Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 9A

What should the group do next?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose an ACTION

• Return to the Farm
    • Visit the Emerald Express
    • Return to the Train Engine Shed
    • Walk to the Northwest

This is interesting and all, particularly the two men playing in the barrel, but I think we should go take a look out on the airstrip now... :look:

This is interesting and all, particularly the two men playing in the barrel, but I think we should go take a look out on the airstrip now... :look:

Considering your title... care to join? :laugh:

Yes, let's look at the airstrip and any other outbuildings, then switch time, perhaps?

Do you wish to go to the airstrip now or look around some more? George seems to know the way.

Ok George lead the way....

Yes, let's look at the airstrip and any other outbuildings, then switch time, perhaps?

Lets go then!

where's george? :look:

I'm with Grease. Let's check out this airstrip, then switch the tracks. Who has the piece of paper with the numbers on it?

I don't like flying....

Awh, what the hell. If this is my chance outta Willoughby I'm takin' it!

~A.S.

Shoot! I'll be aboard this expedition if there's still room left, every time I've been cautious somethin' bad has happened, so I'll throw it to the wind!

First I want to press play and fast forward at the same time to speed up the tape, maybe we can get something out of it!

Then I want to make sure we take the cassette with us to hopefully play on another machine at a later date if this doesn't work.

I'm sure there are better methods to smashing a radio than with an axe. Why would someone leave evidence when they could just throw the radio on the ground? Plus, I don't think the radio's paint would come off that easily- it might not even be painted, but actual red plastic.

Well it was hidden at the bottom of a barrel doofus! Not really an easy spot to expect to find an axe.

I would like to twist the tape and then play it backwards.

It seems that many of the townsfolk seem to have been touched by Beelzebub, so it makes sense to test the cassette for signs of infernal tampering.

Perhaps that's how the Town Council gets its messages across... :look:

Shmelt, I'm all for playing this tape, but it would seem that we have no means of doing so at the moment.

And honestly, I would rather shlep the Croc to and fro than hop aboard Air 666 with some phsyco knife-throwing chef. :wacko:

The tape does not play despite several attempts to speed up the boom box.

A walk toward the landing strip reveals a small aircraft (build by Grill'n George). Althought it smells like hotdogs on the grill, the airplane appears to be well constructed. The plane is a four seater (including the pilot's seat).

An eager George is more than willing to take anyone for a ride. :sweet:

In the distance is a small shunting yard where two sets of track come to an end.

There is also a small flat-bed pick up truck parked nearby.

If this has been asked and answered, please excuse me, but was anything written on the tape?

A walk toward the landing strip reveals a small aircraft (build by Grill'n George). Althought it smells like hotdogs on the grill, the airplane appears to be well constructed. The plane is a four seater (including the pilot's seat).

I'm not sure I want to go up in the weinermobile. :look:

There is also a small flat-bed pick up truck parked nearby.

But that looks interesting. I think I'd like to examine that truck, see if anything is in it, see who it's registered to, hotwire it and drive the hell out of here! :wacko:

Subtle, wasn't I? :grin:

You guys wanna get on my plane? :sweet: I've never had anyone in it, but myself and I'm real excited! Btw, that truck is mine. :wink:

George, are you sure you have licence to operate that aircraft? :hmpf_bad:

Not that, I am doubting you, but ain't you supposed to be a Chef? Anyway, I will like to hop onto the plane too, and I supposed that we might find some interesting pictoral signs. You know, those kind of UFO stuff.... :look:

I think I'm gonna fill the truck with the gasoline, and use the oil with it, then get the hell outta here.

I think I'm gonna fill the truck with the gasoline, and use the oil with it, then get the hell outta here.

Hey, its my truck. :hmpf_bad: So, no driving away with it.

I think we'll need to find another tape and play the two at the same time to get results.

But that looks interesting. I think I'd like to examine that truck, see if anything is in it, see who it's registered to, hotwire it and drive the hell out of here! :wacko:

I wouldn't be so concerned about driving outing of town with that- it can't carry everyone. Unless we take Lorianne's semi, too...

George, why haven't you told us about anything before? The airstrip, the airplane, the truck... this information could have been helpful when we were trying to figure out what was in the northwest area. Right now, you're very suspicious, not only for being a town council member, but for attempted murder, and avoiding giving us valuable answers.

Can we please kill this guy, or at least tie him up? :hmpf_bad:

I'd like to help Grease inspect the truck (the inside as well).

I think we'll need to find another tape and play the two at the same time to get results.

I wouldn't be so concerned about driving outing of town with that- it can't carry everyone. Unless we take Lorianne's semi, too...

George, why haven't you told us about anything before? The airstrip, the airplane, the truck... this information could have been helpful when we were trying to figure out what was in the northwest area. Right now, you're very suspicious, not only for being a town council member, but for attempted murder, and avoiding giving us valuable answers.

Can we please kill this guy, or at least tie him up? :hmpf_bad:

Well, nobody asked. People know I have an airplane.....I've mentioned it many times before.... :hmpf: What makes you think I'm a town council member? Cause some crazy guy said so? Also, I don't know who was here on the 6th, I don't know if anybody sent out 12 letters at a time, but I doubt it. I've answered your questions. Happy? What's the point of giving you this information if you want to kill me anyways or injure me.....? :hmpf_bad:

Have fun, lookin' in my tuck, cause there's nothing in there, except for some mail that might be left in there.

Finally someone who believes me about Killin' Geroge! Thank god!

I'd like to look all around inside the airplane! And then use my shrinking ray to shrink myself and check again, in all the nooks and crannies!

Well, nobody asked. People know I have an airplane.....I've mentioned it many times before.... :hmpf:

But you never said anything about this area- which makes me wonder if you were trying to keep it secret from us train passengers.

What makes you think I'm a town council member? Cause some crazy guy said so?

That and the fact that you never denied it- you just seemed to ignore what he said. Not to mention that you're suspect #1 for throwing a meat cleaver into Max's chest. Who else would have a meat cleaver besides a chef? Eleanor must have had the same thoughts when she was about to shoot you. I don't blame her.

Also, I don't know who was here on the 6th, I don't know if anybody sent out 12 letters at a time, but I doubt it. I've answered your questions. Happy? What's the point of giving you this information if you want to kill me anyways or injure me.....? :hmpf_bad:

Well, wouldn't you know...? You do work here, so you should know who was here and what was sent, right?

Have fun, lookin' in my tuck, cause there's nothing in there, except for some mail that might be left in there.

See? You did it again. When I asked you about the mail, it would have been nice to know that you had some in your truck. In fact, you never even mentioned your truck, either.

I'll go search around the truck as well, checking under the seats, in the glove compartments, etc.

I'd also like to tell the ladies how great they look. :sweet:

I'd also like to tell the ladies how great they look. :sweet:

Puke. :tongue:

I'd advice everyone that we should check the airplane thoroughly before anyone takes off in it. Let me start...

If this has been asked and answered, please excuse me, but was anything written on the tape?

Nothing is written on the tape. In fact, it does not have a label.

27.jpg

I think I'd like to examine that truck, see if anything is in it, see who it's registered to, hotwire it and drive the hell out of here! :wacko:

The truck has no registration within the glove compartment, but George states that the truck really belongs to the City, and he uses it from time-to-time to deliver mail, supplies, and hot dogs to his stand on Main Street.

The tank is actually half full, but you can fill it up with the gas in the container if you'd like.

Nothing special about the 4-stud wide vehicle, other than it being a real "Classic".

I'll go search around the truck as well, checking under the seats, in the glove compartments, etc.

Nothing is revealed upon further inspection of the inside.

I'm wondering if George's truck or the 'Big Rig' has a tape player in it. I'd like to go and find out.

The "Big Rig" is located near Main Street - but it contains an 8-track player. The smaller truck has no tape deck.

George states that if you're done looking at his truck, he'll be glad to show Eleanor and the others his "Acme Build-Your-Own-Plane" kit.

No mail? Hm...

George states that if you're done looking at his truck, he'll be glad to show Eleanor and the others his "Acme Build-Your-Own-Plane" kit.

Alright, let's go, but I am not putting a toe on that plane. Then can we go to the switch tower? :tongue: