Christian

City 2010

I actually rather like the new fire chopper, despite the so-called <insert that tiresome argument> parts. Why? Well, if you take a good look at it, it's one of the most realistic looking that TLG has ever produced, it's not too big (compared to classic scale) nor too small (compared to current scale), and finally, it's really good reproduction of my absolute favourite modern helicopter, the NH90, with hints of another great machine, EH-101 Merlin (google'em to see what I mean). The only small complaint is the colour (red really doesn't match with special ops), but I can live with that.

I don't mind the look opf the sets for 2010 - though it would be nice if some of the stores around me had the smaller impulse sets - they're more useful to me than a large one...

Airport & Aricraft

For me, this is better than the previous 2006 edition - though i prefer the 2006 edition plane (7893)

Farm

This set looks like it's probably the only set I'll buy this year. Decent ammount of parts. If I can, I'll be buying the impulse set(s)...

others & TRU Voted for

If the roadplates are being made available, i might buy a few more. I'll see what the special is, first....

wishlist

If lego are offering a warehouse/factory (or similar) i'll be buying it!

I am not so much excited seeing the way, where City goes in 2010. Again there is big scale differences. Fire Helicopter is nearly same size as airport building, nearly same width as big plane. Most of those new sets are "Playmobilized", hopefully some Geobra designer had applied for a job at TLC....In fact, only one set, I am thinking about to buy, is the Waterplane....

I was by my local lego dealer and could see in the dealercatalog today

Jan.

City impulse 7567 Traveller; man with airportroller, 2 luggageholders, an indiana Jones Shoulderbag and a black camera and a computerscreen on a stick

Fire sets

7208 Brandweerkazerne , with yellow catchnet and green garbagecan

7207 Nice, but nothing special

7213 offroad firetruck with bigger boat and small vehicle

Jan or March?

3177 Citycar, Black-white little car with male fig, around 5 euro

3178 Waterplane, good old-fashioned yellow-white little plane

3179 reconstuctiontruck, with a little box to get the minifig to the upside of the citylight (the samething as in the towncornerset of this year) and a green garbagecan

3180 Tanktruck, Well everybody already seen it, a big nice truck from Octan

3181 Passengersplane, a better set than the big plane from the airport set, because it has not the <insert that tiresome argument> one-wing piece from the 2006 airport sets. more pieces :thumbup:

3182 Airport, Building is not bad, plane is more <insert that tiresome argument> pieces like the 2006 planes. Green garbagecan.

March

7206 Firehelikopter with big watercan to throw above the fire

7684 Pigfarm, 2 farmers, 4 pigs, around 30 euro

I hope you are happy with this information. :classic:

7213 offroad firetruck with bigger boat and small vehicle

We haven't seen pictures of this yet. Curious about this.

3179 reconstuctiontruck, with a little box to get the minifig to the upside of the citylight (the samething as in the towncornerset of this year) and a green garbagecan

These sound really good. So 3179 is sort of like this classic or more like a cherry picker?

Jan.

City impulse 7567 Traveller; man with airportroller, 2 luggageholders, an indiana Jones Shoulderbag and a black camera and a computerscreen on a stick

3181 Passengersplane, a better set than the big plane from the airport set, because it has not the <insert that tiresome argument> one-wing piece from the 2006 airport sets. more pieces :thumbup:

these sound great!

we havent seen pictures of the plane yet and i cant wait!

what color is it? how big would you say it is? is the roof top of the plane the same as the <insert that tiresome argument> one?

do you remember what minifigs it has?

would you say that it looks like the indiana jones one but a bit more modern?

(i truly have a lot of questions about this set!!)

did you see the impulse set with the pig? how was that?

@ Rick: If you mean with cherry-picker the thing which is used in the big firetruck then yes. It looks a bit like the fire truck on your post right under

@ phoinix: Please calm yourself, they are not even in the shops. :tongue::grin::wink:

As far as I know the planes were almost white with some grey and black not really spectaculair

The bigger plane was around 52 cm? and the smaller around 48cm?

the bigger plane has a <insert that tiresome argument> roof, the smaller has more pieces on the roof but still a <insert that tiresome argument> nose

Minfigs; Big plane is in the airport set, so all the figs from that set, small plane; 1 pilot, 1 male passenger, 1 airportpersonel who drive in a little yellow luggagecar

A bit more modern than Ind Jones

I have not seen an impulseset with a pig, so I can not say how it was :wink:

@ Capt. Tavares: More like 7726 (coastguard)

Why the angry face? I only want to give other people as good as I can information about the new sets

I'm interested to see the new little city car (although I don't yet have the existing red one - hoping for it for birthday or Christmas present).

Pig Farm sounds like a must-have!

The streetlight repair is a neat idea for a set.

So too is the traveller for an impulse.

----

I think the new airport may be more attractive to kids with the liberal use of blue - it looks very kiddy. Apart from the plane hulls and colours - I don't agree about it being more "<insert that tiresome argument>" than past airports - the earlier airport given as example is also pillars and windows for the structure - but just that the windows have bars. I think the glass pieces of the new set are in some ways more versatile than "framed" windows. I think the design is apart from the garish blue, rather convincing for airport architecture and more modern-looking than the old airports.

