Sign in to follow this  
chewie

V-wing on S@H

I am sooooo happy now, but it just makes me want a red JSF even more now, and on bricklink there at like

$100 for a USB

but now if you order the V-Wing in American S@H its backordered till next year *devil*

Ahhhhhh i notice that mace dosent have a cape in these pics and that the lightsabre now looks purple unlike the light up one.

Yep and it seems that his tunique is light silver *wub* (or whatever the name of that colour is ;-) ).

Now the ultimate question is: do I buy this set or just Mace's MF ??? Tough decision ;-)

Now I think of a certain Kim and Morten who will have to buy this set :-P

I wonder if they will release a Luminara normal fig now, that would be great !!!!!!!!

*yoda*

If you go to S@H and type in the set number for the clone tank you will see that the first pic isnt that of the light up version, in fact it looks like the new set.

It is actually *sweet* !!!!

The only problem is that its sold out in France and the shops carry the old version still !!!!

*yoda*

Yeah its the same story over here, still im sure it will be out soon. Though i doubt ill get it as i would only want the new mace fig.........BS here i come again :-|

Yep and it seems that his tunique is light silver *wub* (or whatever the name of that colour is ;-) ).

Now the ultimate question is: do I buy this set or just Mace's MF ??? Tough decision ;-)

Now I think of a certain Kim and Morten who will have to buy this set :-P

I wonder if they will release a Luminara normal fig now, that would be great !!!!!!!!

*yoda*

Arw man. Now I gotta have two of those tanks >:-( No matter - a "new" set is a new set and therefore a must have. Man I'm gonna be real poor this year *wacko* :-D

KimT

There's also an extra clone included in this set, next to Mace ;-)

WOw, he looks really cool, I'm glad the lightsaber bblade is a different colour.

I wonder if his torso is pearl grey *wub*

An extra clone? Excellent! I'm definitely gonna pick this up (I kept my original CTT together, as I do most SW sets, but this'll be a nice parts pack, and for figs ;-) )

How does such a long tank make turns?.... skid steer seriously doesnt work when you're that long.... but I dont see a midbody hinge either...

How does such a long tank make turns?.... skid steer seriously doesnt work when you're that long.... but I dont see a midbody hinge either...

The LEGO model has steerable front and rear pairs of wheels. Its turning circles are pretty wide.

Looking at my Incredible Cross Sections book, it makes no mention of steering or mid-body pivot-points. BUT it does say that each wheel has three independently-geared sections. It seems logical and entirely plausible that it could use "tank" steering. IE to turn left, the left wheels will turn backwards and the right wheels forwards. The greater the speed on each flank of wheels, the smaller the turning circle. With three-sectioned wheels, control of turning would be amazing.

The LEGO model has steerable front and rear pairs of wheels. Its turning circles are pretty wide.

Looking at my Incredible Cross Sections book, it makes no mention of steering or mid-body pivot-points. BUT it does say that each wheel has three independently-geared sections. It seems logical and entirely plausible that it could use "tank" steering. IE to turn left, the left wheels will turn backwards and the right wheels forwards. The greater the speed on each flank of wheels, the smaller the turning circle. With three-sectioned wheels, control of turning would be amazing.

Cool, I like my Lego vehicles to have steering

as for the 'real' one, tank steering is what I meant when I said 'skid steer' the problem with it is that when you're long and narrow like that, trying to do tank/skid steering puts a lot of stress on the front and rearmost wheels, because as you rotate in place they are basically dragging sideways along the circle.

hey if you look carefully is that the guns of a distoryer droid i see i hope so

hey if you look carefully is that the guns of a distoryer droid i see i hope so

Just plain old Wild West revolvers...

The destroyer droids had that too, but with binoculars attached to them. These don't seem to have binoculars...