Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

A worker at the Sacramento, California Lego Store told me that Series 1 was done and they were sold out and not getting anymore. She also said that Series 2 would be beginning in a few months, but they didn't have an exact date yet. A TRU employee also confirmed they had been sold out and hadn't gotten anymore in for several shipments.

Steve

You could be right there.

Do not expect retailers to limit the number you can buy. America has a liberty-based trading policy and limiting numbers i.e. a refusal to sell things to a customer will not be accepted (imagine children and parents getting quite angry) and these people will most likely never return to the store ever again. Furthermore, it will be hard to pull off to begin with and the staff at the store can not execute such a measure as it will result in a lot of bad things happening on the spot and other customers being affected by people starting arguments about $2 a piece merchandise.

Jamtf,

You are mistaken with your odd generalization. While we enjoy liberties some countries dream of (and I personally feel it's leading to our decline as a nation), it is common practice here in the States to qulaify sales purchases with disclaimers such as 'limit one per customer'. I've seen it numerous times in the toy industry and very early in the collectible card game industry. A long as TRU puts a sign up next to the display reading, 'Limit five per customer', parents and children alike will have the sense to buy seperately (as in the father gives the kids some cash, they get in different lines and each buy five), or return to the store multiple times.

And while we have our fair share of morons (okay, waaaay more than our fair share) only the AFOLs are arguing in the store for being told they cannot buy a box. That being said, my TRU had no limit. I can't speak on other TRU's or other places that sell them since I've not found them anywhere else.

Does anyone know when series 3 will be released? I can see them being released around Christmas time or with the January sets. Or maybe they will even wait until the spring...

I would imagine we would get some pictures/info within the next month or so...

As previously mentioned. When Mads Nipper was at the BBTB Convention a few months back he mentioned that they planned 2 series per year releasing at approximately the same time. So, Series 3 should be out by spring.

Jamtf,

You are mistaken with your odd generalization. While we enjoy liberties some countries dream of (and I personally feel it's leading to our decline as a nation), it is common practice here in the States to qulaify sales purchases with disclaimers such as 'limit one per customer'. I've seen it numerous times in the toy industry and very early in the collectible card game industry. A long as TRU puts a sign up next to the display reading, 'Limit five per customer', parents and children alike will have the sense to buy seperately (as in the father gives the kids some cash, they get in different lines and each buy five), or return to the store multiple times.

Maybe I am but if father and kids and their friends share their money, the say "5 per customer limit" does not work, does it? Plus you can walk by the counter time after time imposing you are a "new" client and do the trick over and over again. Eventually and in essence, the customer limit is quite easy to pass. Regarding toys, I have never seen limits per customer here in Europe and I regularly visit toy stores in Holland and Germany. I have only seen discounts at TRU like "buy 3 get 1 for free" so you have to make "triplets" of your purchases. Fact is that collectable cards (I think you are referring to something like world of warcraft and similar card games in which you can purchase extra power, energy and capacities for your character) ain't such a big hit here but we have the Panini football (or soccer) stickers which can be compared to US baseball cards and such. If I would want them all, I will get them without a problem (if I pay of course) no questions asked.

Maybe I am but if father and kids and their friends share their money, the say "5 per customer limit" does not work, does it? Plus you can walk by the counter time after time imposing you are a "new" client and do the trick over and over again. Eventually and in essence, the customer limit is quite easy to pass. Regarding toys, I have never seen limits per customer here in Europe and I regularly visit toy stores in Holland and Germany. I have only seen discounts at TRU like "buy 3 get 1 for free" so you have to make "triplets" of your purchases. Fact is that collectable cards (I think you are referring to something like world of warcraft and similar card games in which you can purchase extra power, energy and capacities for your character) ain't such a big hit here but we have the Panini football (or soccer) stickers which can be compared to US baseball cards and such. If I would want them all, I will get them without a problem (if I pay of course) no questions asked.

A decade ago or so I would have agreed with you, but you know how us crazy Americans are with fads and trends. Cabbage Patch Dolls and Beanie Babies have led to stores putting limits on things sometimes. It's not prevalent, but it's not out of the ordinary.

