100 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

i im new here so this is my 1st post

i noticed on the box it depicts a straight piece of track for mine use and train use AND there dosent seem to be any straight track in the set its self or can i just not see it? , anyway does this mean that lego may release a mine cart expansion kit ?

Good point! You're quite right. The straight track isn't in the set so we will see it later somewhere else. I really doubt it will be in a 7199 expansion set though.

Thanks for the review! :thumbup:

All these Indy sets look very useful for MOCing parts (especially the "new" colours - dark tan, dark brown, bley :blush: ), and the minifigs keep on improving. I'd like to see minifigs like these in Castle and Pirate, rather than the somewhat identical/same parts-rehash at the moment.

This one looks out of my price range, and track-sets don't have too much appeal for me, but we'll see.

With the "log trap" (call it that for now), would relacing the 2x2 brown brick with a 2x3 brick, so that the extra 1x2 was on the track-side, prevent the log turning around for the Thuggees? Then no hand-of-god would be necessary.

g-suupports-chasea.jpg

With the "log trap" (call it that for now), would relacing the 2x2 brown brick with a 2x3 brick, so that the extra 1x2 was on the track-side, prevent the log turning around for the Thuggees? Then no hand-of-god would be necessary.

I did already try that, but moving the apparatus one stud along means the cart gets jammed in the 'Y' angle between the two limbs of the plank and Technic axle.

Perhaps an offset would work better - back to the drawing board!

I did already try that, but moving the apparatus one stud along means the cart gets jammed in the 'Y' angle between the two limbs of the plank and Technic axle.

I think you misunderstood me :blush:

I meant put a 1x2 brick in the gap between the 2x2 brick and the sleeper of the track, so that when the log comes round, the technic bricks under the log hit the 1x2 brick, and so stop turning. The technic axle could still pass over, as it is higher up.

Edit: Just tried it. You need an extra 1x2 plate/tile on top of the 1x2 brick to make it work, but it does.

Thanks for another amazing set review svelte-corps! I love this set, so I voted outstanding, the figs are brilliant, even more so now I've seen a lot are double printed. Mola Ram is my favourite. I agree the set could've been a bit more precise to the movie, but I love the Temple of Akator set and that wasn't nearly accurate. The tracks pieces look great and very useful, hopefully we'll see more of them. Plus a great assortment of useful brown, dark tan and other bits, really looking forward to getting this bad boy!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Can you plz tell me where i can get this set? As my name goes i am obsessed in indy. so can you plz tell me? :classic:

Welcome to Eurobricks.

"plz" don't talk like that, no one really likes it.

As for the sets, I don't think they are available in many places, but they should start popping up soon...

they should start popping up soon...

Thats what she said :classic: . I like the looks of this set, But unfortunately i never buy any of the "big" indy sets because i have to make room for Star Wars. Ill probably get a cairo ambush and a venice chase or chaucilla graveyard battle.

Thats what she said :classic: . I like the looks of this set, But unfortunately i never buy any of the "big" indy sets because i have to make room for Star Wars. Ill probably get a cairo ambush and a venice chase or chaucilla graveyard battle.

I think I will buy the Graveyard Battle because of the minifigs.

Great review! I enjoyed reading it!

Thats what she said :classic:

Way to use my joke on me! :laugh:

All of these sets look superb, with the figures and everything! I can't wait to see them in stores!

SV: This is a fantastic review. Your images are outstanding and I like all the extras that you added, including the movie pictures.

This set looks sooooo fun! It has all the cool stuff that I've been wanting Lego to make over the years: a mine, mining carts, narrow gauge track, sloped track, lanterns, and all the extras - just incredibly fun. One can add this to pieces from the Dwarf Mine as well as Wild West to create one awesome mine!

I can't wait to buy this set when available at my TRU.

Thanks for the great review. :thumbup: Just AWESOME!

