Sir Dillon

Castle Sets 2010

Fantastic new castle wave! I really love the look of this, a big step up from the more recent disappointments. I'll definitely be getting both those fantastic impulses, the jester one especially. The smaller one look great as well, I love that "unicorn" armour horn on the horse there.

The larger sets look magnificent however, a fantastic new style that leaps truly ahead of my expectations! Unfortunately I doubt I'll be getting the larger ones as I'm trying to save money and stick closer to my goals of making a Batman world. However if that brown and dark green tower is not too expensive and contains smaller and very useful parts like it looks I may have to shell-out.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Is that gold/ tan cheese on the wheels of the little assault catapult thing?

WOW. After see in picture, I think, I love these set all. New red barding horse, new lion knight for me, is just one thing : NEW ARMY :)

Thanks for TLG you know what we want... Human vs Human... :thumbup:

These sets don't appeal to me personally, but I know every classic castle fan is going to fall in love. It keeps the battle-ish feeling alive while bringing the sets a more classic and even medieval life-ish feeling. Although I'm not an enormous fan, I still must say great job TLC. :thumbup:

But the name... honestly? :hmpf:

These are really great! I really love the new crisp looking box design, and the minifigures are awesome.

What I see:

A white and red jester

a green wizard

unicorns- new helmet mold for horses

a new helmet mold very much like this link

Two civilized factions- Dragons versus Lions

new mold for long sword. looks like the classic lego shortsword but longer blade.

Lion knights still have chrome helmets

possibly new or modified armor pieces for knights?

new gate mold

The sets according to size:

7953(impulse)- A stage and a red and white jester

7955(impulse)-a green wizard with baby dragon, table with potions, and a spell book printed on a tile.

7950 Knights Showdown-A dragon knight and a lion knight with a Lion knight catapult, a weapon rack, and the new longsword mold

7949 Prison Carriage Rescue-A lion knight with new helmet mold, a lion soldier/prisoner, dragon soldier (possible new helmet mold?)with prison carrige and horse. new unicorn helmet on horse.

7948 Outpost Attack- Dragon soldier, lion soldier, and knight/archer. Comes with Dragon trebutchet and lion outpost.

7947 Prison Tower Rescue- Dragon knight, dragon soldier, mounted Lion knight, lion soldier, and mysterious prisoner. Comes with prison tower, horse with armor, and unicorn helmet

7946 Kings Castle-four lion soldiers, The Lion king( :tongue: ), two dragon soldiers, dragon knight. Horse with armor and unicorn helmet.

:thumbup: :thumbup: These sets will kill us next year.

Brilliant, very old school indeed. :wub:

The colour schemes on both factions look great, we get a nice new dark green/brown faction as well as a charming classic red/white faction. :sweet: I love that new teutonic-type helmet too, I've been hoping for these for a while now.

Can't wait until 2010, what with this and the Prince of Persia line, I can imagine a lot of crusader MOCs popping up next year. :wub:

It looks good as preliminary sets, but I'll have to reserve my judgment for the actual sets. :sceptic: I guess I'm one of those few people who enjoy their dwarves (and elves, but alas). Don't throw tomatoes at me!

On the plus side, I think I like the color scheme of the dragon side. More punky. So... since they have baby dragons, I assume we will see mama dragon in the future.

WOW. (gasping for air) Did I just see what I thought I saw? Holy Tom Selleck, Lego has answered by dreams. Now don't get me wrong, the Medival market was steller. And I loved the Dwarven Mine, and I bought lots of crownies and orcs. But the Orc Fortress, Drawbridge and Kings Carriage didn't do it for me.

New factions, horses w/ barding, new helms, good and bad humans, new swords, i'm in. I will buy the entire collection, make it happen lego.

Yes! These look awesome, even though they're prelims, I don't see anything wrong with them. LEGO is going in such a good direction with new lines of evergreen themes lately: blasts from the past, yet done in LEGO's new and much more detailed way of doing things. These are very reminiscent of Castle sets from before Leo came around, but they look to be designed much better than Classic Castle sets which didn't have so many details. I was hoping that LEGO would take the standard of the recent Drawbridge and make an entire line like that, and it seems that's what they've done. I'm so excited!