I forgot to mention last night that I did find some Series 1 minifigs at a LEGO store in Houston, but that was a month ago.

false. as late as last week's BOGO 50% off sale, TRU still weren't limiting anyone to 5 per person. maybe where you live they were doing so but i kinda find that hard to believe seeing how you were the one claiming wallys and targets to also carry them hence do not think a shortage is at hand. :hmpf_bad: if there were no shortages, why limit the few buyers that actually want them... duh.

wasn't just where I lived people were reporting limits at their TRU in this thread alone from the onset, heck at the beginning my store didn't have limit but they imposed a 3 minifig limit towards the end, not that it was any good cause people could go thru the line again and again ad infinitum

I was at Borders (VA,USA) yesterday and searched their in-store database for the Collectible Minifigs Volume 1, they were out. However, "LEGO Minifigure Volume 2" popped up on the screen! None were in stock and it said that they would be available in August 2010, earlier than the September release date. Also, the Borders price may go up to $3.99 as that is what the computer said. Almost time for round 2 of this nightmare, err fun.

I sent an E-Mail to Lego asking about the availability of series 2, and a got a reassuring answer.

It seems that there may still be a limited amount though not as bad as the first wave. However they will be available in more stores. By the looks of things series three will be very easy to get. :sweet:

That is awesome news, target and Walmart don't Jack up prices like toys r us.

That is awesome news, target and Walmart don't Jack up prices like toys r us.

I hope that for your sake that that Walmart and Target gets a decent sized shipment as the aforementioned Borders pricing sounds ridiculous! They sound as bad as Bricklink.

Darn; I live in Colorado Springs, and the minifigs never even came to the stores here. I've checked Wal-Marts, Targets, and Toys R Us, to no avail. The only small toy stores that I know of have closed down, so no luck there. I'm going to go to the LEGO Store in Denver on Friday, but I doubt they'll have them there. I didn't even have a chance!

What kind of sets would you like to see the figures come with? Example: The Zombie minifigure set could be a graveyard with graves that could open and close....Or do you think that Lego should just keep pumping out new Minifigures by themselves?

Well, we know they're not going to release the collectible minifigs themselves in sets (although that doesn't keep them from making a set with a slightly different zombie or luchador). One of the things people seem to like about these, though, is that they don't have to be tied to a particular theme.

The nurse is the main type of fig I can see them releasing in a larger set. Perhaps there might be an ER or hospital set in the future-- can't remember the last time I saw one of those. But there's no evidence that that's even being considered; it's just my own speculation of which figs could possibly work in a set, if any.

Very good point....what if Lego released sets to go along with the new Minifigures....the sets could either be released as "accessories" to the minifigs, so you would have the option of just buying the set by itself....

Or would it be cool to see sets released with additional minifigs (without the main minifig) that go along with that theme?

My neighborhood Fred Meyer (Kroger-owned chain of grocery stores here in the US Pacific Northwest) put out two boxes of these today, so keep looking in unusual places, folks!

My neighborhood Fred Meyer (Kroger-owned chain of grocery stores here in the US Pacific Northwest) put out two boxes of these today, so keep looking in unusual places, folks!

FM isn't an unusual place to find the minifigs. They regularly carry LEGO. Now, if they're said to be found at a Dollar Store than that's unusual!

Well, we know they're not going to release the collectible minifigs themselves in sets (although that doesn't keep them from making a set with a slightly different zombie or luchador). One of the things people seem to like about these, though, is that they don't have to be tied to a particular theme.

The nurse is the main type of fig I can see them releasing in a larger set. Perhaps there might be an ER or hospital set in the future-- can't remember the last time I saw one of those. But there's no evidence that that's even being considered; it's just my own speculation of which figs could possibly work in a set, if any.

LEGO never said the minifigs would not be released in sets, only that certain acces would not (which i'm thinking the stands)

LEGO never said the minifigs would not be released in sets, only that certain acces would not (which i'm thinking the stands)

Really? If anything I would think that the stands have the best chance of being released in a separate set. As an actual brick, the stands seem more useful than any of the other new accessories. While I suspect that certain elements like the caveman's beard or the skater's hairpiece will eventually find their way into other sets I'm not so sure about other character-specific elements. The clown's horn and cheerleader's pom poms seem like elements that are less likely to be reproduced given how specialized they are.

Really? If anything I would think that the stands have the best chance of being released in a separate set. As an actual brick, the stands seem more useful than any of the other new accessories. While I suspect that certain elements like the caveman's beard or the skater's hairpiece will eventually find their way into other sets I'm not so sure about other character-specific elements. The clown's horn and cheerleader's pom poms seem like elements that are less likely to be reproduced given how specialized they are.

all the more reason to make them, might not be same color or might but you know LEGO with its attraction to sports themes no matter how bad they do and cheerleaders would fit, now the clown horn, that can be used for old style cars too or if they do a circus theme which was just done by one of their competitors.

the stands I see as a minifig type only piece only to be found in the collectible minifigs.

