johnsocal

Ideas for new Disney licensed sets?

Here's some of my ideas from some Disney LEGO sets:

1. Disney Monorail set

2. Disney Main Street set

3. Mindstorms Walle

4. Disney/Pixar 'Cars' race track (based on Lego 8364 Racers: Multi Challenge Race Track)

What would you like to see made?

hmm... your ideas are nice... but i don't think the license is for the 'themepark'... the license itself should be for the movies.

for me, i would like some of the memorable scenes/locations from the movies:

Aladdin: Aladdin and Jasmine on the carpet (singing A Whole New World)

Beauty & the Beast: The big ballroom scene with the song.

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's sea cove

Tarzan: Tarzan treehouse (I think it would be a really fun set)

Mulan: The Chinese palace

Pochahontas: one of those British ships in the beginning of the film.

The Lion King: MINIFIG SCALE LIONS!!

Hunchback of Notre Dame: duh! Notre Dame Cathedral

Hercules: so many possibilities.

Lilo & Stitch: I just really want a minifig version of Stitch.

I don't know. According to Brickipedia, the new Disney subthemes will be Cars, Prince of Persia, and Toy Story. However, even though I have two small kids, I must admit that I've not seen any of those films, so I don't know what to suggest as far as sets go.

I don't know. According to Brickipedia, the new Disney subthemes will be Cars, Prince of Persia, and Toy Story. However, even though I have two small kids, I must admit that I've not seen any of those films, so I don't know what to suggest as far as sets go.

You have never seem Toy Story. You must be some kind of Communist. Just kidding. It is a great movie for kids and parents alike. You should definitely see it. Also, Cars was good, but not great. Both are Disney-Pixar movies, which are always really good. Prince of Persia comes out next year, and is based on the video game.

I agree that the themes should be movie, not theme park, oriented. I would much rather buy a set based off of Pirates of the Caribbean than the monorail at Disney World.

I agree that the themes should be movie, not theme park, oriented. I would much rather buy a set based off of Pirates of the Caribbean than the monorail at Disney World.

I'm going to disagree on this one. I would love theme park based sets. :wub: They could do the monorail, Cinderella's Castle, Thunder Mountain (with the new 4 wide track pieces), The Tower of Terror. This would literally be a dream come true as I love the Disney Parks and have been at least once every year of my life. :wub:

Well, since I'm such a big fan of Disney and PIXAR movies (especially PIXAR!), I would welcome pretty much any set from any of them. :classic:

However, I would very much like to see sets based on The Incredibles! There are so many cool and iconic vehicles that they could base sets on! For example:

• A medium sized set with Mr. Incredible (in his old, blue costume) and his Incredimobile (or "Incredobile") and a bank robbers car.
  • A small set with Mr. Incredible, Syndrome, the Omnidroid 9000, some rocks, and other jungle stuff.
  • A medium sized set with Elastigirl, Violet, and Dash in their jet. This could have an explosion feature like 7198 Fighter Plane Attack.
  • A small set with Dash and a Velocipod (with Syndrome henchman) and maybe some jungle trees.
  • A large "Syndrome's Lair" playset with the room with the computer and the lava wall, the prison room, a rocket launch site, a little hangar for Velocipods or Vultures, and maybe a little monorail. Includes all Incredibles, Syndrome, some henchmen, and maybe Mirage.
  • A large set with the Omnidroid 10000 and all the Incredibles, plus Frozone, and maybe some city stuff.

Also, I agree that a set with Stitch and his little red spaceship would be extra sweet! :thumbup:

So - Please, TLG? :cry_happy:

You're contradicting yourself there. PotC is a ride at Disneyland. :tongue:

But I know what you mean, and I kinda agree. Although I know that sets based on the parks could be very nice sets, I also know I wouldn't buy any. :sceptic:

I miss alternate models.

That being said there is a perfect solution here. I would love to see a Taj Mahal-sized set featuring the various Disney park castles as alternate models (Sleeping Beauty's, Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant (Sleeping Beauty's other castle), and Cinderella's castle). The Sleeping Beauty castle and Cinderella castles are in two parks while the second Sleeping Beauty castle is unique to Paris. Given the ornate appearance of each and the similar colour-schemes, this would make for an amazing Creator set.

