Sign in to follow this  
legoindy01

What's your Favorite Licensed theme and WHY?

Licensed Themes  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Theme?

• Batman
    • Ferrari
    • Harry Potter
    • Indiana Jones
    • Speed Racer
    • Spiderman
    • Spongebob Squarepants
    • Volkswagen
    • Williams F1

What's your favorite licensed theme (excluding star wars) Post the theme and your reasoning.

Note: this isn't a topic to talk about why you hate a certain theme :devil: but to talk about how you love another one. :tongue:

Mine has to be Indiana Jones. :grin: Lets face it, jones has someof the best figures, the best vehicles(not including star wars :vader: ) and the best set features. Indiana Jones is just a really fun and well designed theme. Plus unlike star wars :yoda: you can actually be able to collect all the sets, because they aren't way over priced but they don't make new sets extremely often :sing:. Plus it's got tons of rare pices and colors to go along with the sets (dark green, tan, grey, brown) Indiana Jones is the ultimate lego theme (not including star wars!) :yoda:

Edited by ImperialShadows
Poll Added, Title Adjusted

Mine has to be Indiana Jones. :grin:

NO WAY!!! *oh2* I would have never guessed that! :tongue: Anyway, I agree with you and with all what you said. :thumbup:

This thread needs a poll. otherwise it's almost useless. :wink:

This thread needs a poll. otherwise it's almost useless. :wink:

Correct!

I suppose that means me. :hmpf:

Poll added! :thumbup:

Batman! All the way! ) :cry_happy:

The theme gave us so many awesome details, figures, heads, torsos, ideas! The sets (most of them) were pretty great, full of playability and nice-looking.

The main and only downturn was vehicle vs vehicle concept, but, still what was done, was done greatly! The game is seriously the best Lego videogame to date (not only because it's Batman). And it had such great potential! ) :cry_happy:

Bring the theme back, TLC! :sing:

Still, we Batfans are united and firm in our movement to create many new Batman MOCs and MODs! ) :bonaparte:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Indiana Jones for the win! :laugh:

I've always loved the movies, and sets based on some of their most iconic scenes were always going to go down a hit with me.

I voted for (the all-too short-lived line...) Bats. Such great characters - tons more which will prob never see Licensed creation. :sceptic:

Why exclude SW immediately though?

Don't get me wrong, I love the star wars theme :vader: . But it already has its own theme page. I really wanted to keep this with all other licensed themes (Spongebob, batman, Indy, Harry Potter etc.) Plus if I did include star wars, almost everyone would've voted for it :sick: . I really was interested in what people though of other themes, not star wars. Besides, we already know how much everyone loves star wars as it is. :grin::yoda:

NO WAY!!! *oh2* I would have never guessed that! :tongue: Anyway, I agree with you and with all what you said. :thumbup:

Ha! :laugh: , I guess it really is that obvious :grin::laugh:

Edited by legoindy01

Batman and Indy respectively. Though I don't talk about Indy much, my father and I watch them together all the time and I love them all apart from the horribly disjointed 4th one. The sets for both these themes are fantastic and in my opinion have the best and most detailed figs to ever be seen in Lego sets. They also included fantastic pieces that are really useful.

Also Batman meant I could have my sigfig beat up people :tongue:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Batman. No contest. :thumbup:

It gave us so many new vehicles, faces, and molds,

Plus, for the first wave, Lego gave out alternate models to try and build. I am a sucker for alts. :classic:

And I love Batman. I have read a couple of graphic novels, Knightfall, and No Man's Land.

I love all the amazing vehicles he has. A tank, a plane, a subway... :cry_happy:

I like Batman.

Of course, if Lego released a Doctor Who theme, then the above post would be different... :tongue:

Edited by DoctorDude234

Batsman was a cool theme but the sets sucked and the minifigs were the only good part to it. I like Indy the most, I love the creativity and rare parts included in all of the sets.

I think Indiana Jones. Great figs, the sets have variety, and this theme has some of the best sets in a couple of years.

