KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

Dunno. But the BP officer has light bley, too. Good thing I have an AT-ST driver from '07.

Yeah, I bought three of those sets when they first came out...

The other weird thing about the new veers fig is that LEGO gave him a light grey helmet instead of a dark grey. Why? In the movie he has a dark grey helmet.

The light bley helmet is a little strange. My assumption is that they want it to be the same color as his armor, which is printed light bley on top of the dark bley uniform. They're correct that the helmet and armor should match (as the pic lightningtiger posted illustrates), but light bley is an odd choice.

180px-General_veers.jpg

The light bley helmet is a little strange. My assumption is that they want it to be the same color as his armor, which is printed light bley on top of the dark bley uniform. They're correct that the helmet and armor should match (as the pic lightningtiger posted illustrates), but light bley is an odd choice.

[snip]

But as you can see in the movie screenshot, the armor is the same color as the uniform. I guess LEGO wanted the armor to contrast the uniform, and decided to use the only other shade of grey they have.

But as you can see in the movie screenshot, the armor is the same color as the uniform. I guess LEGO wanted the armor to contrast the uniform, and decided to use the only other shade of grey they have.

Yeah, that sounds right. But it still doesent look right...

Yeah, that sounds right. But it still doesent look right...

Since when did LEGO start dwoing everything with movie-accuracy? :hmpf_bad:

At least the AT-AT has some interior but well, the cockpit, only fit one driver. :cry_sad: Since I never have a chance to own any of them yet. Guess I have to get this one.

8128-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

8128-0000-xx-33-3.jpg

The headlight of this speeder seems to be some sort of missile in disguise. :wacko:

Edited by baby

What is up with TLC and flickfire missles? Here's a front headlight so why don't we make it into a missle! :tongue:

A greater question is, what is with TLC and making SW sets have the most Flick-fire missles of all the themes? Surely those headlights arent much of a threat. :grin:

A greater question is, what is with TLC and making SW sets have the most Flick-fire missles of all the themes? Surely those headlights arent much of a threat. :grin:

That headlight looks pretty dangerous. :wink:

I think since most kids buy the SW sets and playability is their main factor, the flick-fire missiles are a must (for kids). Afterall, the sets are meant to be played (by kids). For us AFOLs who do not play but rather collect and display our beloved SW sets, flick-fires are insignificant details that a simple modding couldn't fix.

What is up with TLC and flickfire missles? Here's a front headlight so why don't we make it into a missle! :tongue:

default_laugh_new.gif Exactly what I thought when TLG started adding flick-fire missiles to every SW set a few years ago. But then if they didn't we'd be complaining about how there's not enough playability.

I personally don't like the Cad speeder design much. It's chunky, and nothing like I hoped it would be. Ever since that speeder chase set from Ep. II came out, I've been wanting a sleek, nice-looking casual speeder. But this is anything but sleek. Oh well, my fingers are crossed for a Bail Organa speeder.

I love Cad Bane's speeder, personally. I especially like that you could probably fit a body in the trunk. :devil: For 'Alive' bounties... :laugh:

I think Cad Bane's speeder is still pretty decent, not the flashiest of speeders but still worthy enough to be purchased. One good thing about it is that you could put 4+ bounty hunters in it, plus additional space at the back, unlike most speeders (Luke's, Anakin's Ep.II, Naboo) which could only sit 2 figs.

ComicCon takes place on 22nd-25th July. So if there was another exclusive SW set, it highly likely would be revealed there.

Since if there was another Exclusive it surely would be released at the latest in mid-October, I really wonder why we didn't get any information or set name yet. Or will there be no more Exclusive for this year?

Klaus-Dieter

Headlight missiles, I do expect it for someone called Cad Bane ! :grin:

I too really like Bane's speeder, plus rock on Comic-Con and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Hi all,

I don't usually or often post in the Star Wars forum but thought I would share a little something I found this morning.

I was browsing the TRU website in Canada and stumbled upon the 2010 sets, they have Plo Koon's fighter, Slave 1, Grievous's fighter and emperor Palpatine's shuttle. The thing is ... they are all listed as out of stock ... SOON!!!!

I was lucky enough that my brother in law went to germany a couple of weeks ago and brought me back a PLo Koon's starfighter.

Pirate

Edited by Piratedave84

ComicCon takes place on 22nd-25th July. So if there was another exclusive SW set, it highly likely would be revealed there.

Since if there was another Exclusive it surely would be released at the latest in mid-October, I really wonder why we didn't get any information or set name yet. Or will there be no more Exclusive for this year?

If there is a new set it will most likely will be shown at comic con. But i don't think there's going to be any more exclusives for the year but well find out later on in the year if there's any more. They might have the Imperial shuttle on display like the Tantive was last year.

LegoGalactus

I can see the description now, flashing before my very eyes!

Get away from the nasty law-abiding Senate guards with Cad Bane's personal speeder! It's been customized for extra speed! Add the included stickers to blend into Coruscanti traffic; no one will ever notice a speeder painted in full CIS colors! If you run into danger, blast those pesky Republic forces to smithereens with your flick-fire headlights! Blow their heads off with the shattering transparisteel, poison the surrounding civilians with the gases inside the light bulbs, then finish them off with a lethal dose of electricity! All contained in one awesome flick-fire missile!

:laugh:

No, seriously. It's just another showing of TLG's obsession, albeit understandable, however ridiculous it really is, with flick-fireflop-function missiles.

I will get that speeder for sure!

Great figs,4 seats and a "secret" storage for the bounties!

Minxter

No, seriously. It's just another showing of TLG's obsession, albeit understandable, however ridiculous it really is, with flick-fireflop-function missiles.

I don't mind the flick-fire missiles too much, as long as they are well-integrated and don't interfere with the aesthetics of the model too much. Disguising them as headlights here is a good example. However, if the missiles keep falling out every time you pick up the ship, that's another story entirely... :sad:

I don't mind the flick-fire missiles too much, as long as they are well-integrated and don't interfere with the aesthetics of the model too much. Disguising them as headlights here is a good example. However, if the missiles keep falling out every time you pick up the ship, that's another story entirely... :sad:

Oh, yes. I had the Vulture droid and Naboo Starfighter set with the old flick-fires. That's a good point, though. I didn't half mind the missiles on the LAAT/i, since they're supposed to be there, anyways; and the Attack Shuttle's rapid-fire mechanism actually had a chance of hitting something. I'll stop before the mods get mad at me for starting a flick-fire missile debate. :wink:

Maybe LEGO is just doing really well at keeping any other new releases a secret?

Maybe LEGO is just doing really well at keeping any other new releases a secret?

That would be a first. :laugh:

We know that they'll do something for SDCC, which is about the only releases they've ever kept secret; but I hope that they're hiding something really awesome and worth getting. (of course, who doesn't?)

Maybe it's time for the Palpy's Arrest set to be shown? :sweet:

And about the Speeder cargo hatch: I told you so! :tongue:

Maybe it's time for the Palpy's Arrest set to be shown? :sweet:

They just need to make that set to shut everybody up! :hmpf::laugh:

Seriously though, that idea has been tossed around since RoTS came out. It would make a nice set and I would really like to see Lego do it at some point...