Mariann Asanuma

The Hope of Obama

Hi all! I just wanted to share my latest LEGO creation with you.

3370093319_d12c7e559f.jpg

It took me about a month (and most of my Dark Blue) to make this. It is 28 inches tall and 19 inches wide. You can read more about it on my blog.

I wont comment on what the mocs about, but it is put together very nicely, great work!

That's amazing! I've never been really into building mosaics myself, but looking at this great MOC I want to start.

Well, seeing as it's my goal to have the least political-ness here, I won't comment on the subject, but I will say that this is a superb MOC, and a perfect transfer from the image on the poster! :thumbup:

Very good use of pieces! :thumbup:

This is fantastic! Once I was walking down the street when I found a sticker that had this picture, It looks exactly like it! :oh:

Good job.

Looks very nice, it looks just like him. Though I personally don't like him...

Please, lets keep the political-ness out of here or there will be hell to pay.

Please, lets keep the political-ness out of here or there will be hell to pay.

Exactly what I said! :tongue:

We all know it's a great MOC, about a very IFFY SUBJECT! Please don't comment on politics.

I've seen sites destroyed over pointless arguments! In fact, why don't we all just vote for Darth Vader? Let's leave it at that, okay? :tongue:

Edited by Darth Legolas

Exactly what I said! :tongue:

We all know it's a great MOC, about a very IFFY SUBJECT! Please don't comment on politics.

I've seen sites destroyed over pointless arguments! In fact, why don't we all just vote for Darth Vader? Let's leave it at that, okay? :tongue:

Dang, I even copied you with the word political-ness.... :tongue: Vader for president! :vader:

Edited by Natman8000

Anyway, a fantastic moc Mariann! That is really impressive, an absolute likeness to the poster. I'm amazed that you managed to do that in a month!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I also really love the use of all that lite blue, looks great!

Edited by Natman8000

Damn, Batbrick beat me to it.

You're back! :cry_happy:

On a further note: Mariann, is that TEAL BLUE I spy!? Because if it is: Wow! You certainly have a lot of it. Dod you get it from the Beetle set?

AWESOME JOB!! Mariann :thumbup: . You did a great job on the mosaic. Your mosaic is definitely a great likeness of Obama. Have you sent any pics of it to him? You should, and see if he will hang it in the White House. You never know, he just might think it is awesome too.

Model On!!

On a further note: Mariann, is that TEAL BLUE I spy!? Because if it is: Wow! You certainly have a lot of it. Dod you get it from the Beetle set?

Thanks guys. I'm not trying to be political, I just thought that the poster looked cool. :grin:

If you mean Medium Blue (like in the Beetle Set) than yes. It has Medium Blue and the even harder to get Dark Blue. :wink: I did get the Beetle set for my Batman Mosaic, but I also got a lot of Medium Blue and Dark Blue from Pick-a-brick and Bricklink over the years. When I see the rarer colors, especially in 1x2 or 2x2 plates, I buy a lot all at once because I know that I will eventually use it in a mosaic of some sort.

A brilliant and very wonderful work with many interesting and ingenious details! :thumbup:

thats awesome. it looks pretty big too. if you zoom the IE window out to 75%, you cant even see the bricks :thumbup:

Looks perfect! And I also really liked how you put the words HOPE at the bottom.

I have one question, how do you really make mosaics? Like what do you start with and how do you know it will look like something?

Wow! This looks just like the real poster! I love it! Fantastic work!

I wish that I had the willpower and money (I have the artistic ability) to do something like this. :blush:

Great mosaic! :thumbup:

Looks perfect! And I also really liked how you put the words HOPE at the bottom.

I have one question, how do you really make mosaics? Like what do you start with and how do you know it will look like something?

Thanks Commander Cody. :thumbup:

To answer your question: How do I make mosaics?

Well, for one I don't make it with a computer program. The reason I know it will look like something is that I start with the image (in this case the Obama poster) and I decide how big or small I want it to be.

1. Using Photoshop (I know I said I don't use a computer program but I meant in the design process :grin: ) I enlarge (or shrink the picture) to the size I need.

2. I print it out in the right size.

3. I use transparent brick (LEGO graph) paper and put that over the picture.

4. I start drawing / designing my model on the paper (sometimes I use a light-table to help me design)

5. I build the mosaic (making changes if necessary from original design)

I like using a lot of SNOT techniques when building so that I can get the curves and details. Sometimes (like for Obama's eyes) I use other elements than just basic bricks and plates. I try to make it "buildable" and not "cheat" when I make a model, although sometime a brick or two is only held in by gravity. :wink:

Hope that helps you out. :yoda:

Agree with everything you are saying here. But I voted for :yoda:

:tongue:

Dang, I even copied you with the word political-ness.... :tongue: Vader for president! :vader:

:yoda::thumbup: