Sign in to follow this  
BrickMonster MonsterBrick

What's your favorite LEGO license theme so far?

What's your favourite theme?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one!

• Batman
    • Ben 10
    • Ferrari
    • Harry Potter
    • Indiana Jones
    • Jurassic Park 3
    • Prince of Persia
    • Speed Racer
    • Spider Man
    • Spongebob
    • Toy Story
    • Mickey Mouse

Toy Story. Normally, I don't go for licenses at all, due to the extra cost, but I'm really digging the looks of this. Hopefully it'll be in line with existing licensed prices because I have my eye on - gasp! - two of the sets.

By the way, you missed Spongebob, Avatar and Harry Potter.

Edited by Dunjohn

Isn't it a bit early to ask this? I mean, two out of the six themes you listed aren't even released yet. And why aren't Avatar, SpongeBob, or Harry Potter options?

For me, it's very hard to choose. Obviously, I love SW. SW is awesome, and combined with Lego, it's pure awesomeness. :thumbup: Harry Potter was a very nice theme too, though, with great figs and parts. But now we have Toy Story coming out, a theme that I have been dreaming of since I was a little kid. :cry_happy:

I think for now, I'll have to go with SW, but once all the TS sets are out, I might change my mind. :grin:

Star Wars for sure. Almost all my sets are Star Wars.

Then Indiana Jones for sure, all the sets have been awesome, I just wish I had more money for them.

After that, none of the licenses really do anything for me. I would definetaly love a set if I got it because it's LEGO, but I don't plan on buying any others.

Licensed themes for Lego so far include Avatar, Batman, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park 3, Prince of Persia, Speed Racer, Spiderman, Spongebob Squarepants, Star Wars and Toy Story. Additionally, Lego has produced licensed sets for various corporations such as Shell. Finally, there are also additional licenses for Duplo.

Batman is my favourite, followed by Indy. I do however recognise objectively that Batman was pretty mediocre in its second and third years, but I love it so much anyway.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Licensed themes for Lego so far include Avatar, Batman, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park 3, Prince of Persia, Speed Racer, Spiderman, Spongebob Squarepants, Star Wars and Toy Story. Additionally, Lego has produced licensed sets for various corporations such as Shell. Finally, there are also additional licenses for Duplo.

You forgot Ben 10. :wink: I highly doubt it'll get any votes, but it should be mentioned just to be fair. :grin: And Ferrari too.

So, how 'bout that poll, svelte? :sweet:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Hello!

Yes, there are quite some themes missing. Maybe it should be a general Disney® theme instead of Toy Story, as there were Mickey Mouse sets before, around the year 2000. :classic:

Here is the link to a list with licenses themes and release/end dates:

LEGO

Edited by Legostein

Indiana Jones, just because I love the Indiana Jones movies more than anything else. I love the vintage cars and planes that come with the sets, also the range of minifigs. Also, unlike things like Harry Potter and Star Wars, it hasn't changed dramatically since the first sets were introduced.

After that I'd have to say Star Wars. I'd love to have the enormous Millenium Falcon set.

I lose interest after that. I like the Toy Story movies but it's unlikely to be an ongoing range, so I'll pass on it. Also there are so many characters that belong to other companies that will never be made into Lego toys. I may get the army men, just for the novelty, but that's it.

You forgot Ben 10. :wink: I highly doubt it'll get any votes, but it should be mentioned just to be fair. :grin: And Ferrari too.

Ferrari would be covered under the "Lego has produced licensed sets for various corporations such as Shell." Ben 10 doesn't look like Lego system sets and so I'm hesitant to say if it's Lego, Duplo or some monstrosity like Galidor.

Star Wars for me but it will be interesting to know the popularity of the different licensed theme and which is the most popular licensed theme. To be fair it might be best to limit it to themes that been released since any views we have on the new themes won't be based on personal experience with building them and playing with them. To my mind, it won't be comparing apples with apples?

1. Star Wars

2. Batman

3. SpongeBob

4. Indiana

The list will probably change when I purchase a couple Toy Story sets. I think Toy Story will make it to number 2 on the list.

