CopMike

VIP Program Release info

Really good insider info Copmike, thanks. If only I had better access to a Lego store (less than 4 hour car journey) I would definately use the scheme.

Well, I don't think I like this change now. :hmpf_bad: I live in Canada and at least with the stamp system, I could collect and redeem them when I had enough. Looks like the stamps on my card are useless now. I guess the next time I am at a Lego store I will give my card to someone and let them have the value out of the stamps. At least I might get some good Karma out of it. :classic:

Edited by GC8Monkey

I suspect that the "Coming Soon" and "Watch this Space in 2010..." on the second to last page of the announcement is referring to it being usable on S@H, next year. (And I have heard as such from "insiders.") :classic:

I truly am having a hard time believing what I am reading on these forums. :hmpf_bad:

Here is the truth... mathematically speaking. If you spend from $1 to $24 or between $38 and $49 the new VIP system is better for you. However, from $25 to $37 and anything over $50 you will be losing money all the way to infinity with the new VIP system. The more over $50 you go the worse it gets for us and it doesn't matter where you fall inbetween the $25 amounts of the current stamp cards.

For those of you that spend in those very narrow ranges I say kudos to you, you are now a VIP. I also say you don't need a discount at all cuz you spend very little money on lego. I will be losing a lot of money on this new system. I hardly ever spend less than $100.00 at a lego store and have spent over a $1000.00 at one time. When I would purchase large amounts of lego the staff would often give me an extra stamp or two. They would also do this when I was close to another $25 cutoff. This new system is automated and we won't get any extras at all.

I do not doubt that TLG is doing this to eliminate the extra stamps the employees would give out to some of the loyal customers. TLG also changed this to obviously make more money. By the way lego accountants can do math too!

I don't mean to belittle anyone else who posted. This obviously does not apply to the kids on this forum. Who drives to the mall using a couple of gallons of gas to buy less than $25.00 worth of lego? The gasoline alone is a 10 - 20% markup right off the bat. And that is if you live within 20-40 miles of a lego store. I go about 5-10 times per year and spend like an idiot when I do. It costs me $5 to $10 dollars in gas depending on which store I go to and it makes no sense to spend very little on lego when I get there.

Ooh!!! but the whole family can get points. What kept your family from getting stamp cards in the past at lego stores?

Lego has not made me feel like a VIP. :thumbdown: I will do most of my purchasing during conventions when I get my 20% off.

As for the extras we get with the new VIP program we will have to wait and see if any of those pay off. I doubt they will.

I do admit, If this includes online purchases that will help a lot of people but certainly not people who live close to lego stores. I don't order online with access to 4 chicagoland stores. The shipping cost is nuts.

Now that the facts are out will there be cheers or jeers?

vip.LEGO.com is up now! :sweet:

There is a question in the FAQs that may interest all of you:

Can I earn VIP Points for shopping online at shop.LEGO.com?

Not at the moment. LEGO VIP is currently only available in LEGO Stores, but we plan to launch the program for orders placed though the online store, catalogue and phone orders in the near future.

If this does happen, the VIP card will be much, much better than the loyalty card! :sweet:

I have got my card in fornt of me now and need another 17 points before I have 100. I never bothered signing up for the stamp card so I can't compare them but this is good for me.

At first I went in and bought some items and the friendly man set up the card and made good sense without getting boring. Then later I went back in to get some more stuff and the woman that I paid gave me a long lecture about the card and It got really annoying. Anyway they are shiny :sweet:

If this does happen, the VIP card will be much, much better than the loyalty card! :sweet:

If they launch it for S@H as well, I sure hope they will also start offering it for countries without physical Lego stores (like The Netherlands).

While I was at my store in Cincinnati yesterday they said I could sign up because there was some kind of glith! :hmpf: This happen to other unfortunate souls? :sceptic:

You were able to sign up because of the glitch? That's very strange. :tongue:

Anyway, I am two stamps away from the $20 gift card, so if I join VIP now, do I get 350 points? If not, until when do I have to use up my stamp card?

You were able to sign up because of the glitch? That's very strange. :tongue:

Anyway, I am two stamps away from the $20 gift card, so if I join VIP now, do I get 350 points? If not, until when do I have to use up my stamp card?

Oops. :blush: I couldn't sign up because of the glitch. :wink: That is is good question. I'm a few stamps away form getting a $20 buck card. I don't know. I'm really interested in an answer. :sweet:

So, does anyone have an answer to this or what?

