I'll be getting both impulses. Love the minifigs, but the sets themselves just don't interest me. Oh well.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

The name Guardian of the Deep is simply win. (I'm positive it's the one with the big mole) I don't know how a set that big could be $16.99 though.

By the way the human vehicle in Guardian of the Deep is almost the exact same thing that was in SPIII Gold Heist. :sick:

Looks like some sets have 1x3 tiles, just like the new power miners set :thumbup: (at least 8057 looks like it has)

The name Guardian of the Deep is simply win. (I'm positive it's the one with the big mole) I don't know how a set that big could be $16.99 though.

By the way the human vehicle in Guardian of the Deep is almost the exact same thing that was in SPIII Gold Heist. :sick:

From the description on Amazon, it seems to me it's gonna be the one with the giant shark... the one with the big mole is 8079 (Though I think it's supposed to be a turtle, unless you're talking about some other set I'm not aware of) while Guardian of the Deep is 8058...

From the description on Amazon, it seems to me it's gonna be the one with the giant shark... the one with the big mole is 8079 (Though I think it's supposed to be a turtle, unless you're talking about some other set I'm not aware of) while Guardian of the Deep is 8058...
:blush: Oops, I don't reference sets by number, so I got confused. And I thought since moles stay underground a sea one might stay at the bottom of the sea (hence Guardian of the DEEP) Maybe the the turtle/mole/thing is Seabed Scavenger.

:blush: Oops, I don't reference sets by number, so I got confused. And I thought since moles stay underground a sea one might stay at the bottom of the sea (hence Guardian of the DEEP) Maybe the the turtle/mole/thing is Seabed Scavenger.

That would make more sense.

I'm positive it's the one with the big mole...
And I thought since moles stay underground a sea one might stay at the bottom of the sea (hence Guardian of the DEEP) Maybe the the turtle/mole/thing is Seabed Scavenger.

I really, really don't think it's supposed to be a mole. It's a giant sea dwelling monster loosely based on a turtle by the look of its 'shell'.

The expression The Deep is often used to describe the dark depths of the ocean: terror from the deep, monster of the deep, secrets of the deep, etc. As such it wouldn't necessarily mean the monster is a bottom-feeder, just that it lurks in - or guards - the depths of the sea.

I want to state my apologies to everyone that might have been offended by my rant a couple of pages back, especially to Klaus-Dieter.

We should all be able to give our view on matters here, without being shouted at by others. And I have to admit that I acted agressive.

No, I have to offer an excuse to all of you who feeled attacked by my post.

This was surely not meant as a personal attack towards you, Front.

In my oipinion this forum is there to share your thoughts about MOCs but even about new and upcoming official sets - positive and negative criticism. If members are attacked only by saying that they really dislike some sets or themes and so this place shall be only allowed to say what is nice and good but keep your criticism for yourself then this will absolutely make no sense - this is luckily a democratic forum and no totalitarian, isn't it?!

And btw: If you look into other subforums you can see that I do not always only write what I dislike and that I do not only like (civilian) City and everything other is bad. E. g. I praised the 10210 Imperial Flagship and many of this year's Pirates sets although I do not buy and collect Pirates sets.

Nevertheless this is no excuse and so I'll try in the future to share my criticism with more arguments (instead of many smilies and perhaps too bad words):

It's without doubts that these Atlantis (and even the current Castle, Bionicle, Space Police and Power Miners) sets are - for which they shall be - very well designed. E. g. the shark's and the octopus' heads look super terrifying.

But I don't like that mixture of fantasy and horror - huge undersea monsters etc. Perhaps that's a result of when I grew up with Lego there were nearly only "realistic" themes (such as City, Castle, ...) and the themes like Space Police were really harmless.

Supposably you can't understand me since you are big fans of these themes - but I regrettably can not comprehend how people like a toy which looks like a license from some horror movie. When I buy a set I want it to look nice and lovely (I really like SW sets - but even there there are creatures (like e. g. the Gamourrean Guard) which are marginal - at least even it is from Lego I would never say that such a creature looks nice - well-designed, yes, but not nice).

