Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Your Indy Collection/ Layout

Hello everyone. :classic: With the Indiana Jones theme coming to a close, I constantly admire the two years worth of Indy sets. I have collected most of the sets over the theme's short run time, and I have no regrets in doing so. Unlike other themes I collect, Indy allows me to set up scenes that depict a scene in the movies, or something else entirely, mostly thanks to the fact that many of the Indy sets go together nicely. So, instead of posting armies or vehicles side by side, this topic is for showing off your Indy collection and any layouts and MOCs you might have.

I'll start it off by posting mine (sorry for the horrible pictures, the natural light comes from only one direction in my room).

The whole collection on five shelves:

4281939323_67fe721e12.jpg

Top shelf (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull sets):

4282684144_25f8499666.jpg

Col. Dovencheko gets devoured by Saifu ants, while Dr. Spalko watches from a safe spot in a tree. You can also see Indy having a staring contest with the Crystal Skull, and a hungry alligator behind the mini tank:

4281939941_1304b89705.jpg

Indy gets ready to blow up a particularly menacing Jungle Cutter, a poor Native lies dead on the ground, and Indy and company flee a pursuing Russian boat.

4281940549_7e2e4d4fb7.jpg

Jungle Cutter, KOTCS tower, Spalko and Russain lackey follow Mutt and Indy into the Temple, another Native is shot down (on the steps of the Temple):

4282685758_7f42ae4508.jpg

Second top shelf: Raiders of the Lost Ark/ Obtaining the Ark.

Indy fights the German mechanic while Marion Ravenwood gets ready to knock the pilot unconscious with a... rotten carrot? Note the Oil tanker behind the Flying Wing:

4281941667_e541899d94.jpg

Indy chases the cargo truck which contains the Ark, which is tailed by a military jeep:

4281942153_d51eeaabef.jpg

Middle shelf: Jungle temple and Venice.

Stapido watches as Indy prepares to steal a very valuable idol. Jock patiently waits for his passenger to return while fishing:

4282687160_ebbace59da.jpg

Beloc waits outside the temple for his idol to be brought to him, eying the cave behind him carefully. In another scene, years in the future, Indy and Elsa are chased by the Cruciform Sword cult on boats in Venice. A mysterious couple completely ignore the chaos as they are lost in each other...

4282687604_dda9f79d5c.jpg

Second Bottom Shelf: The Jones family attempt to fend off a Nazi fighter plane while some sort of kite floats by...

4282687904_4e455328da.jpg

Bottom Shelf: Indy and Marion fight Egyptian Ninjas, the Jones are again chased by a Nazi, on motorcycles this time, and Thugee goons ride the rails in a fiery mine:

4281944023_3a7b90237d.jpg

Indy and the gang ride towards the sacrificial throne of Mola Ram, Indy and gang are chased by Chinese gangsters. watch out for that pillar, Short Round!:

4281944529_b505b1cce5.jpg

...And that's my collection. I look forward to seeing many other Indy layouts. :classic:

4281944529_b505b1cce5.jpg

Treasure Island? :tongue:

Nice Collection, mines about every Crystal skulls series set, so.. :hmpf_bad:

Unfortunetaly I only have one small Indy set, I've never seen all of them together.

Impressive collection, are you missing any sets?

Interesting topic. I'm looking forward to seeing how some of the other members display their Indy collections. You've got a nice one Jim. Shelf space is always nice.

At one time, I had set up a Jungle Adventure:

jungle128.jpg TOPIC

Later replacing it with a Desert Adventure:

largex250.jpg TOPIC

(click images for larger pictures)

Unfortunately, table size and space limits me the ability to leave the displays up. Most of my Indy collection is now in boxes. I currently only have the planes from Fighter Plane Attack constructed.

Apparently not. They seem to be all there.

Edit: after further inspection the limited edition Peril in Peru set does not seem to be part of his collection.

My Indiana Jones collection is complete except for just one set, the smallest one from the latest batch, 7195 Ambush in Cairo. Although I got some of the torsos and heads (Cairo Swordsman, Thug and Marion) through BL.

largex250.jpg TOPIC

Can't help but notice that you incorporated Henry Jones sr. into the Indiana Jones Raiders of the lost Ark desert lay-out although the fellow made his first appearance in The Last Crusade. :pir-sweet:

Edited by jamtf

Interesting topic. I'm looking forward to seeing how some of the other members display their Indy collections. You've got a nice one Jim. Shelf space is always nice.

