ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

The Tyson's store is the best be in the DC area, as the Woodbridge store is larger, but the pab selection sucks down there. Ask for Gene @ Tyson's, he will hook you up with the goods!

can you pm me his email address so i can contact him.

How I envy you Americans with you sturdy, reusable non-splitting plastic cups - you even get a choice of size!. I wish we had something like that in the UK :tongue:

Don't worry, our PAB cups stateside will split too. I've jammed stuff down in them tight enough to crack the side open. When you've got a big block of 2x4 bricks and you jam it down, sometimes the sharp corners will split the round cup open. It would really help if LEGO made the cups square, but I suppose round cups are easier to stack.

BTW, yesterday I hit the San Mateo, CA (Hillsdale) store and picked up dark bluish grey 2x4 bricks, DBG 6x16 plates, 6x8 green and white plates, medium blue 1x2 bricks, light bluish grey 2x4 bricks, bamboo leaves, plant stems, the red flowers that go on the plant stems, orange flames, pearl gold lattice windows, green 1x4 tiles, orange 2x2 plates, 2x2 white bricks, 2x6 DBG bricks, clear 1x2 bricks, black 2x3 slopes, tan and white 1x8 bricks, and dark red 2x4 bricks. They also had lots of green and orange bricks, 1x2 reddish brown log bricks, 1x4 LBG bricks, 1x2 trans-black bricks, 4x6 white plates, 2x8 black bricks, white horses, some sort of windshield, steering wheels, DBG wheel wells, 1x1 round plates (lime, orange, clear, trans-yellow, trans-red), and a bunch of other stuff I didn't need. And yes, they had the ubiquitous instrument gauge tiles!

The wall at Westfield London has improved somewhat - I've come back from there and they have 1x8 tiles in white, as well as 1x4s in black and LBG, and (finally) some 1x10s in white. Stratford isn't bad either, just try not to be distracted by the female staff members.

The wall at Westfield London has improved somewhat - I've come back from there and they have 1x8 tiles in white, as well as 1x4s in black and LBG, and (finally) some 1x10s in white. Stratford isn't bad either, just try not to be distracted by the female staff members.

LOL Drew! How did I know that was your post without looking at the name? default_laugh2.gif Glad to hear about the tiles, now for a PAB wall near me...

My store (Denver/Lakewood) had some 1x2 log style pieces in brown and dark bley. I got some of the dark bley and filled an entire cup with the brown. Obviously both pieces are no longer there...alas.

I'm visiting my brother and his wife in Charlotte North Carolina and we're going to the lego store in Concord on Saturday. Can someone let me know what the prices are for cups at the store or at least what the prices are in the US in general? I'm from Toronto and our prices are always a bit higher.

At the store I bought mine at(Glendale, CA) the big cup was about $15. I don't know about the smaller one, I'd guess about half that. I'm sure the price is pretty regular across the board.

I have a question about just buying a full box of pieces. If they don't have the piece in store, would they order it for you? I know this may vary by store/employee...

I have a question about just buying a full box of pieces. If they don't have the piece in store, would they order it for you? I know this may vary by store/employee...

You've just answered your own question. Keep in mind that shipping can be unreliable and can take months from when the order is placed.

Hi all,

Just got back today with my first PAB ever at the Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Lego Store at Sherway Gardens. I built stacks of 1x2 and 1x1 and placed them in the grooves around the perimeter of the cup, then build a solid core and filled the rest with small pieces. I was in a rush because I had to pick up my kids at a certain time, but overall, I'm pleased with the haul. Some great pieces and neat colours. 756 pieces in all. Lots of kids filling up their holiday boxes. Mine was the large cup for $19.99.

6746846211_b0e22aa45c_z.jpg

6746846073_a96b0a8b66_z.jpg

You've just answered your own question. Keep in mind that shipping can be unreliable and can take months from when the order is placed.

Mmkay, thanks. I guess I should've worded it a bit differently. What I meant was more like a special order. Not one that would come in with the stores next regular shipment of PaB boxes.

Mmkay, thanks. I guess I should've worded it a bit differently. What I meant was more like a special order. Not one that would come in with the stores next regular shipment of PaB boxes.

No, they're not able to do that.

I'm rebuilding my LEGO basic brick inventory, and the Pick A Brick wall is just a fantastic resource :) I am fortunate enough to have two Lego stores nearby (one that I pass by every day) and have been getting one or two large PaB cups per week. My piece counts have been pretty low because I am mostly stocking up on 1xN bricks in various colors (white, light bley, tan) for my new city, and also foliage and any tiles I can find. I will probably switch to more specialized pieces once I feel my stock of basic pieces is sufficient.

I have to go to Boston tomorrow for a meeting..

Think I'll swing through Burlington on my way back and hit the Lego store at the Mall there..

Never been to a Lego store before, will be fun to pack a cup and see what I can fit ~

Check out our latest Pick a Brick haul. We filled a holiday box and large cup. More to come!

I like the Mario creations on the TV!

I didn't think this question needed it's own topic, so I'll ask it here. In regards to PaB.

Anyone who knows if would be a better deal if I bought a box of pieces or stuffed a few large cups with pieces. The pieces I'm looking for are 2x4 dark grey tiles(sidewalks)?

I didn't think this question needed it's own topic, so I'll ask it here. In regards to PaB.

Anyone who knows if would be a better deal if I bought a box of pieces or stuffed a few large cups with pieces. The pieces I'm looking for are 2x4 dark grey tiles(sidewalks)?

2x4 dark bley tiles aren't available on the wall.

2x4 dark bley tiles aren't available on the wall.

Well, that answers that question. :tongue: they've never been on a PaB wall? Drat...I guess I'll have to resort to online PaB...

Next week I am going to Cardiff for a couple of days. I understand that there is a LEGO store there. Do they have a PAB wall as I have yet to experience one and am getting excited?

Well I visited the Lego store in Burlington Massachusetts yesterday afternoon..

Never been in an actual Lego store before.. Man they pack a lot of stuff into a relatively small space.

While I was packing my cup the employees were scurrying around preparing for somebody important to visit the store,

making sure the displays were good, the floor was swept etc. A short while later 2 men came in and they were walking around

talking with the store Manager.. When they got out back where I was one of them introduced himself as Eric and asked me a few

questions about myself, how long I've liked Legos, if I had kids and what they liked about Legos, and we talked about the

upcoming LOTR sets. He was pretty surprised I knew so much about them (thanks Eurobricks LOL) We spoke for about 5 minutes

then they moved on to out back and I finished packing my cup.

When I checked out, the person that rang me up said I got to give good feedback to a 'really high up the chain' guy..

Said he was a Director of Marketing or something like that for Lego USA.

At any rate, here's my cup and what I ended up with~

DSCN1178.jpg

DSCN1179.jpg

DSCN1180.jpg

DSCN1181-1.jpg

and the count:

1x2 textured white = 39

1x2 white = 27

1x3 white = 31

2x2 white = 48

1x8 white tiles = 31

1x2 textured grey = 32

2x2 black = 32

1x4 black = 91

1x8 black tiles = 7

1x4 brown tiles = 76

1x1 round orange = 68

1x1 round trans red = 93

1x1 round trans blue = 49

1x1 trans red tile = 178

Total 802

:classic:

EDITED to add.. Because I'm a geek I went to Lego.com and filled my basket from the pick a brick

section with these exact parts to see what an online order would have cost for these same things..

Total? $99.08 plus shipping

Edited by STIG

Nice haul STIG. Must have taken a whole to stack the 1x1 rounds, but effort seems to have paid off.

EDITED to add.. Because I'm a geek I went to Lego.com and filled my basket from the pick a brick

section with these exact parts to see what an online order would have cost for these same things..

Total? $99.08 plus shipping

Wow! What a great deal! Better not spread the word too much. They might add the "TRU" tax and you'll be spending about that much. :tongue:

Just kidding TRU...

Set my castle on fire? Or maybe do a little MOC of hell with Osama bin Laden in there... with 70 "virgin" skeletons. I have lots of trans red and yellow 1x1 plates, and I got lots of trans orange cheese slope from last year, that'd do for lake of fire. :lol:

Politics and Lego rarely mix.