I don't mean to be pushy, but I'd like to know this before the deadline for the bonus 50 points is over (which is Nov 8).

So, does anyone have an answer to this or what?

I don't mean to be pushy, but I'd like to know this before the deadline for the bonus 50 points is over (which is Nov 8).

Didn't see this, but yes they do get converted but you need to talk to a store associate for more info on that.

Never mind. Since nobody replied, I just went ahead and had the stamps converted to points. I now have 350 points on my account, but for some reason $0.00 reward value. :hmpf_bad: I kinda regret not just using up my card now. But maybe some larger reward than a $20 gift card will become available when I reach a certain number of points.

Does anyone know what other rewards there are?

The only reward is money I think. The $0.00 on your recipt meant you had to complete your signing up online I think.

You misunderstood me completely. The $0 is what it says on my online account, and with "other rewards" I meant other than the 5 and 10 dollar gift cards, such as a 20 or 40 dollar gift card. They talk about "bigger rewards" in the brochure, but they don't say what those are. Maybe I should just ask customer service this question.

Although I felt annoyed at first, the VIP program is starting to grow on me. Especially since its a point-to-dollar system and we are able to earn extras.

But still, I have a few gripes. I usually buy 50 or 100 sets, so the $25 was never a problem for me. And now we only get $20 back instead of $30 for a $200 purchase. But, It seems it will be much easier to get points, so it kind of equals out.

Furthermore, I don't really understand why points should expire. Sure, 24 months is a lot, but still...

I think they only want to include their loyal customers (heck, it is called the VIP program after all!). Not to the mom's who stop by to get a present for the birthday party their kid is going to in 5 minutes.

Edited by Brick Floyd

Well, it turns out that even though my online account showed $0, I did have the cash reward. I used it on my last purchase in the Lego store.

I got my VIP card 2 weeks ago at the Honolulu LEGO store! :classic:

25 Bonus points for doing a survey!

25 Bonus points for finishing the online registration!

After some purchases I am 18 points away from the 1st award!

Hopefully I will visit again soon and they will have the 2010 sets :grin:

Give me the stamps back!

I Have been trying to register for this VIP thing for over a week now. I have wasted a lot of time on this. :angry:

The people in the Lego store appear to have messed up my name.

Eventough I showed them my megablocking passport. :angry:

I have had contact with the costumer service and the error should have been corrected, but it still does not work.

My error is:

======================================================

Your form could not be submitted for the following reasons:

The card number you have supplied does not match the details we have. Please check the card number and ensure the name you typed matches the name you supplied in store. If you continue to experience problems please contact LEGO Customer Service

======================================================

This is irritating me beyond believe. I actually feel insulted a lot for them screwing my name.

All in all the registration process megablocks.

I should be able to register on a computer myself, or to double check, to make sure it is done correctly.

Has anybody else experienced similar problems?

I got my VIP card 2 weeks ago at the Honolulu LEGO store! :classic:

25 Bonus points for doing a survey!

25 Bonus points for finishing the online registration!

After some purchases I am 18 points away from the 1st award!

Hopefully I will visit again soon and they will have the 2010 sets :grin:

where's this survey? is it still available? :)

I joined the VIP program today at the Burlington, Massachusetts store, and just finished the survey on my receipt. No 25 point bonus for me :cry_sad: But I did get the 25 point registration bonus.

Peter

any news on when these points will be awarded for S@H purchases ?

When I visited the Burlington, MA store yesterday, the clerk told us it would be "in the next quarter", so hopefully by the end of June.

Peter

I have had contact with the costumer service and the error should have been corrected, but it still does not work.

What's the process for "contacting" customer service? Since it still doesn't work, I can only assume that you sent an e-mail (or something similarly not real-time), and received the same type of communication back? I would advise contacting them again and asking that they phone you, and/or phone them. Plus, be sure to get the name of the person that you talk to-- it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get them fired or anything, but operators often "perk up" when you ask for their name.

This is irritating me beyond believe. I actually feel insulted a lot for them screwing my name.

All in all the registration process megablocks.

I should be able to register on a computer myself, or to double check, to make sure it is done correctly.

Has anybody else experienced similar problems?

I'm surprised, actually. I don't remember having to match my details, but it's been a while since I did it. I would think they'd just give you the physical card, and then let YOU enter whatever-the-hell-name you wanted when you registered it. OR, enter it in-store (so that there's less chance of people submitting fake names), but then just let you register it without entering your name. Either way, so long as you didn't have to have conflicting text fields match up "precisely", which is just ASKING for trouble.

DaveE