Sign in to follow this  
Piranha

LEGO Marvel or DC

Lego DC or Marvel  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you like LEGO to make?

• Marvel
    • DC
    • Both
    • other

I'd ban the author of this topic for trolling! ) Just joking! :laugh:

Hehe, I only tried to sway popular opinion by a few lines :tongue:

Anyway, Marvel owned by Disney? Great, now LEGO, get a license deal, throw batman out (if they haven't already)

Batman had a great run, we got a tumbler and some cool stuff :thumbup:

Iron Man 2 is coming out in the future, I think making a license deal to make sets from the films would be a great start!

Let the theme run for a year then discontinue and get another deal, I would be happy with such compromises :classic:

I'm not big on either. As brands both DC and Marvel are fantastic but I'm not keen on either as a licence. While both present great sources for minifigs the sets themselves are essentially throw-away. Batman is a bit different if only because he is one of the few characters who focuses heavily on both vehicles and locations making for a great theme. The Batmobile, Arkham, and the Batcave are every bit as iconic as Batman himself. I simply don't have alot of interest in dull playsets designed to push figures. The Spider-Man theme certainly is an example of a line that was utterly lackluster save for the figures themselves.

I voted for both because I am a fan of comic book superheroes in general. I like characters from DC & Marvel so I win either way. But I'd really like to see Beast from the X-men in his blue-ape form (not the cat one) and the 5 original X-men done...hm, come to think of it I should have voted Marvel :(

I kinda disagree on that subject. Other than the Fortress of Solitude LEGO could also create the Daily Planet, the LexCorp building and, if they're going a bit more into the Smallville direction, the Kent farm, LuthorCorp Plaza, and Luthor Mansion. To be true, that's all I can think of (for now) but I think that could be possible.

As for Batman, I agree not much more can be made, except for perhaps the Gotham Police headquarters, since the Batcave and Arkham Asylum have already been made. Although a Wayne Manor would be possible, and perhaps a Wayne Enterprise building.

Greetings,

CF W

I am in 100% agreement with you. The Fortress of Solitude would be excellent, but there is one thing that would top it: The JLA Watchtower. Throw in the HQ of the Secret Society and a Javelin ship, and you have the potential for one nice run. There's also the Green Lantern Corps (trans-green ship, anyone!?). We could also get the ship that Supergirl came in, complete with (trans?)green Aquazone crystals to serve as Kryptonite. The lair of Darkseid.

Marvel has no shortage of ideas, either. The X-Mansion, the Avengers Mansion, Galactus (complete with a Silver Surfer minifig), X-Jet, The Baxter Building, a SHIELD helicarrier... I can go on.

So glad there was a "both" choice as I'm a fan of pretty much all comics characters. Love to get a Supes and the rest of the JLA, some Green Lantern Corps members with those fancy new "alien" heads floating around, and maybe even Swamp Thing and Resurrection Man! If it was a Marvel or DC option, I would have chosen Marvel in a second. I've already professed my love of Iron Man elsewhere, but DC heroes and villains would be cool as well.

Who knows? With Marvel putting out some decent movies maybe the options for MF's in spandex and capes will increase...

Whoa - didn't realize how old this thread was...

Edited by Dadster

Return of the lego Batman(DC).Avengers(Marvel)will be good too.But if Disney bought Marvel,and lego have a deal with them(Disney),so lego will make Marvel theme :wacko:

Obviously DC for me, though my opinion can be discounted because of the obvious bias inherent.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Me I want something that would never arrived....

Image minifigs! Spawn, Sam and Twitch, Violator etc... (exactly only Spawn, not the other like Youngblood or Wildcats... Witchblade, walking dead and Pitt schould be good to... For adults only!)

I vote for other! But I also like the story "Marvel Zombies"... And that will never be possible too...

I think Batman has the most options for sets, as you've got all his "wonderful toys" and the Batcave, as well as all of his villains' wacky vehicles. There's a lot of other heroes I would like to see in minifig form, but not many that have interesting sets they could come with.

I voted both. I'm more partial to Marvel comics but I'd also like to see Batman sets make a return.

