EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Finally sat down and saw the Desolation of Smaug, since everyone's raving about it, and yeah, it was pretty good! It starts off quick, gets right into the action, then ends on a cliffhanger that felt like a cop out. Oh well. The Barrel Chase scene was excellent! I think for me it's the stand out action scene of the movie, and worth the admission alone. It's probably tied for favourite action sequence of the year with the finale of The Lone Ranger. Wasn't expecting Stephen Fry as the Lord of Lake-town, but I feel he fit the role nicely. Smaug was flipping amazing. I'm not one for computer effects, but Smaug looked unbelievable. Seeing it in 3D with optimum audio, I felt honest suspense when he rose out of the hoard and him and Bilbo started their discussion. My only real complaint was the ending, which was in m opinion a cop out. It's the same as I felt about the ending to Deathly Hallows: Part One. Both are great films that end with cliffhangers just to get you back in your seat. At least An Unexpected Journey had somewhat of a conclusion, here, it felt cheap. But, I'm excited to see There and Back Again, and I did have a fun time, so yeah, it was good. :thumbup:

American Hustle. Didn't know much about it going in, but I loved it. There was a clear emphasis on the focus of the characters rather than plot, which I didn't mind. Christian Bale was great. I thought his elaborate comb over was hilarious. Jennifer Lawrence was good as well. :blush: I heartily suggest it to everyone.

Really?! Over les mis? The prestige?

Les Mis would run a close first/second; haven't seen The Prestige yet so I dunno how to rank that.

It starts off quick, gets right into the action, then ends on a cliffhanger that felt like a cop out.

Oh gosh, that was awful. All the suspense and then! Blank screen. :hmpf_bad::laugh:

I got the Back to the Future trilogy for Christmas, and watched all three movies. The first one had some deleted scenes (didn't notice any in the other movies) which were interesting, but short. The second one is still by far my favorite. So much time travel stuff going on. :grin:

I got the Back to the Future trilogy for Christmas, and watched all three movies. The first one had some deleted scenes (didn't notice any in the other movies) which were interesting, but short. The second one is still by far my favorite. So much time travel stuff going on. :grin:

Totally need to see those again. Saw Part 1 a while back and everyone around said that they wouldn't stay to watch such an old movie again, but they all ended up staying for the whole thing and wanted to watch part 2 as well right away. Those are real classics! I like the concept of Part 2 the best, but unfortunately 2015 just looked like too much of a major glitch for me. :tongue:

I watched the Batman, Batman returns, and Batman Begins today. As well as some snips of Star Wars episodes 1-4. Since I've seen all of these movies already I decided I liked 80's/90's Batman over the Prequel trilogy. Of course episode 4 doesn't fall under that category, and Batman begins is from 2005, but I've seen the original trilogy like 5 times in 2013, (maybe 10 my whole life), and only saw Batman begins about 3 times, and forgot almost everything about it. Hope the star wars fans don't mind. :look:

Watched baseketball for the first time in almost 2 years. Absolutely my favorite comedy ever. I can still quote almost the entire movie from start to finish.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty great movie!

Funny, little action bits here and there. I have to say Ben Stiller make more movies!!!!

A+

I also saw The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. It was not as I expected it would be, but that doesn't mean I didn't like it. I thought it would dwell more on his 'zone-outs' but didn't as much. Overall a very inspirational tale that had me interested from start to finish.

I saw the Anohana movie yesterday. I wasn't so hyped about it as the Madoka Magica movie; however, it was pretty good, despite quite a bit of reused footage from the anime. And I got a free poster :excited:

TLH

The King and I. :grin: Seems I've been seeing a few Yul Brynner movies of late.

I finally got a chance to see two films that were in my backlog for a couple years.

The Thing (2011) - prequel to and inferior to the original '82 masterpiece, but still good and worth the watch. With the exception of the missing sequence of the Norwegians detonating the ice over the crater (as depicted via video footage in the original), they stayed pretty close to continunity and accuracy of the original film. They gel quite well.

Dredd (2012) - way better than I expected. Can't be directly compared to the '95 film with Stallone, it was just so different of a film. This was the closest thing I've seen to a good 'ol fashion Paul Verhoeven sci-fi action flick in a while, with gratuitous violence galore. I didn't realize they still made films like this. This wasn't a GREAT film, but it was pretty damn entertaining. I'm starting to think I would watch Karl Urban in anything. And his rookie chick sidekick...HOT!

Saving Mr Banks.

Great Movie, and although I have every Mary Poppins song stuck in my head it was definetly a good human intrest story.

And I may have cried a little..

A++

I would be interested to see more movies like this. One for the Hobbit would be great but it would never work seeing as Tolkiens dead when they made these movies :P

Saw an early screening of the Lego movie last night. It was awesome, some great jokes for AFOLs. Got a little intense for my son but other than that it was fantastic.

I watched The Wolf on Wall Street, it was fantastic, infact so good that I rated it 10/10 on imdb, it's definitely worth the watch :classic: Btw check my signature to see a few hundred of my film ratings (still updating and have a few hundred more :laugh:)

Edited by Kez

I'm still watching it, but The Social Network. Great film, and staring one of favourite actors- Andrew Garfield. Jesse Eisenberg is also pretty good in it.

Since starting working at a movie theatre, I've seen almost every movie to be released since about July, so way to many to talk about all of em. I did watch second half of Robocop last night. It was alright from what I saw, nothing too exciting though. I also watched the LEGO Movie a couple days ago, and it was utterly fantastic. It was like a reawakening to my love of LEGO, and seeing the theatre filled with mostly adults (not just taking their kids) was a very welcoming sight. It was easily one of the best and most hilarious movies I've in a long time and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone on this site.

-'Skintas

I was thinking that very shortly everyone would have the very same answer to the thread title!!!