At one time, I had set up a Jungle Adventure:

jungle128.jpg TOPIC

largex250.jpg TOPIC

Unfortunately, table size and space limits me the ability to leave the displays up. Most of my Indy collection is now in boxes. I currently only have the planes from Fighter Plane Attack constructed.

Wow, both are very impressive and nicely done.

I say who cares if it's not entirely accurate, as long as it looks good. :classic:

I think I have almost all of the sets. The only ones I remember that I do not have are the Jungle Cutter, and two planes together. (Forget what it's called) I didn't buy them because they had no new minifigs that I don't already have.

Mine are not really organized on one shelf, yet. I just moved all of my stuff into a different bedroom, so in the process of dusting and relocating, some things are in drawers while others are on shelves. Plus several other things are mixed in with my displays. For example, my Flying Wing diorama (WIP) is a general WWII Desert diorama, with some WWII stuff in it. Whenever I find parts or minifigs I might can use, that's where I put them so I won't forget what I did with them. :grin:

I might get some pictures taken later.

Treasure Island? :tongue:

I knew someone would point that out. :laugh:

Nice Collection, mines about every Crystal skulls series set, so.. :hmpf_bad:

What's " :hmpf_bad: " about that? Those are probably my favorites since they go together the best, I think.

Thank you. I am missing a few:

- The Lost Tomb (my deepest regrets that I didn't grab one while I could)

- Peril in Peru (as jamtf mentioned. It's not my most desired since it's non-canon, but I wouldn't mind having that brick-built plane).

- Chauchilla Cemetery

- Brickmaster exclusive jeep

That list won't exist for long, though. :devil:

Shelf space is always nice.

Something I'm always running out of. :cry_sad: Don't be mistaken, there are plenty of SPIII, Atlantis, Power Miners, and Castle sets laying on the floor. :laugh:

And that's why I asked if you still had your Desert Layout (in the Mexican Village topic). Those layouts were so awesome, but at least I have the Village to look forward to.

I also look forward to seeing some pictures of Indy collections. :wink:

Impressive collection you got there. I was planning to start an indy collection which I collected most of the first 2 waves. However, I started running out of space (Need the space for Star Wars) so I scrap it and sold all my poor indy sets :sad:

I might get only 1 indy set like the ambush in cario just to have some memories of this great theme.

One question though, I suppose you have some sort of cover for your display? Otherwise, it'll get really dusty over time.

I have the complete collection (minus the Brickmaster and Comiccon exclusives :hmpf_bad: ) on display. It takes up all of the top shelves in that room. It does look rather nice. I'll try to get some pics posted. I have the boxes behind the actual sets. It gives it a more professional look. Also I tried it with out the boxes and it looked like utter crap. :sick: Dust is a big problem for me. :sceptic:

Edited by JCC1004

I was hoping to see a layout more like what the Brickster had.

Steve

I sadly don't have any of my Indy sets constructed anymore. What makes them such great sets also makes them great parts-packs so usually I take them apart. Race for the treasure lasted the longest but I just took that one apart the other day for something I was building. It would be nice to pick up the flying wing or the other one with the two planes because I think they display better than the others.

One question though, I suppose you have some sort of cover for your display? Otherwise, it'll get really dusty over time.

Nope, you're right, dust is a huge problem, especially by the windows. I have to dust them off every once in a while.

I have the complete collection (minus the Brickmaster and Comiccon exclusives :hmpf_bad: ) on display. It takes up all of the top shelves in that room. It does look rather nice. I'll try to get some pics posted. I have the boxes behind the actual sets. It gives it a more professional look.

That's an interesting idea. I imagine the boxes take up a lot of space though, especially the Temple of the Crystal Skull one.

I was hoping to see a layout more like what the Brickster had.

Steve

Sorry to disappoint. :sad: However the title did say your collection, so I guess this is more of a "post your collection thread" than "my layout" thread. I look forward to any MOCs any of you might have, though, and I might attempt one or two of my own... I saw a Last Crusade library that looked pretty inspiring.