I don't mind licences but many seem to simply come and go. Given the significant history of the Disney animation studio and its theme parks I would love to see a set that pays proper homage.

Lilo & Stitch: I just really want a minifig version of Stitch.

or make a statue of him like that UCS Yoda from a few years ago. imagine all that light blue :cry_happy:

LEGO should make Disney park theme exclusive sets. Considering all those loyal Disney fans from around the world who would jump at the chance to have their beloved Main street recreated in LEGO form and have a LEGO Disney monorail to boot.

These theme park sets would sell well, especially if they were Disneyland park exclusives.

Edited by johnsocal

Aladdin: Aladdin and Jasmine on the carpet (singing A Whole New World)

Don´t forget a set with Jafar.^^

Pochahontas: one of those British ships in the beginning of the film.

I would prefer a set about the climax, with a cliff, trees and a bit baseplates and Ratcliffe, Pocahontas, John Smith, Thomas, a few britishs and indians. Oh, a sound brick with this scene would be nice.^^

Hunchback of Notre Dame: duh! Notre Dame Cathedral

Frollos chimney with Frollo, Esmeralda (flame version made out of transparent plastic) and red coated singers or Frollos carriage with the golden knight (forgot the name), two knights and Frollo.

But I guess that this sets are only wishful thinking. LEGO will probably only do Toy Story and Prince of Persia.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

I would seriously consider a Disney Monorail set if they ever thought of building one :thumbup:

I have bought the Takara Tomy "Tomica" version of the Tokyo Disneyland monorail (about Hot Wheel size) when I was in Tokyo Disneyland as shown below. So if Lego wants to build a Lego monorail, I highly believe that those Disney guys will allow them too, or even pester Lego to do it!!!

DSC_0687.jpg

If there is a big reason for Lego to come out with a monorail set using the old monorail tracks (or just invest in whole new types), I think this is the BEST reason I can think of. Imagine this set selling in Disneyland; you sat the monorail, now you can build one at home!! :thumbup:

Other thing I can think of:-

1) A REAL Lego "Black Pearl" instead of the rip-off of the BSB

2) Pirate ships like the flying dutchman, etc. Imagine the ships, forts, minifigures Lego can produce that will put the Megalblock version to shame!

3) Buzz Lightyear monorail set, base, vehicle and minis

4) Collectors sets like Green Grocer but have buildings like in Disneyland

I don't mind licences but many seem to simply come and go. Given the significant history of the Disney animation studio and its theme parks I would love to see a set that pays proper homage.

I know thats my biggest problem with licenses. TLC seems to get one build a few sets for it and drop it way to fast. I would love to see the Disney license and the Indiana Jones license continue as long as Star Wars. Look at Batman those sets where way to short, as they stopped shortly after the release of The Dark Night when they could have had a huge growth in sales.

Don´t forget a set with Jafar.^^

I can totally see a "Cave of Wonders" set happening, with Jafar, Jago, Aladdin, Abu, Carpet, and Genie (who would be a big, troll-like figure; the current troll arms would be perfect for him). The set would include lots of booby traps and shiny pearl-gold treasure pieces, and a trans-red diamond piece for Abu to steal, plus, of course, a new lamp piece. :sweet:

Defnintely agree with Oky on having Incredibles sets. They would make the best figs, and the sets would be just brilliant. Plus I really want another retro style robot!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I've said it once and I'll say it again:

On a completely different note, I hope that LEGO decides to give us at least one set from UP, that movie was amazing, and should have sets before a movie like Cars :sceptic: . I admit that there are not many sets that you could make off of the line, but I bet they would sell well. Plus, Avatar only had two sets, so LEGO could branch off of the disney theme and give us two-three UP sets. Here are my three ideas:

THE SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE

A medium to large sized zeppelin with a few dogs (maybe a new mold), Dug, Charles Muntz, Russell, and Carl. Carl could also come with a new cane, with detachable tennis balls. Maybe the top can come off and reveal a dinning room or a trophy room, like the minifig scale ISD. It doesn't have to be to scale, or even that realistic (in that the rooms are INSIDE the zeppelin, instead of underneath them in the cabin).

