KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

I just had a thought, could Cad Bane's Speeder come out at Comic-Con later this year?

When is Comic-Con? Is BrickWorld earlier?

Could be possible to see some new secret at any of those as last year with the Dropship/AT-OT.

I just had a thought, could Cad Bane's Speeder come out at Comic-Con later this year ?

I'm a conformist! ! :vader:

SDCC is like the 22nd of July. :classic:

That'd be cool to see it at either one, but I'd prefer it to be revealed at SDCC 2010 - seeing that set and final minifigures in person for the first time would be awesome. :thumbup:

Edited by CaptainRex110

Well, this is a sad ending to an otherwise great day. The fact that I just built a huge set is keeping me from crying.

Shame that none of the exclusives were shown, but the big three are officially confirmed, the AT-AT, 10212, and Cad Bane's Speeder. The leaves the others to be questionable, as only the Midi-Scaled Star Destroyer is a non-confirmed rumor with a set number.

SDCC could be a place to reveal a set, but I couldn't see it with Cad Bane's Speeder as it seems to be an August exclusive. Maybe 10212 could be released there?

Shame that none of the exclusives were shown, but the big three are officially confirmed, the AT-AT, 10212, and Cad Bane's Speeder.

Was 10212 announced or were the minifigs shown in that book? I cant remember hearing anything about it. :sceptic:

Was 10212 announced or were the minifigs shown in that book? I cant remember hearing anything about it. :sceptic:

We saw it listed on a minifigs poster about a month ago. Had a picture of Ep6 Luke, Vader, Shuttle Pilot, and (Stormtrooper?) Something like that... likely to be an Imperial Shuttle, based on the figs. That is, if they ever remember to announce it...

We saw it listed on a minifigs poster about a month ago. Had a picture of Ep6 Luke, Vader, Shuttle Pilot, and (Stormtrooper?) Something like that... likely to be an Imperial Shuttle, based on the figs. That is, if they ever remember to announce it...

Yeah but what I was meaning was did we hear anything about it at the toy fair?

Yeah but what I was meaning was did we hear anything about it at the toy fair?

As far as I know, not a word about it. :cry_sad:

CommanderFox

It's really cruel of TLG that they didn't reveal neither 10212 nor the AT-AT at NY Toy Fair! :angry:

Everyone was looking that much forward to NY Toy Fair to see 10212 - but TLG didn't present it there. :thumbdown:

Last year the exclusive AT-OT (=> 10212) was released at NY Toy Fair and the Venator (=> AT-AT). But this year absolutely nothing apart from the already seen pictures of the summer sets now in reality. :cry_sad:

What's the matter with Lego?! :wacko:

Klaus-Dieter

Last year the exclusive AT-OT (=> 10212) was released at NY Toy Fair and the Venator (=> AT-AT). But this year absolutely nothing apart from the already seen pictures of the summer sets now in reality. :cry_sad:

Perhaps it's to be a pre-Christmas release like the Tantive IV last year.

That's a good point, Rufus. I didn't take that in consideration yet. Of course this might be the case.

But judging from the last years the sets with the lower numbers were released first.

And since we got two 10xxx sets the last three years I simply assumed that we will see two this year, too.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

What if the 10212, AT-AT and Cad Banes Speeder will be revealed at SDCC and as a winter set something else rumored. CC maybe??

What if the 10212, AT-AT and Cad Banes Speeder will be revealed at SDCC and as a winter set something else rumored. CC maybe??

That's a good point, Ras 74.

I could even imagine that they'll be revealed at Brickworld - at least the AT-AT.

But I only see a Cloud City if 10212 will be an UCS set (which I really do not hope since after many years of waiting I finally want a decent Imp. Shuttle which is no UCS set). Two exclusive 150+ Euros from the OT plus the AT-AT (which's price will be near that, too) is imo totally unrealistic.

Plus I think TLG needs still to keep some big OT Exclusives for the next years - otherwise there won't be that many ideas they could release for huge sets (only Jabba's Palace, Mos Eisley (Cantina), Yavin and a new ISD).

And KimT already said that he heard that 2011 will be even much better than this year. And which exclusive OT wasn't released/redesigned in the last years but we adult LSW fans want that much?! - Cloud City.

But of course you can never know.

Klaus-Dieter

Shame that none of the exclusives were shown, but the big three are officially confirmed, the AT-AT, 10212, and Cad Bane's Speeder. The leaves the others to be questionable, as only the Midi-Scaled Star Destroyer is a non-confirmed rumor with a set number.

released there?

Hurm, regarding the midi-scaled Star Destroyer, I believe it could rather confirmed as a set. I saw it listed in my local dealer catalog along with the 2nd wave releases. And if it's listed in a dealer catalog, could pretty well be considered confirmed. Regarding the price, I'm not so sure but I think its about 80 singapore bucks (about 50+ USD?) , more expensive than the falcon. But then again, inflation of prices for lego sets here is pretty high, at least 2 times.