I Have 2 Jungle cutters, the Akator temple, Temple escape, Ambush in cario, Motorcycle chase, and that other small set (forgot what it's called)

I got them all for parts though - They are very nice SW part packs (sorry Indy fans :laugh: ). I had no choice :cry_sad: - they were half price :tongue:

I have the complete collection (minus the Brickmaster and Comiccon exclusives :hmpf_bad: ) on display. It takes up all of the top shelves in that room. It does look rather nice. I'll try to get some pics posted. I have the boxes behind the actual sets. It gives it a more professional look. Also I tried it with out the boxes and it looked like utter crap. :sick: Dust is a big problem for me. :sceptic:

I totally agree with you on the boxes. I always keep all my lego boxes as it makes the set looks way better with all the background colours and action on them. Dust makes sets looks very used and not mint condition. :hmpf_bad:

Well,very impressive collection,why don't you use theme in the MOCs?But it's your choice.Unfortuanly,i have only smallest sets:Jungle Duel,Cairo Showdown and Motorcycle chase.

I bought motorcycle chase, jungle duel and river chase when I was on holiday because I had a craving for lego. Its a pretty small collection but I like it because I have indy and his dad :classic:

I totally agree with you on the boxes. I always keep all my lego boxes as it makes the set looks way better with all the background colours and action on them. Dust makes sets looks very used and not mint condition.

From someone who stores a lot of sets in boxes, definately true, but it is hard to appreciate sets that are stored away in boxes; plus MOC building becomes very difficult. I could generally run 1-2 displays at a time, but three somewhat pushes it as rooms and space limit display space. What I would love to have is a dedicated LEGO room with a train display along perimeter tables. Tables against each wall would have different displays as the train(s) pass by. For instance, one section could be Indy Jungle, then Desert, Wild West, City, Castle, etc.

If I were to go with a shelf display (and I have bookshelves now), I'd love to have glass cabinets to keep the dust off. I'm just dreaming though.

EDIT:

One can also add shelves to a room. A while back, I didn't have any table space for some trains I wanted to leave constructed, so I went out and purchased a few inexpensive wall shelves.

This is what they look like:

trainshelves.jpg

While they do get dusty (and I have not cleaned them in a while), I appreciate being able to see them, and showing them to visitors. One could do the same with Indy or any other theme.

Finally got myself the 7195 Ambush in Cairo set. Bought a couple since they make great parts packs. They arrived yesterday.

My collection is now complete except for the Brickmaster Jeep in polybag and the ComicCon special edition case. I consider them nice collectables but these are not that important to me, especially since the cheapest new in polybag Brickmaster Jeep with the early Indiana Jones in leather jacket fig (it only appears this way in 12 sets :hmpf_bad: ) costs $40 on BL :sceptic: .

Wow. I've never seen so many IJ sets at once. I wish I had Shanghai Chase, or and IJ set for that matter :cry_sad:

Hello everyone! Did you know that you can buy the Brickmaster Set on Amazon.com?

Excellent thanks.

I suppose I should post all of my sets like everyone else. :grin:

3938288402_3602353d0a.jpg

Well, that's it.

I think you're missing one JimButcher, or you don't have a pic of it. Temple of the Ark?

That is a really nice collection. I really like the shelves. I would do something similer but, I also like Lego pirates and those tall ships are just too big for shelves so, I use a display table instead. :classic:

So far I've simply kept mine in the boxes and not on display with the exception of one Motorcycle Chase and one Ambush in Cairo.

5 Motorcycle Chase

1 Lost Tomb

1 Race for the Stolen Treasure

1 Temple Escape

1 Brickmaster Exclusive

1 Jungle Duel

1 River Chase

1 Jungle Cutter

1 Peril in Peru

1 Temple of the Crystal Skull

7 Ambush in Cairo

2 Chauchilla Cemetary

1 Shangai Chase

2 Venice Canal Chase

1 Fight on the Flying Wing

2 Fighter Plane Attack

2 Temple of Doom

I haven't yet decided to get the ComicCon Exclusive given the cost of such a small set, part of which is just a duplicate of the Brickmaster one. I also regret not getting a couple copies of Race for the Stolen Treasure and Shangai Chase as I thought those were particularly fine sets.

At some point I'll try to decide how I want to display these sets though I'll probably have to compliment them with some additions and modifications.