EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Just came back from the Guardians

I only say this: Peter Quill singing 'come and get your love' with an Alien Rat :grin:

Just came back from the Guardians

I only say this: Peter Quill singing 'come and get your love' with an Alien Rat :grin:

Literally WITH an alien rat!

I watched Phone Booth recently. Very good! 8/10

Also rewatched V For Vendetta. One of my favourite films. 10/10. Highly recommend.

After seeing an infamous Internet video, I decided to go back and watch one of my childhood favorites: shrek. Which is decent, but shrek 2 is where it gets really good. It's a movie kids and adults can watch. Although I'll never see them in the same way...

The Butterfly Effect, starring Ashton Kutcher. It was a pretty good movie, but some character interactions seemed odd and I didn't feel like a few details were explained sufficiently enough. Still good though.

After seeing an infamous Internet video, I decided to go back and watch one of my childhood favorites: shrek. Which is decent, but shrek 2 is where it gets really good. It's a movie kids and adults can watch. Although I'll never see them in the same way...

Oh, that video. I'm amazed you managed to watch Shrek again after that. It scarred me for life.

The last movies I watched were 22 Jump Street, which was awesome, but not as good as the first, and I also watched Guardians of the Galaxy, which I didn't like. The scenes with Chris Pratt singing really annoyed me.

I watched The Sweeney (2012). Pretty good! 7/10

Oh, that video. I'm amazed you managed to watch Shrek again after that. It scarred me for life.

The last movies I watched were 22 Jump Street, which was awesome, but not as good as the first, and I also watched Guardians of the Galaxy, which I didn't like. The scenes with Chris Pratt singing really annoyed me.

What video would that be?

With the very sad news of Robin Williams passing I decided to watch a few of my favourite movies.

Good Morning Vietnam

World According to Garp

Dead Poets Society

Patch Adams

Thank you for the laughter. Thank you for the tears. May you Rest in Peace.

X men DoFP pretty much OK. Always a pleasure to watch actors of the quality of James McAvoy, Patrick Stewart, Michael Fassbender, Peter Dinklage etc having fun. The story was riddled with massive plot holes though like

once the sentinels had screwed up because of Magneto, they would have been cancelled anyway.

Mystique should have killed Trask and assumed his identity in order to close the programme

6/10

I am number 4. Utterly awful. Some aliens are hunting some other aliens so there is a 90 minute chase scene and a 20 minute fight scene and... The good guys win. I'm actually going to give this a 0/10

Just watched Lets Be Cops at the cinema today, it was very funny and the acting wasn't half bad, I'd give it a generous 8/10. :classic:

The Hunt For Red October.

I admit to not having read the book, but the movie was amazing. The plot twisted and turned in a lot of ways you wouldn't expect keeping you on the edge of your chair for the entire film. Sean Connery and Alex Baldwin worked perfectly, with Admiral Ramius(Connery) executing a plan and with Jack Ryan(Baldwin) guessing his every move. Seeing so many people working together covertly was so much fun.

It's instant on Netflix if any of you are interested. I'm actually going to watch The Patriot Games later tonight, with Harrison Ford as Jack Ryan.

One thing I didn't understand in the movie was the constant smoking. Why would anyone want to pollute the air in a submarine that was meant to move silently underwater, and therefore not submerge for weeks on end?

One thing I didn't understand in the movie was the constant smoking. Why would anyone want to pollute the air in a submarine that was meant to move silently underwater, and therefore not submerge for weeks on end?

Because smoking is cool, didn't you learn that back as a teenager? You won't die from it, you won't get addicted, (you won't stink from 500m away...) you'll just be really popular, especially with the opposite sex. That's the message every billboard, TV show & movie used to convey until it finally became considered unacceptable.

Shooter - Revenge & mayhem. Both ingredients for a good movie.

Operation Petticoat - Granted it's an oldie but with Cary Grant & Tony Curtis it's a goodie.

Edited by grum64

Divergent - ho-hum dystopian teen melodrama. I can't quite understand which demographic would enjoy it. Utterly nonsensical set up. 3/10

The Inbetweeners 1&2. Painfully true to life teen comedy. I was Will, of course. Lots of coarse language and toilet humour. 7/10 each.

The expendables 1. Tongue in cheek old school ultra violence from the masters of the craft. Very well directed. 8.5/10

Chef. Jon Favreau's apology for why iron man 3 was so awful, brought to you by twitter . Some great moments, but somehow insubstantial in its premise. Eg Why were they divorced, why didn't Dustin Hoffman listen to the chef, how do they attract and serve such gigantic crowds in unknown cities in reasonable time with no permit? 6/10 because I liked the music and photography.

I saw Oculus the other night. It's a horror movie. Maybe I was just in a certain mood, but this one really got to me. :cry_sad::wacko::sadnew::sceptic: But if you're into horror movies, I recommend it!

Last movie I saw (and purchased!) was Hook. With a more critical eye, sure some of it was a little silly and hokey, but I still really like this movie. The first forty minutes are great. The stuff with Peter "Banning" and his family in London is really good. Once we get to Neverland the film maybe isn't as good, but the performance of Dustin Hoffman as Captain Hook is still really captivating, and the film is still really funny! Although the Boo Box is still such a horrifyingly out of nowhere insert... :cry_sad:

Still, really enjoyed it!

I just watched The Fault in Our Stars, such a great movie but so sad :cry2::cry3: , I think I used like 2 boxes of tissue to wipe away all my tears.