Sorry for being late! It was a long weekend here in Aus.

Star Wars dominates everything, so I've left it off the poll :wink: (You've got a whole forum to talk about SW stuff, so I prefer to keep discussion focussed on other licenses in this forum). I've left Duplo off too and kept it to system - if someone wants to create a separate topic for that one, go ahead!

I put these all in alphabetical order but I'm sure someone will be along to remind me which one I've forgotten to put it all out of whack! :laugh:

For me, it's Indiana Jones hands down! The minifigs are amazing :wub: and the vast majority of sets are well-designed and beautiful, packed with play features without sacrificing the aesthetics. They're not perfect, but I think they're generally more consistent and appealing than the mixed bag of Harry Potter sets (which would probably be my number 2 at this stage). When I saw all the great pics in The Lego Book over a 2 page spread, it made me want to rush out and buy more of each! This really is a beautiful theme.

For me, it's Indiana Jones hands down! The minifigs are amazing :wub: and the vast majority of sets are well-designed and beautiful, packed with play features without sacrificing the aesthetics.

That about sums it up. I vote for Indy!

It was really hard to choose between HP and IJ but finally I went for Harry Potter :thumbup:

I think it's a bit unfair to include the 2010 themes in the poll, no one has any of the sets and we have only seen pic of one PoP set so far.

Prince of Persia because it's the closest one to historical. I think some Indy and Potter sets were quite good too, but so far I don't buy licenced themes at all.

I would vote for Indiana Jones because the minifigs and sets are quite nice, some have been rather disappointing but I recently brought 7198 Fighter plane attack, yes it was a bit over priced but the set has a great MOC possibbility and great playability. I was quite supprissed that TLC would put the lufwaffa symbol in the set beause I thought that they were an anti war company; the bi-plane is the best looking, the other plane isnt that great but its ok. Aynway Thats of topic, Indiana Jones would be the best theme.

The first licensed set I got was Speed Racer's Mach 5 (with Snake Oiler) because it looked awesome and was priced decently. Price is what keeps me away from licensed Lego, so I have very little. I voted for Toy Story, though, because that looks rather swell.

Star Wars is number one, but only for the sets from the films. The Clone Wars sets and Expanded Universe sets are junk IMHO.

If I had the figures, Avatar would be amongst my avourite themes. But more for building. It's a theme with many possibilities, but TLG never used them. Instead, they only released two sets, which were only released in northern America.

I voted for Spider-Man. The sets are recognizable and well designed.

With Str Wars excluded, I voted for Indy because there's some really nice minifigures/sets and of the remaining licensed theme I enjoyed the Indy movies more than Batman, HP etc etc.

Edited by Fumoffu

Batman is what I voted for, definitely a great line. Although the 2007 sets were a bit weak, I thought they brought it back strong in 2008. I'm still really mad it was discontinued. I'm wondering, why is Jurassic Park 3 on the poll? :wacko:

^ Look here

Indiana Jones all the way! It used to be a pain building 1930s era cars with the Adventurers style grilles and pieces

Edited by samthelegoman1

Star Wars dominates everything, so I've left it off the poll :wink:

Thanks for the poll, Svelte. Now that SW is out of the picture (which is good), I had to decide between Harry Potter and Toy Story, and I ended up voting for the latter, mostly because Harry Potter was such a "mixed bag" as you said. Toy Story can be called a mixed bag too since none of the sets share the same color scheme, but that's kind of what makes it so great. Besides, I love Toy Story, and I love how TLG made it into sets.

I must admit that Indy is a great theme too as it has some great figs (although they're fleshie) and set designs. But somehow most of the sets haven't been attractive enough for me to get them.

Avatar was also great, but it's hard judge a theme with only two sets. I really wish I had those sets. :cry_sad:

I've left Duplo off too and kept it to system

So... Ben 10 counts as System then? :look:

I'm wondering, why is Jurassic Park 3 on the poll? :wacko:

Because. :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I voted Batman and as an extension - Spidey! I want more super heroes and villains out there on the streets!