being the one being made into a set.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eta-class_shuttle

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-6_shuttle

Nice find, commanderneyo, but oh my Megabloks, how many shuttles are they going to invent for CW? We've already got the T-6 and two tri-winged 'Greek' shuttles.

http://starwars.wiki...a-class_shuttle

http://starwars.wiki...iki/T-6_shuttle

I haven't seen the latest episode, but there is really no connection between characters and vehicles with the minifig-vehicle set-up in sets right? So are you implying that someone said that Vos will appear in that :sick: Eta-class shuttle in a future set?

Whoohoooo!!

Thanks for all the amazing pictures, Navy Trooper Fenson and prateek :thumbup::sweet:

I'm still loving the ones I loved before as well, the Clone BP, Mandolorian BP and the Imperial V-Wing.

Too bad the Bomb Squad Troopers (that's probably not their official name) aren't a little less brighter orange, so they could fit with Commander Cody, but they're still really cool.

The ARF-trooper is amazing as well.

I will buy definitely two of the Clone BP.

I don't really mind that all the Mando's have the same torso's or helmets. They're just awesome :grin: But I will only buy one of these.

I want them mainly so I can get myself a decent Jango Fett (by MOC-ing the fig, of course).

I like the fact that the V-Wing pilot is just a black version of the ARC-pilot. Looks really cool to me :devil:

I was also thinking about getting the T6 Jedi Shuttle. But that was only for the amazing, cool new figs. But now that there are only two of them it just doesn't outweigh the ugliness of the vehicle, and the fact that I don't have the room for it anymore. Such a shame, though :sad:

Regards,

CF W

Clearer final pics from www.superspielwaren.de .

*snip*

Nice clear, final pictures. Can you post a link for them?

Lord Embo

I haven't seen the latest episode, but there is really no connection between characters and vehicles with the minifig-vehicle set-up in sets right? So are you implying that someone said that Vos will appear in that :sick: Eta-class shuttle in a future set?

No i'm implying that Someone said Vos should have been in the T-6 shuttle if it was being made but it is a different shuttle he appeared in.

Also if any of you haven't seen the episode yet skip right to the end. for 16 of the 21 minutes the episode lasts it's a love story for Ziro The Hutt :hmpf:

I just noticed that on the box pic of the clone BP there are 2 long guns and 2 shorter guns; on the out-of-the-box pics there are 2 long guns, 1 shorter and 2 small guns. Where did you get those pics, prateek? I wonder which one is wrong...

hmm this is newer pics than the BOX pics? I love the blaster pistols. :D

But it looks like the droid socket itself is only two studs wide rather than four, so the ship doesn't actually acommodate the whole droid. (Consistent with the last rendition.) It looks like Lord Embo's wish was granted.

A chrome silver astromech droid was seen in the corridors of the Death Star. Now what is LEGO trying to imply here...?

That is just what I wanted! Even though the ship can't fit the astromech, I still want the body as well. An astromech head seems more or less useless without the body.

On the subject of the silver astromech, it was seen for about 2 seconds on the Tantine 4, though I'm sure you already know it's called R2-Q2.

Not related to the quote, I have made predictions on set prices for next year in $ US and £ GBP:

T6 Shuttle: £60 GBP and $80 US

Bounty Hunter Gunship: £40 GBP and $50 US

Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter: £35 GBP and $40 US

Battle for Geonosis: £30 GBP and $30 US

Battle of Naboo: £30 GBP and $30 US

Imperial V-Wing Starfighter: £25 GBP and $25 US

Clone Trooper BP: £10 GBP and $11 US

Mandalorian BP: £10 GBP and $11 US

The total prices are: £240 GBP and $277 US. I don't know if this is the right place to post it, but I can't think of anywhere else to do so.

Lord Embo

Edited by Lord Embo

Oh my, the new sets look amazing.

The V-wing looks fantastic. That cockpit canopy :wub: and it looks like they improved the wing rotation from the last one.

Totally feeling the droid carrier and shuttle. Yay Shaak Ti

Rarely post in this forum, but I love all these new sets. I probably won't buy many-- I rarely have the budget for Star Wars sets, but there are a lot I like.

Not familiar with all these characters and ships because I haven't watched or otherwise kept up with the Clone Wars TV series. Some of the characters I recognize from brief appearances in the films, though-- for instance, Aurra Sing (about time we had a minifig of her).

Out of the non-CW stuff, my favorite set is definitely the Battle for Naboo. The new gungans are epic, the droids are looking as good as ever, and I have a soft spot for Episode 1 (since it happened during my childhood and shortly after the beginning of the LEGO Star Wars theme, needless to say I spent about as many hours in my basement trying to build ships from Episode 1 as I spent trying to build stuff from the original trilogy-- the Star Wars Incredible Cross-Section books were, needless to say, a godsend).

I'd love some more Episode 1 sets in the future. We've already gotten that gorgeous release of the Naboo N-1 Starfighter and Vulture Droid (with that adorable little Anakin Skywalker), and now we've got some new Gungans. I'm largely holding out for rereleases of the Bongo sub and podracer sets, and maybe even some new podracers. Needless to say, Star Wars Episode I Racer on the N64 was also during my childhood, so you can never have too many podracers (I keep thinking that it would be totally worthwhile to get an Ultimate Collectors Series version of Anakin's podracer-- its curves are hard to duplicate, but I'm sure that by now LEGO has the parts they need to do so).

The Clone Trooper pack is ok. The bomb squad troopers are just kind of odd/random. Although they're armed, they're not really what I think of for building an army. However, the Commando Clone (or whatever his name is) :wub: and the ARF Trooper :wub: :wub:

I may get some of these, or else just buy some ARFs from Bricklink.

These all look good, and reasonably priced too. Aimed right at minifig collectors.

I am loving the new printing technology that enables a very complex shape like the gungan heads to be printed in multiple colours. I hope it can be used for flat panels too; there has been no excuse for some of the stickers in recent years.

He is like this little guy:

2002555-4-n.jpg

(only in black obviously)

HUA, I was right! Come into my arms, little V-Wing!! :classic:

This may have been answered already, but do we know which stores the limited edition Battle For Geonosis will be available in? Specifically in the US? The price leads me to believe it will be limited to Wal Mart because they like to have less expensive special editions compared to TRU.

This may have been answered already, but do we know which stores the limited edition Battle For Geonosis will be available in? Specifically in the US? The price leads me to believe it will be limited to Wal Mart because they like to have less expensive special editions compared to TRU.

It's not known yet, though there are speculation that it will be a Walmart exclusive because it's a special edition; TRUs normally have limited editions. Target is possible too, because Target also sometimes have special editions.

These all look good, and reasonably priced too. Aimed right at minifig collectors.

I am loving the new printing technology that enables a very complex shape like the gungan heads to be printed in multiple colours. I hope it can be used for flat panels too; there has been no excuse for some of the stickers in recent years.

That new technology is outsourcing to China. :laugh:

In general, Special Edition is Walmart or Target and Limited Edition is TRU.

Edited by Brickdoctor