Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Now taking YOUR ideas for NEW PARTS - LAST DAYS!

I think that TLG needs some more food and drink items, perhaps a tankard (not a coffee mug), or even something like a sandwich for some of the other themes. I am starting to get tired of just using goblets and turkey legs in my creations. One other food item can be a loaf of bread, not one of the giant loaves that they have now (baquettes?) One other thing I was thinking of is perhaps a sticker for a 1X2 tile with silverware on it, or even just printed on it. This could make some city sets a little more detailed and realistic.

We've seen the new "half-arches" in the new Grand Emporium (right under the ceiling there are a lot of those new bricks used).

I love those, but they also drove me to the idea to aks for another kind of arch:

Problem is how well do these arches fit into the Pirate thematic? They might be useful in a church but in terms of general use, would Pirate MOCers find these useful?

I'll let the Pirate MOCers answer that.

Sorry, I was not the one who had the idea and asked for the part. Maydayartist is the person who asked for the part.

I saw it and thought "wow that's cool, I would like to have some of those to build with".

Yes, right you are! Well Maydayartist can clarify if he wishes.

I think that TLG needs some more food and drink items, perhaps a tankard (not a coffee mug)

Ah yes, the tankard! Now that would work particularly well in the Pirate theme.

Tankard ON.

I would love to see a tankard. As said by Admiral Ron and Phes that would really fit in well in the Pirates theme, of course it can also be used into a broader arrange of themes, I am thinking of Vikings and some other medieval cultures, perhaps even for some more 'barbaric' civilisations like some of the Celtics tribes.

This one sure gets my support :thumbup: .

Hmm... my one seems to fit the description, as far as I can see. All the same, I'll PM Maydayartist to see if it's what he had in mind.

My list is long but feel free to pick ur faves.

1 A variety of hats, the pirates of the caribbean films show that there a great number of Pirate hats that LEGO still haven't caught onto, they could release a tricorn hat with a white rim on it. In the LEGO pirate boardgame the artwork even included a horn peaked cap...

2544.gif but with ---> 2528pb02.jpg pattern

2 Captain's weapons, i dont think they should go gun crazy like they did with star wars or indiana jones but 1 more expensive looking cutlass or 1 more elaborate captains pistol maybe?

french_flintlock_pistol_rep.jpg

3 Smaller Cannons, as great as the current cannons are they are as wide and long as a man and could be smaller.

4 More Sails, They could release a set with a variety of saisl in so we (and the kids) can customise our ships.

5 Powdered wigs, Maybe two different designs - a long one for a governor and a short one for officers

6 More torsos, I personally prefer the old imperail torsos but would like to see more than just two ranks. Maybe another inbetween?

7 Compass, A hand held compass would be nice even if is just a 1x1 tile with a compass printed on it. I know there is already a working lego compass but its too bulky!

3070b.jpg with a compass pattern

8 Long Inverted Slopes, See picture, those but inverted... they would be good for hulls.

3684bthis.jpg

agree?

Problem is how well do these arches fit into the Pirate thematic? They might be useful in a church but in terms of general use, would Pirate MOCers find these useful?

I'll let the Pirate MOCers answer that.

They would fit with buildings for example, but I have to agree, it would better fit in other themes like city/modular houses/creator.

The problem is: There is no such thread outside the pirate world. :pir_bawling:

The problem is: There is no such thread outside the pirate world. :pir_bawling:

The other Eurobricks Forums better get themselves proactive LEGO Ambassadors then. :pir-grin:

But the decision isn't mine alone so lets see what everyone else thinks. Although, its important we don't bombard the LEGO Group with non-relevant part requests, that would undermine the purpose here.

I really like to see a hat like this one.

EDIT: I have moved the picture to my last post in order to consolodate.

Edited by bengun

I would like to see a hat like this one. :pir-sweet:

Kind of like this?

BTW, I love the tankard idea from earlier. It could go with vikings and castles so well.

Maybe another foodstuff could be... a generic, round bun, maybe with two lines, one vertical and one horizontal, indented on the top. It could go in almost every other theme as well, and would be appropriate rations for a long-term voyage.

Kind of like this?

No, because of the indents on the crown of that hat. The Johnny Thunder hat just looks too modern. :pir-sceptic: I wanted a hat that kind of looks like the three musketeers or like what Will is wearing. :pir-classic:

Edited by bengun

No, because of the indents on the crown of that hat. The Johnny Thunder hat just looks too modern. :pir-sceptic: I wanted a hat that kind of looks like the three musketeers or like what will is wearing. :pir-classic:

I actually know exactly what you mean, and I've wanted to mention it here for a long time but it's been too hard finding pictures of what I'm thinking of... if I search for 'musketeer' it's much easier though. Something like this:

leather_hat_200552.jpg

I'd been searching for 'highwayman hat', which mostly comes up with tricorns.

Ok, we have outside corners for 75 degree slopes.

http://www.bricklink.com/PL/3685.gif?0

But the problem is they are all old parts and they cost between 3 and 10 dollars for each brick! So I would like to see those get made again.

Second, how about the inverted? (Concave instead of convex as Bricklink would say)

http://www.bricklink.com/PL/3046a.jpg?1

(Above except in 75 degree)

If you want to make an inside corner and you need a 75 degree slope, this brick is essential. So far, it doesn't exist. It does for every other slope, just not this one.

Know what I mean? Us Fort builders would die for some of these.

Thanks for your time.

-martinsuper

I would like to see a hat like this one. :pir-sweet:

Very good! I'd been thinking of those myself.

Ok, we have outside corners for 75 degree slopes.

http://www.bricklink.com/PL/3685.gif?0

But the problem is they are all old parts and they cost between 3 and 10 dollars for each brick! So I would like to see those get made again.

What's the official name for those?

Second, how about the inverted? (Concave instead of convex as Bricklink would say)

http://www.bricklink.com/PL/3046a.jpg?1

(Above except in 75 degree)

If you want to make an inside corner and you need a 75 degree slope, this brick is essential. So far, it doesn't exist. It does for every other slope, just not this one.

That seems like a job for the SlyOwl illustration department!

One part suggestion that's not specific to the Pirate theme but could be useful nevertheless is a 1x1 round tile, has it been brought up already? It could be used in a Pirate setting as a different type of money/treasure (different possible colors/printing or even um... stickers?) but more importantly for MOCers as a decorative element, as rocks on roads and buildings (could be alternated with regular 1x1 round plates for variety)... And of course both opaque and transparent 1x1 round tiles could also be used in most other themes (City, Space, etc). It could even be used as a new kind of haircut if stuck on the head of our minifigs :pir_laugh2: Ok I'm sure you can think of better ideas!

One part suggestion that's not specific to the Pirate theme but could be useful nevertheless is a 1x1 round tile, has it been brought up already? It could be used in a Pirate setting as a different type of money/treasure (different possible colors/printing or even um... stickers?) but more importantly for MOCers as a decorative element, as rocks on roads and buildings (could be alternated with regular 1x1 round plates for variety)... And of course both opaque and transparent 1x1 round tiles could also be used in most other themes (City, Space, etc). It could even be used as a new kind of haircut if stuck on the head of our minifigs :pir_laugh2: Ok I'm sure you can think of better ideas!

totally agree, this brick would revolutionize MOCing. i've always thought about this brick.

One part suggestion that's not specific to the Pirate theme but could be useful nevertheless is a 1x1 round tile, has it been brought up already? It could be used in a Pirate setting as a different type of money/treasure (different possible colors/printing or even um... stickers?)

Just to make it more specific to pirates... it could have a compass printed on it. :pir-sweet:

Very good! I'd been thinking of those myself.

What's the official name for those?

That seems like a job for the SlyOwl illustration department!

We have 75 degree convex.

We need 75 concave.

Any chance this actually might become a reality Mister Phes? It would really expand my style of fort building to make a 360 firing "Cross" fort. Also, any chance of making the convex ones again in dark gray, light gray, and white for fort builders?

-martinsuper

Edited by martinsuper

Any chance this actually might become a reality Mister Phes?

I can't really say. Our LEGO Ambassador is the one who communicates with the LEGO Community Team and will be delivering this information to them, so he'd know more about the inner workings than me.

Any chance this actually might become a reality Mister Phes?

I'm not Mister Phes, but I'll try to answer your question.

Steve Witt of the LEGO Community team has promised that if ambassadors make a presentation for the part requests by their communities he'd deliver the presentation to the right people inside the company. These people will look into the suggestions but there's no guarantee any of them will every be produced. Also I can tell you that I'll be in Billund in 3 months from now and I'll be taking the presentation with me on my laptop.

That was the long answer. The short one is "maybe" :pir-classic:

I'm not Mister Phes, but I'll try to answer your question.

I know I know I know!

I appreciate your work on this and look forward to the possibilities! The concave 75 degree slope would really open up a whole lot more possibilities! I'm just not a fan of the "lean to" way of making 75 slope walls forts and would rather just use the brick the way it was supposed to be used!

-martinsuper

I would really like to see a more realistic flintlock pistol like this one. This is what I would like more than anything. Playmobil has a very good looking flintlock pistol and Lego is still using that old one that looks so childish.

I would also like to see a new musket with a bayonet. That would be really cool. The one that they are using now looks like a blunder musket which is basically a 18th century shotgun. I would like to see a better musket.

A new stern would be great. Using the bow as the stern does not look very realistic and I don't see why they can't come out with a good stern piece.

I would also like to see a different sword. Megabloks has a really cool sword and I don't see why Lego can't come out with a neat captain sword.

Finally I would like to see powdered wigs. But, I want to be able to put the hats on the wigs still. Having bald Lego people just doesn't make much sense especially since every one of Lego's competitors in the Pirates theme has powdered wigs.

I am sorry for posting multiple times on this thread. I will be removing my other posted images and I will be posting them on this post.

black-pearl-pirate-ship1.jpg

cavalier_hat.jpg

sword.jpg

s_282.jpg

v2_x3_s02_ss00_04.jpg

Edited by bengun

Id like to see a bigger variety in hulls, sterns and bows on ships. some of them even bigger that the current ones!

"ship pack" kinda set where you can get the variety of hulls 'n bows 'n sterns. And other accessories anyone who makes ships needs!

Smaller cannons, smaller treasure chests, more clothing for minifigs! a bigger variety than just capes! Like jackets etc...

Thats all i have in mind...

Id like to see a bigger variety in hulls, sterns and bows on ships. some of them even bigger that the current ones!

"ship pack" kinda set where you can get the variety of hulls 'n bows 'n sterns. And other accessories anyone who makes ships needs!

Your right, a variety in the sizes of hulls would be good. Maybe even some larger masts. Maybe some new stuff for making better bow decoration thingies or whatever they're called, instead of just using naked minifigs half the time.

The sad part is, lego announced that they are currently discontinuing the pirate line. So I'm not exactly sure what this topic is really for in the first place. But, like all good things in life, something retarded just comes along and screws everything up. Like the fact that the new sets have dark brown hull pieces, it would be nice if they were a normal brown like in the BSB

Edited by the_green_avenger