Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

It makes sense to have Chewbacca make an appearance in The Clone Wars since it's implied by Yoda in Revenge of the Sith that they have some sort of history. Aside from the little teaser trailer, we have no other data on what type of contact they've had.

In general, I'm enjoying how characters from the Star Wars films have made it into The Clone Wars. It kind of ties things together for the viewers.

Edited by j30spiff

Just saw it. I'm very surprisedl it was a fantastic episode in my opinion!

The story was solid, with no gaping holes, which is good. The carbonite and Tarkin weren't totally ruined, which is good. :tongue: Tarkin really seems like he did in ANH, and it was funny to see him and Anakin talking. The commando droids were good, as were the 'traps' in the Citadel itself. The warden was a fairly well developed character. Scaling the main wall was nice as well. I can't wait until the next episode. In two weeks. :sadnew:

Just saw it. I'm very surprisedl it was a fantastic episode in my opinion!

The story was solid, with no gaping holes, which is good. The carbonite and Tarkin weren't totally ruined, which is good. :tongue: Tarkin really seems like he did in ANH, and it was funny to see him and Anakin talking. The commando droids were good, as were the 'traps' in the Citadel itself. The warden was a fairly well developed character. Scaling the main wall was nice as well. I can't wait until the next episode. In two weeks. :sadnew:

I loved this episode! It was fantastic, this story ARC looks REALLY good. The warden was a great character, as well as the introduction of these super commando droids. Also nice to see some security droids show up. The only thing I would have hoped for is that they not waste the minutes worth of the episode on the landing. It seemed like that could have been used for a bit more action in the prison break. I also think that the planet should have seemed like it was under absolutely air-tight security. I pictured the space around the planet to be swarming with separitist cruisers, vulter droids, command ships, tri-droids, and hyena bombers. To sorta portray that element of terror.

I also think that the planet should have seemed like it was under absolutely air-tight security. I pictured the space around the planet to be swarming with separitist cruisers, vulter droids, command ships, tri-droids, and hyena bombers. To sorta portray that element of terror.

It's just one prison. Most of the Seps are out fighting the Republic. :tongue:

It was an entertaining episode. I wonder where this arc may lead to, and when Lego will come up with Clone Wars Arc Troopers.

Edited by Brickadeer

It's just one prison. Most of the Seps are out fighting the Republic. :tongue:

I don't know... It's Grievous, and the seps, I think they would put loads of resources into a prison actually holding jedi. It's like their #1 priority.

Edited by brickartist

This was a great episode, I'm actually expecting the quality of all future episodes to go upwards now.

They portrayed tarkin very well, he acted much like he did in Episode IV.

I thought it was actually kind of funny to see Anakin and Tarkin together on a moment taking place 21 years before Ep IV,

which makes me wonder: did Tarkin actually know that Darth Vader was once Anakin Skywalker? I suppose so, though.

I'm looking forward to the next episode. Hopefully it's just as good, or perhaps even better.

~ General Magma

The Citadel, what an enjoyable episode, Tarkin and Piell behaved as you'd expect of them and there was no illogical stuff in this episode. The episode somewhat reminded me of RoTJ and I think the 'approaching the blockade' sequence was a nod to the movie. Episode ended a bit abruptly but that just makes me more anxious to see the next one. Would have been a great opportunity for them to use a Commando squad like Delta Squad instead of the regular clones and the two "promoted" (still a bit weird) ARC troopers but that is just me nit-picking and in no way ruins this episode. All-in-all I (and I think the majority of watchers) would like more of these episodes please.

and now we wait for a Lego Even Piell, next wave anyone?

I loved all the carbon freezing refernces at the start of the episode and how much they're including Plo Koon throughout the series'.

Wondering if this is the begining of the Vader and Tarkins somewhat hostile relationship in the OT.

I have a few problems with this episode, but overall it was pretty good. I liked seeing more friction between Anakin and Ahsoka, and the fact she's clearly more comfortable around Plo'Koon. They definitely seem to be building something of a wedge between the two, which should pay off later. I also really liked the carbonite trailer. From the trailer, it looked like it was being included as another obvious reference to the movies, but worked really well in the script, seemed natural and was a pretty clever plot. Ditto for Tarkin, I have to wonder why he wasn't included in Episode II or III as a semi-villain for the jedi to occasionally bump into. So this is one cameo/movie appearance I really like. ..Still not sure how I feel about Chewbacca (and definitely don't want to see Maul come back to life!)

I didn't like the new villain they introduced in this episode at all. I think it's good that they're making new characters like this, instead of always relying on Grievous and so forth, but this guy came off as very over the top and just felt like a plain cartoon villain to me.

Wondering if this is the begining of the Vader and Tarkins somewhat hostile relationship in the OT.

I never had the impression they had a hostile relationship. Since I watched EP4 for the very first time I was always having the impression that Tarkin was a superior of Vader, which doesn't really fit to the view I have about Sith Lords today (like Sidious' excuse for disturbing Cad Bane).

and now we wait for a LEGO Even Piell, next wave anyone?

I really really hope they do make Even Piell as a LEGO figure!

I loved how Even was portrayed in the episode as well as the clones. It was an all round strong episode and no complaints. It was nice to just sit back and watch it without thinking and nice to see some great new characters. I cant wait for next week and I think this will be a fantastic arc. :thumbup:

Thanks for reading,

Batman1±

Ditto for Tarkin, I have to wonder why he wasn't included in Episode II or III as a semi-villain for the jedi to occasionally bump into. So this is one cameo/movie appearance I really like.

He did appear right at the end of episode 3 - as they were working on the death star.