I could help you confirm the price of the set in Sing Dollars if you are really interested in the set :tongue:

It's really cruel of TLG that they didn't reveal neither 10212 nor the AT-AT at NY Toy Fair! :angry:

Everyone was looking that much forward to NY Toy Fair to see 10212 - but TLG didn't present it there. :thumbdown:

Klaus-Dieter

I think lego didn't show the AT-AT for this reason

hasbro had the whole starwars line based around the giant AT-AT

I think they worked with hasbro to not upstage

Edited by pugsx3

Except the ships you mentioned Klaus-Dieter there is a slight chance of a MF as well for next year.

I am very excited what we will get for next year based on what Kim said.

What does TLC have up their sleeve for next year?

But then the difference between Lego and for example Kubrick gets thinner and thinner. The problem with it is that the detail with the minifigs contrasts to mush with the sets.

In a way it´s weird that you say that LEGO is getting too detailed on the Minifigs... if I look for example at the ones you have made they are also detailed.

OK it´s custom but if you want to give it a LEGO-ish look... maybe then it´s also too detailed... or do I see this wrong.

I'm really getting scared that one day they will change Vaders helmet.

It´s possible.

I'd agree with some of the sentiment regarding the minifigs. They're become a bit too 'busy', Boba and Grievous are the main offenders here, rest are fine. Boba just looks like it has way too many things going on, the new helmet just doesn't sit right with me, maybe it's just the angle but it. I think Lego minifigs were about the right amount of detail before, Chewbacca's a large and complex furry character but the minifig is just a large brown torso cover and it's just right.

Grievous is less a simple minfig and more an actual figure, not sure if the grey and white parts are actually separate pieces of plastic, or there are rubber elements, or if there are additional points of articulation (no knees for minifigs please). Boba went from a simple design and now he has a separate antennae, jetpack, cape, 2 guns and the helmet's paint job is even more detailed than the Hasbro line. I preferred a minimalist look. Will have to wait for better pics.

Klaus-Dieter

Keep in mind that the Toy Fair is mainly a tradeshow for major toy retailers, and a press event secondly. Furthermore, the official position of TLC is that this is probably the first time that the sets have been revealed. Bringing Lego-shop exclusives to a trade event, while done in the past, doesn't make a huge amount of sense.

I'm really excited about getting another AT-AT. The first one was really amazing while the second was a bit of a let down. The fact that it was motorized took away from it quite a bit. I prefer an interior because I never "play" with my lego. It just sits on a shelf.

A Wikia entry says that the figures included are C-3PO, Hoth Rebel, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Snowtrooper (2), AT-AT Driver and General Veers. I'm not sure how reliable this site is though.

Link - Wikia Entry

I personally really hate how detailed the new figures are. I wonder if they will look out of place from the rest of my collection especially since most of my sets are the classic star wars models. The Boba Fett has a bit of a Mega Blocks feeling.

I would really love it if the Lego company brought a Genosis Arena. That is one of my favorite star wars scenes and I think it would even look better in Lego form.

Edited by Rock

I think that Lego thought:"The current sets are selling good, so why not save some for next year and get more profit."

So they pulled a 180 and stoped from reveiling them at the toyfair

Edited by Prime Brick

Hurm, regarding the midi-scaled Star Destroyer, I believe it could rather confirmed as a set. I saw it listed in my local dealer catalog along with the 2nd wave releases. And if it's listed in a dealer catalog, could pretty well be considered confirmed. Regarding the price, I'm not so sure but I think its about 80 singapore bucks (about 50+ USD?) , more expensive than the falcon. But then again, inflation of prices for lego sets here is pretty high, at least 2 times.

I could help you confirm the price of the set in Sing Dollars if you are really interested in the set :tongue:

No picture eh? Glad you could confirm it, curse you TLG! :tongue: Thanks!

I'm really excited about getting another AT-AT. The first one was really amazing while the second was a bit of a let down. The fact that it was motorized took away from it quite a bit. I prefer an interior because I never "play" with my lego. It just sits on a shelf.

A Wikia entry says that the figures included are C-3PO, Hoth Rebel, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Snowtrooper (2), AT-AT Driver and General Veers. I'm not sure how reliable this site is though.

Link - Wikia Entry

I personally really hate how detailed the new figures are. I wonder if they will look out of place from the rest of my collection especially since most of my sets are the classic star wars models. The Boba Fett has a bit of a Mega Blocks feeling.

I would really love it if the Lego company brought a Genosis Arena. That is one of my favorite star wars scenes and I think it would even look better in Lego form.

Has anyone seen this poster before?

*snip*

Maybe Wikia is right.... and is that a white Boba Fett/Mandalorian? I beleive there was a topic about it a little while back.

About three posts above you. We've all seen it, thanks.

I'm really going to have to disagree with you there, Boba might be a little bit detailed compared to other minifigs, but Greivous is the only who looks like Megabloks. The only thing resembling Lego on him are parts of his arms and that he has stud connections on his feet.

Wikia entry is right.

why is bossk in sand green color, he would look more accurate in tan or dark tan.. i know most trandoshans are in that color but not bossk..

I'm pretty sure they made one of those as a give away for a contest a while back, but I'm not entirely sure.