Not to mention I'd kill to have Watchmen sets. =P

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but marvel has been bought by disney, and with the new lego license of disney, we may see marvel orientated sets in the future, so I voted for marvel becuase there might be a chance of actually seeing this in the future!

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but marvel has been bought by disney, and with the new lego license of disney, we may see marvel orientated sets in the future, so I voted for marvel becuase there might be a chance of actually seeing this in the future!

Lego has a license with Disney? When did this happen? o_O

edit: oh yeah toy story lol

Edited by Aho Midarezaki

yeah the fact that Lego is now with Disney makes marvel sets more likely tto happen. and think of it while batman has allot of gadgets and stuff think of the guys dc has justice league sets i don't know , teen titans naw there isn't too many sets that would work for lego. marvel on the other hand has spider-man(Lego has all ready made spidey sets), fantastic 4, x-men and ironman (which has a movie coming out this year.)

Edited by ultra hamster

Well, I should only choose one, since that would seem the most likely...

DC has Batman, a Lego line that I made a big mistake skipping, but Marvel has Deadpool...

...F*ck it, both.

I'm just thinking, since Disney bought Marvel not so long ago and Disney signed some licences with Lego... Maybe we can have hope for some sets...

Marvel please. With Batman complete, the richest part of the DC Universe has already been mined. I think there's a ton more interesting possibilities over at Marvel, including Blackbird Jets and Quinjets!

I've already got my eye on Buzz's ship for a modified quinjet. And those "A" stickers from the Agents' line? Perfect for the Avengers' logo.

Yeah guys, just cuz Disney bought Marvel doesn't increase chances of Marvel sets. Lego would still have to get the license from Marvel Comics, as they own the rights to the characters. This is similar to how Lego got the license from DC comics for Batman and not Warner Bros, the company that owns them.

-Omi

Yeah guys, just cuz Disney bought Marvel doesn't increase chances of Marvel sets. Lego would still have to get the license from Marvel Comics, as they own the rights to the characters. This is similar to how Lego got the license from DC comics for Batman and not Warner Bros, the company that owns them.

-Omi

I think the difference is that Marvel sold is whole catalog of characters to Disney for around 4 Billions...

The only thing with movies majors is that they have a contract saying : has long has you do movies, you keep the rights.

That's why Sony is rebooting Spider-man by the way... Even though it's useless, they want to make more money before to lose the rights. But Marvel belongs to Disney now.

Nothing to do with DC Comics and Warner, it's different. They are like Sony and Marvel before. Now Disney has the rights on almost everything.

I think the difference is that Marvel sold is whole catalog of characters to Disney for around 4 Billions...

The only thing with movies majors is that they have a contract saying : has long has you do movies, you keep the rights.

That's why Sony is rebooting Spider-man by the way... Even though it's useless, they want to make more money before to lose the rights. But Marvel belongs to Disney now.

Nothing to do with DC Comics and Warner, it's different. They are like Sony and Marvel before. Now Disney has the rights on almost everything.

Warner Bros owns DC just the same way Disney owns Marvel, except that the comic characters are owned solely by the comics and not the parent company.

Marvel

Scroll all the way down and look at the copyright.

"All contents ™ and © 2010 Marvel Characters, Inc., unless otherwise noted herein. All rights reserved."

-Omi

being a lifelong DC fan, I gotta give my vote to DC.

Minimates take care of the Marvel block figure need just fine, but DC needs the love.

I dunno about you guys, but I'd much prefer an Incredibles line to either Marvel or DC. Seriously, as people like Batbrick have said, the figures would be brilliant, and there's plenty of ideas for buildings and playsets. We could have the Omnidroid, the flying disks, Mr. Incredible's transforming car, etc. Now that's one disney line I'd invest in for sure. :thumbup:

If I had to chose between Marvel and DC, though, I'd definitely pick Marvel, mainly because I'd love to see a range of Spiderman figures as great as the ones we got in the Batman line. But, it will never happen, as Spiderman is not vehicle friendy like Batman is. :tongue:

Now if Lego made their own super hero line, with all the tropes of superhero stories, that would be awesome.

That is an awesome idea. In fact, this could be the perfect sucessor to Agents - and if done with the same quality as that line, we could expect to see lots of incredible fiigures and vehicles. :sweet: