Christian

Toy Story discussion thread

Wow! Thank you so much, just2good! :cry_happy: This made my day! It's great to see that all the figs in the Trash Compactor set have new prints! I love how the about-to-be-incinerated Hamm has his signature sceptically lowered eyebrow. :laugh: Dirty Woody and the aliens are cool too, even though these aliens will stand out in a group with the other aliens. I could be wrong, but it looks to me like Hamm's cork is a 2x2 round brown plate, which is pretty neat. The only thing that is a disappointment is that his bowler is attached to his head via a stick, so it will not be possible to put it onto a minifig. :sad: I guess you can always shorten the stick or drill a hole into the minifig's head, but that wouldn't be very purist. Oh well. These sets are still awesome and I can't wait for them to come out! :sweet:

The only thing that is a disappointment is that his bowler is attached to his head via a stick, so it will not be possible to put it onto a minifig. :sad: I guess you can always shorten the stick or drill a hole into the minifig's head, but that wouldn't be very purist.

I'm pretty sure it uses the same peg as the princess crown, so there are two hair pieces out that the hat would fit into, but they're both female hair pieces, so you probably wouldn't want that hat on either of those :grin: .

Yes, it does appear to be a nose on further inspection. I'm pretty sure that doesn't have an ordinary torso, either.

The trash compacter set looks like a perfect match for the garbage truck set. The dirty Woody and LGM minifigs are okay if you have the originals. I'd like to have some more LGMs (I'll only have one from the pizza truck), but I won't be able to afford this set. Hamm also appears to have coins falling out of him in the set; while it's expected with the slot, it's still a neat little detail.

Yep, I think that piece in the dump truck is a specially molded torso and head with construction helmet, appears to not the normal shade of Lego plastic - there's something not right with it, apart from is odd face.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I'm pretty sure it uses the same peg as the princess crown, so there are two hair pieces out that the hat would fit into, but they're both female hair pieces, so you probably wouldn't want that hat on either of those :grin: .

Hm, maybe you're right. That hole does look pretty small... I hope you're wrong, though, because if that's the case, it's indeed pretty useless, even for creating a brick-built Potatohead. :sceptic:

I think it's a nose Svelte: SNIP

Yeah, but when put on a minifig, it can still be interpreted as a mouth, so Svelte can still make his perverse MOC. :wink:

The dirty Woody and LGM minifigs are okay if you have the originals. I'd like to have some more LGMs (...).

Agreed. I'm still hoping that that promo set will be widely available at some point so that we can stock up on the little guys. Speaking of the promo set, has anyone heard anything about it? Has anyone been able to get one? I haven't seen any photos of it, and I can't find it on ebay, bricklink, or anywhere. :look:

Hamm also appears to have coins falling out of him in the set; while it's expected with the slot, it's still a neat little detail.

Yes, as I already said, he has some sort of cork on his belly, just like in the movie, so you can insert coins into the slot, and when you pull out the "cork", they fall out. :thumbup:

Yep, I think that piece in the dump truck is a specially molded torso and head with construction helmet, appears to not be the normal shade of Lego plastic - there's something not right with it, apart from its odd face.

What makes you say that? It clearly looks like a 2x2 dome piece with a normal minifig head and a normal construction worker helmet to me. :look:

Thanks for the pictures, Just2Good! :classic:

I think Hamm looks cute! But I'm still kinda *meh* on this theme. I don't know why, I like Toy Story, but the LEGO version just...isn't right? I'm sure you'll all disagree, but I can't help feeling they've strayed too far from the norm here. :sceptic:

The norm for Toy Story or the norm for Lego? aside from some taller minifigs, I don't think there's anything too compromised from the Lego side.

That Hamm fig has pushed the train set to the top of the heap for me... hope to god it's not too expensive. Hamm and Rex, plus the Jessie and bullseye figs I don't already have, and they seem to have the normal printing. Excellent. Oh. And the train. Yeah, neat.

I think the jury is still out on the character driving the truck.

4506210489_2f1ec281f3_o.jpg

If the torso is just a common done piece - then in that colour it would be a first I believe !

Though I'm still worried of it's overall apperance - it looks cheap clone gear from China I'm afraid.

What do you think ?

I think the jury is still out on the character driving the truck.

