Hobbes

First official pics of 4896

Great Find Hobbes !!

I am not a fan of this scale, but I must admit it looks way better than any other models such as the hot rod or both Ferraris.

The level of details is really fantastic for a 50

Very cool! Making it black was a nice choice, it looks classy (and it's nice to see a car of this style not in Ferrari red, which while nice, is getting old). I love the dual exhaust and the chrome rollbars behind the headrest. Nice detail with the instrument panel too, and the rear fenders look nice and beefy.

Although, hmmm....I can't quite figure out what kind of car it is supposed to be. Anyone have any knowledge about that?

Very cool! Making it black was a nice choice, it looks classy (and it's nice to see a car of this style not in Ferrari red, which while nice, is getting old). I love the dual exhaust and the chrome rollbars behind the headrest. Nice detail with the instrument panel too, and the rear fenders look nice and beefy.

Although, hmmm....I can't quite figure out what kind of car it is supposed to be. Anyone have any knowledge about that?

I don't think nits supposed to me any paticular car, but i guess to me, it resembles a Honda S2000 the best with its long nose, and sleek back end. Anyone know if this has a working engine? That was my let down about 4404.

Car looks great. Looks like its going to have the same seats as in 4404 too. Can't wait!

Very cool! Making it black was a nice choice, it looks classy (and it's nice to see a car of this style not in Ferrari red, which while nice, is getting old).

Definitely :)

Anyway, I am REALLY looking forward to this. I missed out getting 4404-1: Land Busters by a few months, and have been kicking myself over it for a while, but this set looks even better!! Won't be missing out on this one :)

Truly, a work of Lego art. The previous pics did not do it justice. Goes to show you can't judge a new set by the first bit of information you see.

That one is going on the "buy as soon as it appears on S@H, do not wait for cheaper price, try to get one or two extra" list.

Truly, a work of Lego art. The previous pics did not do it justice. Goes to show you can't judge a new set by the first bit of information you see.

That one is going on the "buy as soon as it appears on S@H, do not wait for cheaper price, try to get one or two extra" list.

Heh, I was thinking the same thing. The extra sets (dragster, SUV) look good enough to stand on their own, so I was thinking of at least two copies, maybe three if I find it on sale somewhere :P

The only question will be if those chrome parts are really chrome (which is not being produced anymore) or that "dull silver"-ish color which comes off pretty easily. Other than that a definite buy.

Hah! I'll buy one just because it's so beautiful, one for the parts, and one to keep in storage just so I know in my heart that I have one MISB in case of future emergency.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

<runs raving into the night>

You know, i've been staring at these picks and the ones on brickshelf for the past hour and my head has been working. This looks to be a great set, but i've already figured out how i'm going to be moddifing it. Same with the new techinc tow truck.

This car would look great with a full role cage, a redesigned dash (i prefer the gauges in front of the driver than in the center concole) and a piston engine. I can't wait to figure out a way to add suspention as well!

Does anyone else do this? With any theme? Maybe i just have to much time on my hands. *wub*

Here there is still Land Busters in some shops, but I'll wait for this because it seems to have better details, like steering wheels! And it comes in new colours (I have very few dark gray pieces, so I prefer to collect new dark bley).

Does anyone else do this? With any theme? Maybe i just have to much time on my hands. *wub*

Sounds normal to me! After all, that's what makes it Lego! *sweet*

i have just three words for this model "WELL DONE LEGO"

i rest my case! *sweet*

:-) phoinix

This set looks great! Much better than the ferraris IMHO which were in the same scale. I love the detailing on the back and inside, and the colour looks great!

Jon.

This set looks great! Much better than the ferraris IMHO which were in the same scale. I love the detailing on the back and inside, and the colour looks great!

Jon.

This is actually a slightly larger scale. The 1:17 Ferrari's are 14 studs across, and this is 16 studs across with the huge 1:10 racer wheels.

I'm a little concerned that the wheels might be too big for this car.

I look forward to this for the parts sake alone... X-D

God Bless,

Nathan

I'm looking forward to this set. I might not buy it, but I'm definitely considering it. I'm quite shocked by the piece count, which was reported on FBTB's Toy Fair Coverage: 931 pieces!

WOW, that looks really nice. I am glad to see it isn't as angular as I was expecting.

Also the black looks really refreshing (I was getting really tired of red :-| )

Looks like a really nice parts pack, though I'd never make the intended model if i bought this (as i'm not particularly into cars). Could be used for some Batmobile mods...