Christian

City 2010

I'll still buy the Toys R Us truck, even though I bought the LEGO truck - the blue parts are worth it.

-CCOOK :jollyroger:

What surprises me isn't just how many new City sets TLG has released this year, but also how many BIG new City sets TLG has released this year. It seems like they just keep firing salvo after salvo at us. Not that I'm complaining... but you'd almost expect more low-end sets at this pace.

After all the big ticket stuff this year you'd think they'd have kept the Public Transport under $100. Guess not.

And yet, here in the US we're still waiting for the copter and limousine.... sigh...

Actually LEGO releases 20 City sets a year. Last year or the year before someone made a big deal with how many Star Wars sets there were and in reality there were about the same amount of City sets and bother were 20ish.

7848 Toys R Us Truck €29.99

8404 Bus Station €99.99

And should be available on the 28th Calendar week!

Thank you very much for this information, grogall! :classic:

Are these prices only the prices for TRU or even for S@H?

And will these two sets be available since the 28th even on S@H? If not, do you know when they will appear on S@H?

8404: 99,99 Euros :thumbdown:

100 Euros for this set is really expensive. Of course there are four vehicles and two of them are even very big - but the roadside structures are below average and there are much too few minifigs.

7848: 29,99 Euros :thumbup:

30 Euros is imo a good price ratio performance for this set. 30 Euros for 3221 is really overpriced (luckily I got mine for 20 Euros). But since we get one more minifig, a small TRU store and even some nice toys in 7848, 30 Euros is really ok.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Okay, I have a question for all of the Sveltes, Klaus-Dieters, Lightning Tigers and other experts here in the City forum:

I've recently put some money aside and have been letting it build in anticipation of some of the newer city sets. SO, with that being said, I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the new Airport. In fact, I was contemplating making my move as early as tomorrow... and then I got an idea.

I've decided to hold off for a week or two, with the intent of keeping a sharp lookout for a potential Toys R US BOGO 50% sale. Sure, it may not happen, but if it does-- I'll be able to grab a second major $100 US set for HALF PRICE. And that's where I could use your collective advice:

Garage or Construction Site??

I'm certainly leaning towards the Construction Site, but would like to hear some advice from the veterans! Thanks!

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

I would say "Construction Site" as well unless you happen to really like orange or otherwise have specific bits from the Garage you want for your collection.

I still regret buying the Garage (and paying what I did for it :)

MMM....I'm in two minds here, both sets have there merits..... construction site has a building similar to city corner's plus a low loader truck - the crane is my least favorite part. Now the garage is very MOD'able, if you remember my tyre dealership being front paged months ago, always remember you don't always have to build what's on the box, it's Lego it's whatever you want it to be !

Now back on track has anyone seen any more pictures of the two TRU sets other than the box art ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I have German (European) prices on the 2 Toys R Us sets

4696782754_70c72dec9c.jpg

7848 Toys R Us Truck €29.99

8404 Bus Station €99.99

And should be available on the 28th Calendar week!

Found these pictures on Brickshelf. 7848 review pictures

Pictures belong to a review on Brick Horizon.

Interesting photos there, I was wondering what the toy shop had in it !

Brick built toys - SWEET ! :sweet:

Another dam DSS though !

Same truck manufacture makes for TRU and Lego eh ? :laugh:

Now I really can't wait for this set to be available, besides any sign of 8404 public transport pictures yet (not the box art) ?

Thank you very much for this link, AllanSmith! :classic:

The interior of the TRU looks that lovely - with so many toys and even shelves on which they are displayed! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I really like that brick-built hovercraft - excellent design.

I can't await to get this set!

Klaus-Dieter

8404 Bus Station €99.99

Hundred Euros for the Public Transport??? That's $130, for a few trucks and a tram that didn't meet expectations?? C'mon, TLG... you're dangerously flirting with unreasonable.

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Found these pictures on Brickshelf. 7848 review pictures

Pictures belong to a review on Brick Horizon.

Good find, cheers for that.

I especially like the mini lego sets on the shelf.

I also noticed that the number plate is the set number, good touch!

That's TLC'S normal behaviour: The license plate reflects the set number.

Just look at the recent sets, you'll find it everywhere. :wink:

That's TLC'S normal behaviour: The license plate reflects the set number.

Just look at the recent sets, you'll find it everywhere. :wink:

Ah i wasnt aware of that. Only lego car i have bought in years was the 8402 which didnt have a number plate!

That's been the case for most (if not all) City sets over the past years. The letters are (supposedly) the designers' initials.

edit: sorry, didn't notice the new page and Holodoc's answer.

8404 Bus Station €99.99

Hundred Euros for the Public Transport??? That's $130, for a few trucks and a tram that didn't meet expectations?? C'mon, TLG... you're dangerously flirting with unreasonable.

Aren't LEGO prices usually the same number on both sides of the Atlantic, but with a different currency sign in front of it?

Here's something interesting - how is this being done ?

img_8921.jpg

And this ?

img_8924.jpg

The yellow 4x6 plates, mounted vertical with I can't see how it's being held on to the 1x6x5 panels (wall elements) - if we can see how then it opens the way to improve are MOC's of shops, offices even houses ! :sweet:

QUICK EDIT - Found the answer - a 1x4 brick with 4 studs along it's side - dam I feel like a fool not to realise !

Edited by lightningtiger

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a hospital in this years batch yet, given its been 4 years since the last. When does TLG usually start leaking out information on the final few sets for the year? I'm not holding my breath though given how many large city sets have already come out.

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a hospital in this years batch yet, given its been 4 years since the last. When does TLG usually start leaking out information on the final few sets for the year? I'm not holding my breath though given how many large city sets have already come out.

unfortunatly from what I've been hearing we won't get any hospital theme any sooner than 2012.

I'm thinking that this is the last set for city that we'll get this year. In just a month or two next years releases will start to leak...

Tomorrow, Thursday 24th, I am going to be very, very poor:

img009jb.th.jpg

click the image to link to the full (huge) scan.

The page also lists the RRP in AUD as well as sale prices.

Full catalog here, but besides the TS3 stuff there isn't much else.

Last time Myer was selling EN's they sold out Australia wide in less than three days.

Other interesting stuff: the new police lambo, the space limo and police central, and the fire brigade and imperial flagship sets on the cheap.

I'm definitely up for a hospital and a separate ambulance set. Not so sure I can see Lego doing an ER, but that'd really be unique. The design complexity and aesthetics have increased exponentially over such a short amount of time, we may finally be in a place where they could truly do a hospital justice.

Paging Dr. Bricksteen...

unfortunatly from what I've been hearing we won't get any hospital theme any sooner than 2012.

I'm thinking that this is the last set for city that we'll get this year. In just a month or two next years releases will start to leak...

Thank you very much for this information, Mirandir! :classic:

Let's talk about City 2011 here.

Klaus-Dieter