I enjoyed the episode mostly. I was wondering why there's such a huge complex for 4 prisoners though... and I was seriously expecting them to rescue others before escaping. But hey, if that's all the droid army can capture, then that's all you can rescue...

Gotta love Obi Wan's sarcastic wit though: "I see Anakin's teaching method is Do-As-I-Say-Not-As-I-Do" haha. Cop that.

Okay, I haven't seen the episode, but I read this...

What the megabloks? They froze Obi-wan Kenobi in carbonite?

Not only Kenobi, but Anakin, Ahsoka, and a bunch of clones as well. What really puzzles me is why they didn't have temporary blindness after they were defrozen like Han experienced in RoTJ. :wacko:

Not only Kenobi, but Anakin, Ahsoka, and a bunch of clones as well. What really puzzles me is why they didn't have temporary blindness after they were defrozen like Han experienced in RoTJ. :wacko:

So could someone tell me how and why they were frozen? And does this mean Anakin is back to his old whiny self again (since carbon freezing induces changes of character as seen in Han's behavior in Jedi) and Ahsoka's finally about to turn to the dark side?

Temporary blindness... more retcons...

I'm guessing it has something to do with time. Han was frozen for a few months or so, so he was blind. In the EU, there are people who have been frozen for years who have worse troubles, such as memory loss.

Here's what I'm scratching my head on, though: How does carbonite work through armor? Surely it couldn't have just gone through whatever opening in the neck seal on the clones.

The Citadel was a really good episode. My son and I really enjoyed seeing Fives and Echo as ARC Troopers. I like that you're seeing some of the clones develop during The Clone Wars. It shows that there's more to The Clone Wars than the major characters.

So could someone tell me how and why they were frozen?

Or why don't you just go watch the episode online instead of just asking and then complaining about it?

Seriously, fine, I get it that you don't like 'retcons,' but howabout you actually watch what you're talking about and then complain about it? That's what I do. It will only take you about three to five minutes to watch the entire carbonite segment of the episode.

Here's my main gripe: Tarkin. I didn't mind that they included him, they just seemed to exaggerate him way too much. Kind of like how they took the opening scene of RotS and worked from that for their entire idea of Obi-Wan, Anakin, battle droids, etc. Just because Tarkin is a severe sort of guy in ANH doesn't mean that he would act out of line back when he was a captain. The Jedi rank far above him; it just doesn't work that he would argue with them endlessly. I felt like they just exaggerated his characteristics shown in ANH without actually thinking through how he would actually behave in that position.

Here's my main gripe: Tarkin. I didn't mind that they included him, they just seemed to exaggerate him way too much. Kind of like how they took the opening scene of RotS and worked from that for their entire idea of Obi-Wan, Anakin, battle droids, etc. Just because Tarkin is a severe sort of guy in ANH doesn't mean that he would act out of line back when he was a captain. The Jedi rank far above him; it just doesn't work that he would argue with them endlessly. I felt like they just exaggerated his characteristics shown in ANH without actually thinking through how he would actually behave in that position.

I considered saying something similar about this, (as I would've had him be cooperative if I were writing it) but then I thought "hey, maybe he was like that?" Exaggerate was the word I had in mind originally, too.

To counter "just because ... doesn't mean he would ..." - while it's a good point, it doesn't mean he can't either? Besides, if everyone behaved rationally and everything was logical, stories and the universe around us would be extremely boring & predictable!

He did appear right at the end of episode 3 - as they were working on the death star.

Yeah, but it felt very much like an after thought that was probably thrown in at the last second. He easily could have been a major character through-out those two movies and probably would have been more interesting than Grievous and Dooku combined.

Or why don't you just go watch the episode online instead of just asking and then complaining about it?

Seriously, fine, I get it that you don't like 'retcons,' but howabout you actually watch what you're talking about and then complain about it? That's what I do. It will only take you about three to five minutes to watch the entire carbonite segment of the episode.

I don't want to bring it all up again, as I'm completely uninterested in arguing it further.. But yeah, I don't mind people complaining about the show (I certainly have problems with certain things myself), but I don't consider "waah, that's not how it was in the EU" a valid complaint and it's really tiring to hear, especially from people who don't watch the show, or only do so to pick it apart.

Edited by Penitent Tangent

*Minor nitpicks ahead*

When someone is leaving on a secret mission, it's probably not the best idea to take off from the Jedi Temple in broad daylight. I'm sure someone would be watching the Temple, and I'm sure someone would notice a Seperatist shuttle taking off from it.

I'm not sure how they managed to land on that cliff side without being noticed immediately. I think they could do well with some basic radar tech.

Does anyone know what that balcony was for? Plot convenience? It didn't seem to lead anywhere.

The clone's guns are making squawky noises again...

Commando droids: The reason why all clones need vibroblades in their gauntlets. Because punching them just doesn't work.

These are all pretty minor complaints, nothing that's going to stop me from enjoying this episode. Every sci-fi story ever has had these minor problems. Hell, every action flick does this sort of thing. I like that we're back to the action-packed episodes, and I look forward to the rest of the arc.

I agree with you on those points, Corvus.

The one thing I enjoyed from the latest episode was seeing Echo and Fives in Arc trooper gear. What I do not get is why they sent Captain Rex and Commander Cody with a few other grunts with the Jedi on a secret mission? Wouldn't this have been a much better time to introduce delta squad to the clone wars.

Every sci-fi story ever has had these minor problems. Hell, every action flick does this sort of thing.

Yes. A something that imediately comes to my mind is, "Hold your fire. There are no life forms. It must have been short-circuited".