And thank God for dumping the skeletons, dwarfs, trolls, etc :thumbup:

*Looks through the smilies...*

I can't find what I want...

*Gives you evil look*

What I don't get is why LEGO can't have best of both worlds, have skellies and dwarfs and such as different fractions along with Wolfmen (which the warewolf head) and forestmen and such too. Have a big crazy Castle world.

As someone who loved the fantasy theme and never understood why people were so against it (what's wrong with a little variety?), I'm a bit disapointed that it won't be continuing. However, this replacement looks just about as good, and you can't go wrong with two human factions in appealing colors like red and dark green. :thumbup:

As for the set design, the big castle looks great, but the siege engines seem to be a step down from some of the ones in the fantasy line - particularly the catapault and crossbow launcher from the first wave. But, hey, these are preliminary, so I wouldn't be suprised at all if the designs improve by the time they reach store shelves. :wink:

Combining this with new Trains, Space Police, Atlantis, and a new Racers line with actual minifigures, and you have what looks like a superb summer wave of lego sets! And to think I was convinced I wouldn't be buying barely any lego next year... looks like I might be wrong about that. :tongue:

Edited by Grevious

Like most people, I`m stoked about the new castle sets. I keep coming back online just to look at the pics again. I like the color schemes of both factions and I especially love the solid look of the castle.

I know these are probably preliminary pictures but unless they change the sets drastically, I`m very happy with the direction that Castle (or should I say Kingdoms) is going. I can see this type of line having a pretty long life with possible expansions and additions of new factions.

Edited by BearHeart

While I'm disappointed there's no elves for 2010, these sets look excellent. These look like they could have been made during the late 80's, but there are plenty of modern elements to make them awesome. The pictures aren't big enough to get a really good look at the sets, but from what I can see, they look really great. Hopefully, the wizard is going to be released in NA this time.

You guys must all have fantastic sight, either that or I must be missing the stash of more detailed pics.... I'm assuming that this will be released in spring so I will be saving my money (after Imperial Flagship, of course)

I am really excited about these first pics. I really loved the fantasy line coming out of my Dark Ages, but this new line reminds me more of the "old days". From what I can see I really like the colour scheme used and that tower looks like a power pack in useful MOC components.

Aw man, I might have to start properly collecting Castle now. There goes my money. I love that new helmet. :wub:

I wish they hadn't separated them into 'good' (light) and 'bad' (dark) factions though. Why can't they just be... east (orange/blue) and west (purple/yellow) or something. But I guess these lines are aimed at kids, who kind of live by the good/evil rule.

I'll wait to see if the line goes beyond one year, though... I've learned from the 2009 Pirates. Maybe a Forestmen faction in 2011?

Edited by David Thomsen

OMG they're amazing! :cry_happy:

I've been wanting a re-newed Dragon theme for years!

And I love the little dreagon, what I'd give if they re made the old skool dragon mold :thumbup::cry_happy:

Kids need an "evil" faction in order to justify the fighting. Black, green, and dragons are archetypes of evil, I guess. Although the goth in me thinks green and black is such a better combination than red and white! Who agrees?! :tongue:

It looks like I am going to be buying castle Lego again. Castle really was my first love, as a child I adored history and made Lego castles and knights with diving suit armour. I bought plenty of Knights Kingdom II (even though it seems widely disliked). I am afraid that the Fantasy theme focused far too much on the combat, with poorly designed castles and great big war machines which turned me off collecting castle apart from the odd set every now and then. These new ones look fantastic from the prelims and I :wub: the little dragon.

Can someone that has seen images tell me if the large castle set has a proper gate house so the portcullis doesn't stick out of the battlements?

Edit: I found the images and it does look like they have finally put on a proper gatehouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will definitely be getting these sets!

Edited by Nicker