@ Capt. Tavares: More like 7726 (coastguard)

Why the angry face? I only want to give other people as good as I can information about the new sets

im just mad that lego couldn't have come up with something better than a paint job on the coast guard truck. approx how big is the boat if you know??

@ capt. Tavares: o.k. :classic: It looks like the boat is a paint job from the orange boat from 7726

i knew that you would understand alex.

i was kind of waitting for your opinion on the new city sets..

Well, here my first though about the new city line, seeing those first pics.

Firestation : another one yes, but it’s not really a surprise. TLC has always made some fire(police)stations, after fire(police)station, so no matter for me.

I find it great. I need to see more of it to know if I prefer the ’10 or ’07.

The vehicles look great too. Even if I don’t need a new firestation, if I buy it, it will be only for them (I’m not a great vehicles MOCer…)

Fire boat : far better than the previous one. But the price will not be the same. But nothing really special for me… I’ve got enough boat hulls to MOC with…

Fire copter : well, what can I say? If you look at it quckly, you will see a true Playmobil set, and not LEGO set. I really dislike the mega piece used for the front, which looks really crappy for me. Big pieces can be usefull, but this one, I don’t see… and this, more after having the coastguard helicopter, with its very nice brickbuild face. And the 4WD doesn’t look very great after such a nice black Rang last year.

Airport : I will not make any comment on this big playmoplane…

Like you said, TLC can make some great plane with more small pieces, like in the Indy set (I really love this plane!). The reason of such a “<insert that tiresome argument>” plane is to make the price ratio lower I think. I can’t see any other reason.

The airport looks really modern, with those glass panels, but it has nothing really special. I really dislike the difference of proportion with the building, the tower and the playmoplane. It makes the building more ridiculous.

Looking at the recent building sets, they really don’t look really great IMO (policestation, farm, city corner, but expect for the firestation and train station). This bad feeling is reinforced by how TLC puts some very nice details in their vehicles and not in their building.

The new octan gaz truck looks great, like the more classic hydrolegoplane.

And I really like the new farm set. Not for the pigpen but for the tractor and pigs!

Now I just have to wait for better pics of all the new sets to make my 2010 lego buying schedule (I don’t have finished with the ’09 sets, damned windmill transport…).

Leave it to Lego to make huge airports that are missing several key features and are made out of huge, trans-blue window parts.

Edited by Legoliner Pilot

Leave it to Lego to make huge airports that are missing several key features and are made out of huge, trans-blue window parts.

Well, remember, most kids don't care. It will probably go on their "Main Street."

That's what city is directed twoards. Also, if they made it like a normal airport, it would be way too expensive for the city line. :tongue

Edited by Capt. Tavares

Thank you Wout :classic:

Nice, very good details you have described, sounds awesome

Did you see any thing about the farmer with pig impulse?

Jan or March?

3180 Tanktruck, Well everybody already seen it, a big nice truck from Octan

I understand the City Car and Octan truck but what exactly do you mean be reconstruciton truck?? :wacko:

Sounds like a telephone repair truck?

March

7684 Pigfarm, 2 farmers, 4 pigs, around 30 euro

Sadly we have to wait until March to get possible the best City set that year :sadnew:

...but what exactly do you mean be reconstruciton truck?? :wacko:

Sounds like a telephone repair truck?

I'm assuming he means something like this; like a utility service truck. I could be wrong though. I'm interested to see what colour it is, and what details are included.

I'm assuming he means something like this; like a utility service truck. I could be wrong though. I'm interested to see what colour it is, and what details are included.

Thanks, that is what I was thinking. :classic:

It also sounds like it has potential to be a cool set.

He mentioned the green garbage can? Is that similar to the green recycle bin from the Garage?

Pray tell, where in the lovely land of tulips and wooden shoes did you go for this?

Pray tell, where in the lovely land of tulips and wooden shoes did you go for this?

I'd guess the answer to that could get the dealer who allowed him to see the catalogue into trouble, so if he ever wants to see the dealer catalogue again, he won't tell you on a public forum.

I'd guess the answer to that could get the dealer who allowed him to see the catalogue into trouble, so if he ever wants to see the dealer catalogue again, he won't tell you on a public forum.

Agreed. Does this "cherry-picker" have a flat-front or a nose?? :sceptic:

Thank you very much for this information, Wout! :classic:

To the Small Car:

Since TLG already included a male minifigure in the Sports Car it's really a pity that they don't include a female minifigure in the Small Car. There are too less female minifigs in general. :cry_sad:

To the Repair Vehicle:

It's a pity that we don't get a break-down service vehicle (like the most of us suupposably firstly thought).

Nevertheless a vehicle to repair the street lampy sounds good, too.

Wout, can you please tell us how big the Repair Vehicle is, which color it has and if there is a trailer or not? That would be very nice. :classic:

To the Traveler Impulse set:

In opposite to the first description this set sounds much better since there seem to be more accessories included. :thumbup:

I cab't imagine that we'll see only four sets in January (Fire HQ, Fire Boat, Fire Truck and Traveler) but then all the rest of the sets mentioned until now in March.

I bet that either the Rapair Vehicle or the Small Car will already be sold in January - and the Piglets Enclosure With Tractor perhaps even firstly in June.

Btw: Since the rumoured list of the Star Wars sets for next summer already appeared some weeks ago I really wonder when we'll hear anything about the City summer sets.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter