1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Thanks for another Fantastic review KimT! :thumbup:

I can't wait to see your Freeco review. :sweet:

This set has to be top priority along side the BPs for me. I missed the old one, so as soon as I heard this one was coming out I knew I'd have to get it!

The figs in the set are very nice! I love the new droid and the pilots. :wub:

The actualy set looks very nice and I think, looks much sleeker then the last one.

Thanks for a Great review Kim!

CommanderFox

Not much better than the old one i can say :hmpf_bad: - strange that i seem to have totally different sets from ep3 than is usual- i have Arc and Trifighter but no CTT- so i am happy that new CTT comes out- everyone else seem to have old turbotank already i don't -i am anxiously waiting it :cry_happy:

But I got so many extra slope pieces, at least 30 now! I need those so I can use the slops in MOC. You don't like free pieces?

Why use two 1x1 when there is a 1x2, because I get more 1x1s because they are free! :laugh:

And the 2x4 tile was needed because of the large amount of stickers.

There is actually no "free" parts in sets there is some parts that are always extras of them like studs- (probably added to the price)but can we please stop talking about those little cheeseslopes this is not only meaning of this topic let's speak about the set itself :hmpf_bad:

Awesome review, KimT :thumbup:

The new ARC is quite an improvement over the old one, and better figs this time. Still, I have the original which is fine to me, and I could use that £50 on something else.

Besides, one of those new Clone Pilots is coming in another set next year, Palpatine's Shuttle, so I'll get one then.

Thanks for the review kim t, this has helped me make mt desicion of the 2010 sets i'd like to purchase

I just love these new helmets.

But why do they put Kit Fisto in the ARC? A third pilot would have been better.

69,99€ are too expensive for it... The last ARC cost 50€ and looked better.

I just need these helmets.. they're beautiful. And the Minifigheads too :wub:

Thanks for this great review, KimT.

Thank you 'KimT' for this review and making me spend even more next year. :grin:

YES - CLONE WARS - oh my wallet ! :grin:

Flick missiles - I put them on but dont use them (hate to lose them).

I consider this a better design than the old one, although it's lost it bombing ability, ah well thats life. :vader:

The pilots are cool - new heads and sweet looking helmets. :wub:

An excellent set - bingo - on my list ! :yoda:

Dam it ! - tri-droid goes on their too ! (aw my wallet again !) :grin:

Footnote ; I guess there will be an episode of CW containing Kit Fisco in an ARC170, since almost all the CW sets Lego release are to do with the original 2008 movie or series one and two on Cartoon Network.

(Oh, yeah we in Australia get the new series on 8th of January on Cartoon Network on Foxtel but it's called Clone Wars - Decoded, why call it that - who knows ?)

Great review ! Arc Starfighter looks good. Really like the new pilot minifigures face. But i agree with you and prefer 2 oridinary pilots instead. The new droid is pratically same as r2 d2 except with a new head piece. Just can't belive this set only has 381 pieces though.

This looks like another really good set from this wave. The arc 170 looks amazing and really detailed aswell. I dont mind about the stickers that much but it looks like there is quite a few to put on :sceptic:. The minifigs look great and even the droid I cant wait to get my hands on.

Thanks KimT :thumbup:

Great review!

Clone Wars or EpIII? Who cares! Lego have done a great job here in making a set that would appeal to fans of either. It would fit quite nicely into my EpII collection. :wub: the new helmets.

[rant] My local store just got this set... It is 800 SEK! :oh3::oh: (About $106) Over 2x the normal pppr in Sweden.

How is this possible?!? [/rant]

Anyway.. Nice review KimT, the set is really cool, I wouldve gotten it if it wasn´t so [rant] RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE!!!![/rant]

Great review KimT :thumbup:

Really looking forward to this set, I've got the old model as well and cant wait to compare.

The helmets of the pilots are in my opinion the cream of this set.

And now the long wait untill the sets are available...

Great review KimT! I know I'm going to get set this for X-mas! :tongue:

[rant] My local store just got this set... It is 800 SEK! :oh3::oh: (About $106) Over 2x the normal pppr in Sweden.

How is this possible?!? [/rant]

Well, lego is mostly made (and probably packaged too) in Denmark, wich is "close" to Sweden. And locally produced air aren't Isn't cheap...

...wich is in around 40% of the box... :sadnew:

Is air plural or singular? :wacko:

Edited by filip skywalker

Well, lego is mostly made (and probably packaged too) in Denmark, wich is "close" to Sweden. And locally produced air aren't Isn't cheap...

I think i have to visit a shop before christmas just to see if these are already in shops here in Finland- actually i read magazinearticle that told about most popular christmas present themes- of course Lego Star Wars was one of them and picture showed new Arc:s in Stockmann but not sure if those are found here eastern part of FInland yet :tongue: Well my budget goes to the battlepacks nothing more now since i am already getting mountains of legos in Christmas :cry_happy:

:hmpf_bad: I have both the original and the current one

I keep reading that it is clone wars I dont think so it has the regular markings on the R4

also it has the same heads as the zev seneca in the battle pack

this kit is better in 1 way it fixes the wings that fell apart

I find the lack of printed parts disturbing

they have stickers for the controls and the side windows

why would the put printed control panels in the cheaper sets and not in the high dollar sets

I like the set but why not something new why is there so many rebuilds in the new wave

I would like to see a jango slave 1 instead of the boba slave 1

just because you as lego make a few new parts you have to incorparate all of them in the sets

also why would this set be clone wars when the palpatine shuttle has the same arc pilot in it ??? :sceptic::hmpf_bad:

Yeah, just compare the US prices and ours, many times it´s cheaper to get them from there including SaH... :sceptic:

Great Review KimT,

As I see TLG makes more additions to the new sets like the new helmet and this is very much appreciated.

There are so many differences with this release and the "original one" and the improvements make this set as a must have one.

Thanks for the nice review again.

Clone Wars or EpIII? Who cares!

I actuaally don't get what difference it makes. could someone explain?

New ARC-170 fighter, the style is more beautiful, and more streamlined

The new pilot's helmet design is very detailed

Really attractive!!

But this set was expensive ~ ~ 3499NTD sold in Taiwan

Anyway~~Thank you 'KimT' for review!!~~in first time

I actuaally don't get what difference it makes. could someone explain?

Difference is that faces of the cw-line are mangastyled like this

9114_35.JPG

ep3 clones seems to have normal dot eyes (or just black plain head)

This set rocks! excellent review Kim. I do have a question: When is it being released in the U.S? A buddy of mine got if for Christmas and he said it was from Toys R Us, and the TRU website says its out of stock. I really hope this set doesnt go the way of the Republic Fighter Tank last Fall when they sold out in Target after about 2 weeks.

I checked a local TRU and of course, after Christmas, they had a couple of Home One sets and a smashed Solar Sailor and that was it... :sceptic:

Well I'd have to say I like how the helmets on the AT-AT pilots rise up a little. On the actual helmet there was a spot for neck articulation for the driver, so they could move their head back, which sort of looked like a black rubber collar connected to the helmet, making the helmet totally accurate. It's sort of like Clone helmets, the black is meant to show through.

On the subject of the set, of course, I have it and really like it. It doesn't have as many pieces as the old one, but still matches it in playability. A pilot instead of Kit would have been better in my opinion, but oh well. I did replace him with an old pilot, and put him in the gunner seat, and I also added controls to the whole ship. All in all, it was great though.

One thing I'd like to do is compare this with the old one, which I can't because my old one is scattered in hundreds of pieces all over my place.