Edited by Asterios

Has anyone looked on the the paper inside each bag, it shows headgear and accessory changeover ideas to make really wacky figures. I think these minifigs are a seperate theme altogether, so in new sets I doubt, but who knows with Lego......anything is possible !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Has anyone looked on the the paper inside each bag, it shows headgear and accessory changeover ideas to make really wacky figures.

It does?

All the ones I have show the figures on one side (as a sort of checklist) and then the "build" instructions on the other. Is this different for US figs or something?

I only just realised the collectible spaceman minifig has all these hoses on the front of his outfit but NO AIRTANKS!!! What a goose. He's not going to get far.

I only just realised the collectible spaceman minifig has all these hoses on the front of his outfit but NO AIRTANKS!!! What a goose. He's not going to get far.

Being stuck in that airtight bag for weeks probably didn't help either!

I've been pretty busy, so I haven't had time to report in on my box from Entertainment Earth. I did receive it last week, and the assortment was identical to all the other reported ones. However, I actually opened all of the packs in order, starting with the first column on the left and working my way front to back. Has anyone else done this? I was wondering if each case is packed in exactly the same fashion. Here's my case's loadout:

Column 1, front to back

Cowboy

Cowboy

Caveman

Caveman

Dummy

Dummy

Dummy

Dummy

Magician

Dummy

Forestman

Skater

Skater

Caveman

Cheerleader

Cheerleader

Cheerleader

Cowboy

Cowboy

Wrestler

Column 2, front to back

Spaceman

Spaceman

Zombie

Diver

Diver

Zombie

Diver

Robot

Diver

Nurse

Magician

Clown

Tribal Hunter

Tribal Hunter

Wrestler

Wrestler

Clown

Clown

Tribal Hunter

Spaceman

Column 3, front to back

Ninja

Nurse

Ninja

Ninja

Forestman

Forestman

Robot

Robot

Robot

Caveman

Magician

Magician

Spaceman

Forestman

Zombie

Diver

Skater

Nurse

Ninja

Ninja

I've been pretty busy, so I haven't had time to report in on my box from Entertainment Earth. I did receive it last week, and the assortment was identical to all the other reported ones. However, I actually opened all of the packs in order, starting with the first column on the left and working my way front to back. Has anyone else done this? I was wondering if each case is packed in exactly the same fashion. Here's my case's loadout:

Column 1, front to back

Cowboy

Cowboy

Caveman

Caveman

Dummy

Dummy

Dummy

Dummy

Magician

Dummy

Forestman

Skater

Skater

Caveman

Cheerleader

Cheerleader

Cheerleader

Cowboy

Cowboy

Wrestler

Column 2, front to back

Spaceman

Spaceman

Zombie

Diver

Diver

Zombie

Diver

Robot

Diver

Nurse

Magician

Clown

Tribal Hunter

Tribal Hunter

Wrestler

Wrestler

Clown

Clown

Tribal Hunter

Spaceman

Column 3, front to back

Ninja

Nurse

Ninja

Ninja

Forestman

Forestman

Robot

Robot

Robot

Caveman

Magician

Magician

Spaceman

Forestman

Zombie

Diver

Skater

Nurse

Ninja

Ninja

No, I have not done such thing at home but I noticed that in the stores I found similar combinations when I worked my way front to back i.e. finding cheerleader after cheerleader while I was expecting something else for a change. That is of course only the case when the box ain't picked by other barcode users or refilled by staff with leftovers (divers, demolition dummies, etc.) from an almost empty second box.

I don't know whether these have been already posted here, but here is a link to very detailed pictures of every minifig of series 2.

Does anyone know when series 3 will be released? I can see them being released around Christmas time or with the January sets. Or maybe they will even wait until the spring...

I would imagine we would get some pictures/info within the next month or so...

Til now we haven't got any confirmation that there'll be a third series, darthperson.

It's very supposably that there'll be a third series since TLG asked for our ideas - but since they firstly asked about some weeks ago, the question is whether they'll be aible to judge for some of these ideas and produce them during 3/4 year.

If there were new minifig series in 2011, the first (or only one) would surely be released at a date similar to this year's first seriies - namely May.

But whether there'll be a new series, we'll surely firstly know this fall - and pictures surely will firstly appear at the beginning of 2011.

Klaus-Dieter