Mine has to be Indiana Jones. :grin: Lets face it, jones has someof the best figures, the best vehicles(not including star wars :vader: ) and the best set features. Indiana Jones is just a really fun and well designed theme. Plus unlike star wars :yoda: you can actually be able to collect all the sets, because they aren't way over priced but they don't make new sets extremely often :sing:. Plus it's got tons of rare pices and colors to go along with the sets (dark green, tan, grey, brown) Indiana Jones is the ultimate lego theme (not including star wars!) :yoda:

Indy will be there soon.

7198 Fighter plane attack - 384 pieces - $50

7199 Temple of Doom - 652 pieces - $90

7195 Ambush in Cairo - 79 pieces - $11 (Im not complaining about paying an extra dollar, but this says the prices on smaller sets are slowly rising)

Batsman was a cool theme but the sets sucked and the minifigs were the only good part to it.

It was a cool theme but the sets sucked? :wacko:

Edited by daxflame680

It was a cool theme but the sets sucked? :wacko:

I meant the overall feel and ideas of the theme was really cool but the set designs and parts were really bad.

I have to go with Indiana Jones. Even in a discussion about only the minifigures, I felt that the Batman minifigs, while cool, were kind of limited to Batman. On the other hand, all of the figures with Indiana Jones are normal looking people with great outfits, that can easily be fit into other MOCs of just normal people.

The same thing goes for the vehicles too: Batman only provided odd looking Batman-y vehicles, while the Indy stuff are all just awesome normal cars and planes.

The bottom line: Indy rocks!

(P.S. I wonder why no one has mentioned Galidor as their favorite licensed theme? Oh wait, I know why...)

Indy for the win!

The minifigs are outstanding, the set designs are a good mix of playsets, buildings, and vehicles, several new interesting pieces have been introduced in lovely colours, and the prices are actually generally very reasonable for a licensed theme.

Batman was OK, but it quickly became repetitive. The figs were good but not amazing. 2006 was the first and best year, and even then it didn't really seem to sell that well.

If Indy wasn't around, Harry Potter would probably be my first choice as they had a lot of great sets with fantastic figs too. Over-exposure really killed this theme though.

There's a lot to like about SB too but as Clone O'Patra says, Indy is really useful across the board whereas some of the SpongeBob stuff is too theme-specific.

I meant the overall feel and ideas of the theme was really cool but the set designs and parts were really bad.

Nope, I still don't understand :tongue:

Spiderman was the best. Probably just because I'm a marvel fanboy :tongue:. Recently: Indiana Jones. It's like the fifth best thing in the world!

:oh3: But the spiderman sets were terrible!

Nope, I still don't understand :tongue:

:oh3: But the spiderman sets were terrible!

If I stuck a gun to your head, then would you understand? :tongue:

I voted for (the all-too short-lived line...) Bats. Such great characters - tons more which will prob never see Licensed creation. :sceptic:

Because Star Wars would get so many votes, the server would crash. :tongue:

Excluding SW (and Exo-Force- isn't that considered licensed? Note that I like it, but...), my favorite licensed theme would definitely have to be Indy. It has such wonderful figures, accessories, and sets... I could go on and on about how great Lego Indiana Jones is. This year is really expensive, but I think the creativity and craftsmanship of the sets is worth it. Also, in more ways than one, I like Indy even better than SW. Mainly because I love to set up and rearrange my sets to relive great Indy moments. Currently, I have eight poison ants devouring a flailing Col. Dovencheko with a petrified Spalko hanging from a (Lego) tree. This I can't do with my SW ships.

I voted for Indy because I love the semi-historical nature of the line. I used to be a huge Harry Potter fan and was an avid collecter of that line's sets, but after the final book I lost interest.

Anyway, this thread should have included a Galidor option.

This poll is missing Disney, Dora the Explorer and Jurassic Park (though presumably the poll results would be about the same if they were there anyway)...

I voted for Indiana Jones. Even though I have yet to buy a IJ set (and watch an IJ movie), I can see that all of the sets are very good. The Temple of the Crystal Skull, for example. It came with around 1000 pieces, most of which were good ones (like a huge baseplate and foliage), for only around $70. I also like Indiana Jones because of the great minifigures and how most of the set are scenes instead of vehicles. I tend to like sets that have many small things, instead of one huge model.

Harry Potter would come in second if it wasn't for Indiana Jones. Even though I never even saw a set on the shelves of stores, I really like the books, and most of the sets seem good.

Edited by ILikePi