4506210489_2f1ec281f3_o.jpg

If the torso is just a common done piece - then in that colour it would be a first I believe !

Black? This thing?

New pic(s) from Bricks By The Bay:

4507316956_a5633cca58.jpg

4507914913_afd3b98abe.jpg

Profound Whatever (Flickr Member) says that Rex's limbs don't come off.

Great find YG-49! I'm really excited for tomorrow's public expo, where I'll be able to see these sets with my own eyes. I'll be sure to take lots of pics, just in case there aren't any by tomorrow! :classic:

EDIT: By the way, Profound Whatever says that the legs do come off. :wink:

Edited by ILikePi

Well, at least looking at your pics Just2Good it seems that the bowler will be a separate piece, since Hamm in the non-train set has a stud on his head (I think).

Still, seeing the characters up close make me not like this line more. Honestly, Toy Story LEGO sounds nice, but the two are just not compatible without compromising on one end. The Toy Story characters just do not fit with LEGO for the most part. If LEGO has to make this many uniquely molded characters to make any line happen, I'd rather they didn't do it. Characters should always be minifigures, not all of these separate molds.

Black? This thing?

That's what I thought the torso was, but it looks more like a dark blue colour to me.

If it is that piece, then there'll probably not be normal legs underneath, if at all. Or, maybe the driver is one of those toys... The toys that are weighed at the bottom and will stand back up if tipped over.

4510233346_47eaeed1d6.jpg

PW says the peg is too long to fit on a minifig, and too thick to fit into the Queen's hairpiece. :sceptic:

Edited by YG-49

Profound Whatever (Flickr Member) says that Rex's limbs don't come off.
PW says the peg is too long to fit on a minifig, and too thick to fit into the Queen's hairpiece. :sceptic:

Wow, what a disappointment. :sceptic: I was hoping Rex's arms would be stuck in like Buzz' wings so you could reuse them in MOCs, but it looks like you can't even move them individually. :thumbdown: It's as if TLG really wants these to be Toy Story figs and nothing but Toy Story figs. Bad move IMO, but I'm too excited for these to be mad at them.

EB member Mariann Asanuma (Model Gal on Flickr) has pics of Pizza Planet Truck Rescue and Western Train Chase! :oh:

4511257200_4311417f89.jpg

4510615085_6a27fb8ba5.jpg

I'll definitely take more close up pics of the sets today at the public expo event. :classic:

Enjoy!

EDIT: It looks like the mudguards and back of the truck use yellow windshields! :oh:

Edited by ILikePi

EB member Mariann Asanuma (Model Gal on Flickr) has pics of Pizza Planet Truck Rescue and Western Train Chase! :oh:

Well it seems that Rex's limbs do indeed come off by the looks of it, a definitely a plus :thumbup: . The pizza planet truck looks like it will be a must have :wub: lots of bricks and good minifigs. I still need more convincing for the train though. Thanks for the pics :thumbup: !

Edited by Lord Arjay

New pictures I took at Bricks by the Bay: (click them for high-res versions)

Box Front:

4512526234_6d76ab01f0.jpg

Box Back:

4511884219_b38c8ab795.jpg

Set:

4512534028_97527692e0.jpg

Car:

4512527726_100662b38f.jpg

Front:

4512530860_c63232286e.jpg

Back:

4511882377_63d2890f63.jpg

Driver's Seat:

4511889219_00b04502cb.jpg

Interior:

4512532806_d465c7739b.jpg

Hamm:

4512531338_5c58a03f53.jpg

Hamm has a rubber stopper underneath- it looks like it can come out!

Video:

Hidden pizza launcher underneath, filled by opening the hood.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the find 'Inconspicuous' for that mega find - now we know what this one does and it will sell like mad come Christmas - who doesn't want a pizza firing pizza pick up driven by a piggy bank eh ?

It appears that the pizza pick up got a make over, like a fresh paint job remember how it look in TS1, it had been scrub bashing !

Wow! :cry_happy:

The truck looks so good! All the yellow looks so great and the minifigs are awesome! Hamm and Rex look great and Im sure I will be picking this one up when they come out! Thanks for the great pics guys! :sweet:

6 pizzas?? Dang! If there is any TS sets I am getting, it's this one. Do you think it's really from Toy Story 3, or maybe from the first or second? I know it has the label, but still...

Edited by CallMePie