On the other hand I of course even understand TLG: Since many people seem to like these fantasy/horror themes and sets it would be unwise to not release these sets since they would loose many customers and much profit. And in the end the money they earn with these themes even helps to that they have money to release some nice (exclusive) sets.

I hope that you now understand my averseness to fantasy themes better - please keep in mind that it never was nor still is my aim to attack anyone by this my opinion.

I hope that as from now we can again speak peacefully and with respect to each other. Have a nice time! :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

You guys just don't get it do you? :laugh: The passage of the squid is the gateway to Atlantis! It makes perfect sense! Okay the monsters are trying to lure them away from the gates by scaring them then when the dives find the gateway to Atlantis they create Neptune's sub to explore!

P.S Guardian of the deep is the shark.

Man I love that big creature of the deep, which form hear on out will now be referred to as The Leviathan. Excellent use of Batwings, though I'm not sure if I'll buy it. For one, it's limited addition and ordering is far too expensive for me if it doesn't come here. For two I'll have to wait and see if the set is as good as it looks on the box and worthy of shelf space. And three, it needs to have some good parts I can scavenge if I do eventually take it apart.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

IMO, the theme is okay, but what I don't get the name. Why Atlantis? Atlantis is a mysterious underwater city that's full of magic and mystical creatures, not a bunch of divers exploring the deep and meeting unknown species. They should've called it Aqua Raiders instead.

IMO, the theme is okay, but what I don't get the name. Why Atlantis? Atlantis is a mysterious underwater city that's full of magic and mystical creatures, not a bunch of divers exploring the deep and meeting unknown species. They should've called it Aqua Raiders instead.

But trends from other themes would indicate that we would get a much bigger set or 3 in the 2nd wave.

The second wave is likely to have something like the Temple portrayed on the box art of each of the sets in the background.

But trends from other themes would indicate that we would get a much bigger set or 3 in the 2nd wave.

The second wave is likely to have something like the Temple portrayed on the box art of each of the sets in the background.

I'm thinking the gate set (which you can just swim around) is a gateway to Atlantis itself which will be a summer release.

LEGO used to release bigger sets in the summer because most big LEGO sales are Christmas gifts.

does anybody know about this? I was checking the pics out and notice a sign on the side of one of the boxes that read; "First LEGO DVD LEGO Adventures" :look: wonder what that means

Edited by dannylonglegs

Here's to hoping those sweet new minifig heads aren't double sided. Otherwise this theme looks great.

3947276969_9730e9ebbd.jpg

Hahaha but I like double sided heads :thumbup: I'll probably end up buying all the sets that include each of those creatures at least. I'm not 100% in love with the themes but certainly the figures are good enough to at least add to space :tongue: I just hope my love for the next space police wave doesn't overshadow this great theme :sceptic:

I actually really like double sided heads for the most part, as most headgear covers their backface. That "crybaby" look on the above picture is a hilarious example of why I love them.

I actually really like double sided heads for the most part, as most headgear covers their backface. That "crybaby" look on the above picture is a hilarious example of why I love them.

I agree 100% it great that more and more themes are getting double sided heads and news one aswell

I see myself spending at least $30 on this theme (tight budget, y'see.) The $10 diver set is one of the epicest wins for the price point ever, and if that shark is only $16.99, it will also be an epic win. If I can get one of my relatives to give me the Cthulhu's Front Porch set or the Neptune Sub for Christmas, I will. This is the first underwater theme that has really attracted me. It ALMOST makes up for the atrocities being commited elsewhere in the 2010 lineup.

almost.

Yup, like Power Miners, I will be getting all the 20$ and under sets. After seeing the Amazon listings, looks like prices have gone up.

I will prolly order King Cthulhu on Bricklink, since the structure is nothing special. I WILL be getting the crab and one of the vehicles.

Yup, like Power Miners, I will be getting all the 20$ and under sets. After seeing the Amazon listings, looks like prices have gone up.

The prices are always inflated on Amazon. It won't be that way in the real stores or at LEGOshop.com.