Sign in to follow this  
vahkimetru

New USA LegoLand!

Merlin Entertainment, the new owners of LegoLand are looking for another LegoLand!

What do you think? I'm from the US, but for all you from Europe, what do you think?

I personally hope to see more rides from Lego Themes, and a ferris wheel shaped like a Technic gear.

*hopes that they would make one in Canada or even at least make a fricking LEGO store!!! >:(, just ONE! *... :D

*hopes that they would make one in Canada or even at least make a fricking LEGO store!!! , just ONE! *... 

Yes please Lord.... :D

Merlin Entertainment, the new owners of LegoLand are looking for another LegoLand!

What do you think? I'm from the US, but for all you from Europe, what do you think?

I personally hope to see more rides from Lego Themes, and a ferris wheel shaped like a Technic gear.

1) do you have a link to your source?

2) i guess it will be in the US or Asia, or with a little luck, somewhere in Southern or Eastern Europe, but i'm afraid most of Europe has been covered already. TLG did have plans to set up a theme park in Belgium a few years back, but i'll assume it's somewhere in America

3) are they going to buy a park or start from scratch?

1) do you have a link to your source?

2) i guess it will be in the US or Asia, or with a little luck, somewhere in Southern or Eastern Europe, but i'm afraid most of Europe has been covered already. TLG did have plans to set up a theme park in Belgium a few years back, but i'll assume it's somewhere in America

The article that BZP power links to confirms that it will be in the US.
*Hopes for Central Illinois* 

Same here. Wisconsin or Minisota would be nice too.

I think it's probably going to be between the midwest and east cost.

I'm hoping for East Coast...

Same here...

North East...

Please Lego, plese...

Anyways, I hope to see a very impressive park.

I'm hoping for East Coast...

Same here...

North East...

Please Lego, plese...

Anyways, I hope to see a very impressive park.

massachusetts would be great

Doubt it will be where I live. I just don't see Connecticut being a candidate at all!

-l2k-

I think that's just because the US has a more developped "theme parc culture"

That's terrible reasoning.

Canada, where I live, has many many tourist attractions... if a LEGOland was built in Toronto or Niagara Falls... it would be very successful. There are many other countries like this.

Maybe, it could be on the border of Canada because than US tourists would need to show pass ports at some part of the park if it was half and half.

That's terrible reasoning.

Canada, where I live, has many many tourist attractions... if a LEGOland was built in Toronto or Niagara Falls... it would be very successful. There are many other countries like this.

Well, as a fellow Canadian, I have to disagree. Themeparks are far better suited to warmer climates. Heck, I live 20 minutes from Canada's Wonderland (a themepark). The fact is, due to weather, it only brings in business for six months in any given year. Also, other than Ontario, and Quebec, Canada's population density is extremely low. We simply don't have the market for something like this. It would be more suited to a Southern US State.

As for Europe, they already have two LEGOLAND parks. Don't forget, Europe is far smaller than North America. Its not unreasonable for a fellow in England to make the trip to Germany or vice versa. The same can't be said in North America. To drive from the Northern East Coast to California would take over 40 hours! Honestly, a second US LEGOLAND makes sense.

Later.