hplegolover91

HARRY POTTER 2010!

If you were like me and bummed when you went to Lego.com and found that Harry Potter wasn't on the list of 'products' anymore?then sit down and try not to pee your pants!The other day i emailed lego-you can do that through there customer service-and asked "if Lego cancelled the Harry Potter license,why are they coming out with the video game,does lego still have the liscence?"This was the answer."Due to the comments and feedback from our fans of all ages, LEGO has decided to bring back the Harry Potter theme. The new game is anticipated for release in the spring along with information on upcoming sets." :wub:

Edited by hplegolover91

I've moved this into the Licensed, since that's where Harry Potter discussion belongs.

Personally I don't believe Lego would announce this news via a customer service response and we've seen and heard nothing which suggests that the theme is to be revived, but I'll leave this open for discussion for the time being.

That does sound nice, but I don't think that anyone will really believe you, since you just joined a few minutes ago. I'll ask LEGO Customer Service myself just in case. :wink:

Personally I don't believe Lego would announce this news via a customer service response and we've seen and heard nothing which suggests that the theme is to be revived, but I'll leave this open for discussion for the time being.

I shared the same sentiments with you....

"If" I could only remember where is that topic that was mentioned by Steve Witt, telling us that the Harry Potter license is no longer in production or pending for any future release, posed by LEGO fans question to him this year. That's the reason why most of us don't really believe it will ever come back.

You might want to get yourself familarise with the Site Guidelines since you are new here.

Welcome to Eurobricks too.

I think that there might be some truth to this. I read an interview with some one from TLC in a danish news paper some time ago, and he said that they were considering bringing back the Harry Potter series. I'll update this when I find the article.

Update:

Here is the article in danish: Link and translated using google translator: Link

Although it's a strange place to here it, the fact that there will be a new Harry Potter video game makes it highly likely that there will be a new range of sets, or at least key-chains and such. What would be the benefit for Traveler's Tales and LEGO to make a LEGO video game without associated sets to buy from?

Thanks Christian! It will be very much appericated. :classic:

I've updated my previous post with links.

Very interesting news.....

Personally, I was an avid fan of the HP series, and I didn't miss a single year. I'd love for it to come back, and the release of the Video Game and the new article Christian posted (thanks! :classic: ) definitely seem likely.

As for new set ideas- my brain is filling with ideas.

thanks for backing me up Christian.people,i wouldn't join just to spread lies,i'm to old for that crap.i didnt believe it quite myself,because i remember that 'podcast' thing but lego wouldnt lie to a customer.

When has LEGO ever lied to a customer? :O Maybe a picture of the email could improve peoples negativity.. and.. Welcome to EuroBricks. :pirate:

Interesting news.

Please do review the site guidelines hplegolover91! You are more than welcome to post this information, but please use some grammar while here. If you really are "old enough", then I'm sure you can look at your previous posts and see what I mean? Choosing to write something the way you did can lead many to think that these are just made up rumors.

Thank you.

Interesting news.

Please do review the site guidelines hplegolover91! You are more than welcome to post this information, but please use some grammar while here. If you really are "old enough", then I'm sure you can look at your previous posts and see what I mean? Choosing to write something the way you did can lead many to think that these are just made up rumors.

Thank you.

Let me remind everybody this is a bunch of teens and adults talking about Legos,not English glass.With all respect,you can write with you grammar but just don't tell me how to write.Thank you.Sorry if i offended you.

P.S. I read the "site guidlines."

Let me remind everybody this is a bunch of teens and adults talking about Legos,not English glass.With all respect,you can write with you grammar but just don't tell me how to write.Thank you.Sorry if i offended you.

If you had read the site guidelines, you would know that EB is an AFOL site and while we don't expect perfection, we do expect certain levels of grammatical correctness. For a start, proper spacing between sentences is appreciated, as is capitalisation and correct spelling. Whilst we are very welcoming to new members, we do maintain certain standards to ensure the site is pleasurable and enjoyable to read for everyone. Thanks.

I doubt it. :sadnew:

Although I'd like to see it come back (mainly for the fleshie figs & cool pieces. :tongue: )

I really don't think its gonna happen. And the way this information came here doesn't help its case.

I wasn't thinking that HP would return but look at this, Mads Nipper himself is saying in an article only a few months ago that LEGO is considering bringing back the line. There's still hope, it would seem. I assume that if LEGO brought back the line, they'd do an Indy and make sets based on the whole series. Maybe they wouldn't do the darker books though, since the game is only years 1-4. That would make sense from a marketing point of view.

As reliable as CS can be, I wouldn't hold much of it. Could just be a simple misinterpretation on their end, or yours.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

I'll believe it when I see it. I sure hope they (TLC) do bring back the HP license, but I'm not holding my breath.

It would be very stupid of TLG if they cancelled the HP line.

Because when the video game is released, people want to buy HP lego. (I had the same with Indiana Jones. :tongue:)

Edited by saberwing

Well if they do, its my chance to bolster my castle collection with HP stuff. Now I can have wizards.

This would definitely soften the blow of no new Indy. (and then some :classic:)

As much as I want to believe you, I am remaining cautious about doing so. I suppose the video game would increase the chances of a revival, though.

We'll see... :wink:

I don't think an attitude like that is going to impress anyone.

Good info if it's true, I liked the HP series.