CARL'S HOUSE

A medium sized set as a depiction of Carl's house. Comes with Carl, Russell, and Kevin. Maybe a new balloon mold, and enough of them to create the illusion that there are alot, even if there are only 20-30 of them. The roof can come off to show Carl's living room, with maybe a couple of chairs and a few tiles on the wall with Ellie's picture printed on them. A little adventure book, similar to the harry potter books, would be nice, too. Maybe even a garden hose outside that can connect to a neck clasp on Carl.

BI-PLANE

A small sized set featuring one or two bi-planes, similar to the Indiana Jones one, only with brighter colors. Includes one or two dogs and Russell. You might as well through Carl in too, so that he will be in a cheap set. Not too much else in this set, except it would give lego a chance to put in some flick fire missiles ( :tongue: ).

That's all I can think of right now. LEGO will probably skip right over this great movie and move on with future projects, but the have done weirder things before. And, even if we don't get UP sets, there still is a chance at an Indiana Jones Zeppelin, and if that ever comes out, expect THE SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE to turn up a few months after it's release :wink: .

THE SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE

A medium to large sized zeppelin with a few dogs (maybe a new mold), Dug, Charles Muntz, Russell, and Carl. Carl could also come with a new cane, with detachable tennis balls. Maybe the top can come off and reveal a dinning room or a trophy room, like the minifig scale ISD. It doesn't have to be to scale, or even that realistic (in that the rooms are INSIDE the zeppelin, instead of underneath them in the cabin).

CARL'S HOUSE

A medium sized set as a depiction of Carl's house. Comes with Carl, Russell, and Kevin. Maybe a new balloon mold, and enough of them to create the illusion that there are alot, even if there are only 20-30 of them. The roof can come off to show Carl's living room, with maybe a couple of chairs and a few tiles on the wall with Ellie's picture printed on them. A little adventure book, similar to the harry potter books, would be nice, too. Maybe even a garden hose outside that can connect to a neck clasp on Carl.

I would love sets based on UP, I was just thinking of MOCing the spirit of adventure too. A new dog mold and a balloon mold would be great.

I would like to see a few LEGO sets based on the Disney movie, "Bolt."

The minfigs would include Penny, Penny's Mom, the agent, Dr. Calico.

The animals would include Bolt (the dog/actor), Mittens (the cat), and Rhino (the Hamster)

Hey why has'nt anybody mentioned anything about Bug's life? :sweet: There are all sorts of possibilities there! Imagine a set of the bug circus or the anthill! But mainly the minifigs would be phenomenal!

Excellent ideas, Tinn-man! :thumbup: However, I don't see TLG making Carl's house with all the Baloons. But the set with the Biplanes, I can totally see happening. :classic:

Hey why has'nt anybody mentioned anything about Bug's life? :sweet: There are all sorts of possibilities there! Imagine a set of the bug circus or the anthill! But mainly the minifigs would be phenomenal!

How so? With the characters' thin limbs and large heads, I think they would be "alien" figs rather than normal figs. :sceptic: In fact, I fear they could turn out like the MM martians! :sick:

I think that' why nobody dared to consider it.

Also, aside from the circus and the mechanical bird, there's really not much they could make sets of. :sadnew:

How so? With the characters' thin limbs and large heads, I think they would be "alien" figs rather than normal figs

That is indeed why they would be phenomenal! :grin: But I see your point the theme could very well be a disaster. Though a mechanical bird would be cool for steampunkish parts the theme would probably turn out bad unless done right. I never thought of the figs being like the one piece creatures like aldar and sebulba. :sick: But now that I think of it that's probably how they would turn out. :sick: Yikes!

~Computerbug

Anything Pixar has their hands in has such rich design work, it would all make great LEGO sets. I do however like Disney's efforts on Bolt, with the great copters and chase vehicles. Some Incredible stuff would be good too... especially with talks of The Incredibles 2.

I would also love to see some Disneyland themed sets. Think of the money LEGO could make with these sets being at the LEGO store in Downtown Disney. I would love to see a monorail set, a train set, Jungle Cruise, and of course the new Cars Land is going to be awesome. How about a Small World ride that continuously plays It's a Small World. HAHA!!!

I think we need some The Nightmare Before Christmas Lego, personally.