I'm really expecting a mine cart expansion track, It could go great with the set and for train collectors who don't feel like buying a $90 set just for the track pieces. I am also epecting a temple recue set with sacrificial cage, Huge kali statue, chatter lal, short round, willie(ceremony), indy (no shirt) , and 2 guards. It could be used seperatly to get people who couldn't buy 7199 to get this set instead but could also be atached to 7199 to complete your temple of doom! Mola ram isn't in it for marketing purposes, he should be an exclusive to 7199 and a bridge set! Also a complete mining are could be made as a medium size set with the battle on the steam roller, some mine cart track, a mine cart (extra one for 7199), some ladders and a small intrance in the top, It could include short round, Indy (7199), willie (7199), 2 slave children?, and 1 shirtless guard. This could be added onto the back of 7199. Then in 2010 or 2011 the big set could be pankot palace which could also be connected to 7199 somehow. This could create the entire temple sequences or just some of your favorites. 7199 is the beggining of a beutiful line :cry_happy:

slevte corps. great review, but how high is the temple piece? I've been dying to know :hmpf_bad::blush:

i designed a temple of doom set last year with pankot palace, temple with full kali ma statue, mine, and minecart chase. i was unable to make the minecart part because i didnt have any train tracks and didnt want to buy any. i really wanted to get this set but i had decided not to because my design was better and i didnt have enough room in my budjet. but now your very nice review has made me chande my mind. now i cant wait for this set to be released! i abosolutely must buy this set! the included figures are abosolutely amazing! i have decided to combine this set with my own design to make a much better temple of doom than either of them alone.

thanks for another wounderful review!

I saw something like that on the MOC pages. You wouldn'y happen to be "Indy ram" on there would you? (sorry if I'm mistaking)

Edited by legoindy01

Currently building my own copy of this set, just got it yesterday :grin: Have to agree about the minifigs, they are top-notch :wub: (and to think I was seriously considering selling them, shame on me.) Too bad we won't get these great faces in the Right Colour :wink:

Also in Bag 1 are two minecarts and two pools of flaming lava. The minecarts are a small half-cylinder piece rimmed by the new window in dark bley and attached via frictionless Technic pins to the wheel assembly so the carts can veer from side to side. Don't believe the box art though, there's no way that our three heroes can all fit in just one cart (see how they've Photoshopped Short Round *between* the cylinder and end of the cart? :tongue:):

Not sure if your minifigs are somehow larger than mine, but I can fit our three heroes into one cart quite easily. It does get a bit crowded in there, but they all fit. And then it felt natural to cram Mr Rama-lama-ding-dong-Mola-Ram and his two companions into the other, no problem there either. I'll see if I can take a picture of that later.

Currently building my own copy of this set, just got it yesterday :grin: Have to agree about the minifigs, they are top-notch :wub: (and to think I was seriously considering selling them, shame on me.) Too bad we won't get these great faces in the Right Colour :wink:

Should we be expecting a review? :wink:

Svelte, I had the exact same problem, with figs almost NEVER fitting under the booby trapped mine cart, no matter how i positioned them. My solution to this was to simply move the track back one stud. Now they all fit through fairly easily. This is what i mean:

6440_144481654656_543519656_3073941_2008807_n.jpg

Also Quarryman: With all 3 minifigs in the one cart, it becomes impossible for them to fit under the abandoned mine cart, even if you use my redesign

Edited by TheTacoMan

i just wanna say that this is, hands down, the best review on all of EB.

oh, and it convinced me to get this set. :thumbup:

Great Review. I wasn't going to get this set but, I have changed my mind since seeing your review. Again I am very impressed and I can't wait to build it. I will rate it after I get it. :classic:

Edited by Jack Bricker

I just bought this set and mostly because of your review. I was so impressed by what I saw in the pictures that I just couldn't resist. :wub: It is indeed a wonderful set and so full of details and traps. I really like the main skull and the mining carts. The whole thing reminds me very much of the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland where I went on vacation in 2008. Thanks again for a great review and all of those great pictures. :classic:

This review is excellent, so detailed and thorough. I love this set (especially the figs) and want to get it even more having seen this review!

I might have to get this set, just because of the awesome Mola Ram. I remember ToD was my first IJ, and I loved it.

My only worry is that it's priced $129.99 in Canada, and it only has $65.20 worth of pieces. I guess it makes up for it with the metre-long track.

Looks like if anyone wants this set, now's the best time!

I own this set, and I'm thinking about getting a second one just to expaned my minecart track, Because if you really think about it, The track is really nice but its nowhere close to accurate.