Sign in to follow this  
fp_lego

Tripy 8 Bit LEGO Brick Music Video

Well i hope i am posting this at the right place i just came across this Tripy 8Bit Lego Brick Music Video for you to watch.

http://www.wimp.com/createfilm/

Some really nice animation skills and patience to do something like this! Will bring back fond memories to afols using NES and othe 8Bit era electronics!

Wow! That guy worked for 1500 hours on that video! :oh3: Well, I for one think that all that effort relly payed off in the end. That video was just incredible. He definitely had some Lego talent. :thumbup:

Yeah, a friend just sent this to me. I've never seen anything like it before. :oh:

Edited by fallentomato

I was on Facebook and my friend posted this video:

Its amazing! :thumbup:

This would probably be better off in the Brick flicks fourm. I could never imagine spending 1500 hours moving aroubd bricks. It was interesting.

Excellent post Joey Lock!

Those memories... :cry_happy:

(Look what you've done. I feel old now... :cry_sad: )

That's amazing! I love all the 3D effects like the moving cube and the pong :thumbup:

That is simply amazing! I saw the video this morning, and I really made my day. It really took a long time, but man the result is amazing. :wub: And I thought it was crazy spending 4-5 hours on a single review. :tongue:

It's a truly spectacular movie, but it's already been posted in the Brickflicks forum. :wink:

Mabye but this is higher up in the Forum so more people can see it.

How funny, before seeing this topic I just saw this on Youtube. I Love it! :thumbup:

Me too....

This movie impressed some after being 3 days on youtube, having reached 180.000 viewers.

Now 23 hours later is's up to 840.000 viewers.

Lego is big on youtube.

For anyone prepared to have a laugh, watch this bands other two "tubes". One of them is heavily based on bricks too, the other one is football.

But none of the movies make sence for normal people. I had a laugh.

Some dork named Strumec stole that video and put it on his account! :angry: I would of flagged it but I do not have a youtube account.

Some dork named Strumec stole that video and put it on his account! :angry: I would of flagged it but I do not have a youtube account.

Don't threat, Ill flag it.

But Im pretty sure half of this video wasn't real. There are certain elements that lead me to believe it was Computer animated. I mean the two creators do not look like Lego Enthusiasts.

Don't threat, Ill flag it.

But Im pretty sure half of this video wasn't real. There are certain elements that lead me to believe it was Computer animated. I mean the two creators do not look like Lego Enthusiasts.

I believe the black-white clips showing mosaic of two people handling computers, and the zoom on rotating pictures in the end, are computergenerated. Well I'm 99% sure they are.

But the rest is definately generated by real world bricks.

And the two musicians ? I think it was someone else who did the video for them, including the building.

I have my doubts as to whether the black and white parts where they are playing with the various consoles, and the very end where the different sprites are rotating and growing are actually done with lego, since those parts could easily be computer animation done with pixels that retain the lego proportions. Michel Gondry did that for parts of "Fell in Love with a Girl" too, it's hard to make everything 100% LEGO, but I don't think that takes away from the awesomeness of the rest of the movie.

But I have no doubts that the rest of the video was made with real LEGO. If you look at the part when the rainbow arc is coming out of the ground and crashing down at the numbers if you watch the arc closely you can notice it shake slightly. This is because it's very hard to keep a structure like that perfectly still especially once you get past the half way point and the center of gravity is no longer above the place where the legos connect to the baseplate. If it was computer animated there'd be no reason to put those tiny shakes in.

As for the two creators not looking like lego enthusiasts, well that's just a silly thing to say. It's not you can tell if someone is a lego fan just by looking at them (unless of course they are carrying a bag from the LEGO store or building a MOC or something). Also one of their older videos is also very heavily lego based, so I think it's safe to say these guys are lego fans.