???theriddler???

How did you find Eurobricks?

I was alsoan FTBT member, I saw several links to here, so I became a member and never returned to FTBT. I also had the genera impression more was allowed here, FTBT was to strickt an I thought a European Lego forum would be much more loose, which it is. Is this actualy a European forum, I never knew for sure?

It started out as the European Lego community but then evolved into a world-wide community dedicated to those wonderful bricks from Europe (TLC is a European company after all). Our server is located in Europe but members and staff are from all over the globe.

I was on brickset and was looking at the new list for 05/06/07 sets and saw that the source came from eurobricks. So I clicked on the link and joined right away.

I found Eurobricks through Brickset. A few years ago I followed some links that were posted on Brickset and ended up on Eurobricks. I was a "visitor" for a long time before I joined. My main reason for visiting Eurobricks was to see reviews of sets that had pictures of the sets instead of just words.

I had just gotten back into LEGO after many many dark years, and was looking for a good on-line community.

One of the first I stumbled on was Belug witch I joined for a little year. But it wasn't my cup of tea and then found Classic-Pirates (one of the many good sub-forums of EB). After visiting I decided to join Classic-Pirates and discovered that it was part of one big community called "Eurobricks" and here I'm.

Time for one of those mildly entertaining stories :wink:

I used to post alot on the Bricklink forum, one day in January 2007 we were discussing new Star Wars sets, someone then posted a link to EB with pics of the Hoth Rebel Base and Republic Cruiser. Curious I clicked the link and it took me here, then I became enlightened into the world of leaked pics, I checked back often and became addicted to looking at leaked set pics, I had no idea before that we could see the sets before the official release

I lurked until April and then decided to join, since then it has been very fun

Before joining I always had a good laugh reading threw some of the discussions of honorary and past members :grin:

I hope I didn't bore anyone :tongue:

Great topic BTW :thumbup:

I came across Eurobricks when looking for the 'new' 2007 Castle line. I saw it was a friendly place and decided to join. :sweet:

~Peace

I went onto google and searched for lego collectors and fans and this site came up. I checked it out. I liked it and just hung around for a while and then I finally got the urge to join.

I found a Dutch forum called Lowlug. But they did not allow me to register over there and I also found out that much of the information came from here. :classic:

I found a Dutch forum called Lowlug. But they did not allow me to register over there and I also found out that much of the information came from here. :classic:

How coincidental, I had the same experience, I couldn't join because of my free e-mail adress and decided to look around some more.

Then eurobricks was most appealing and after a long tome of lurking I wanted to jump in a discussion and joined to do so. :thumbup:

Its great to see all the varied responses. Looks like others will be able to find this easier now, as it is a pinned topic for the time being.

I might just add that the beautiful banners and skins designed by Hinckley and Brickminer made this the most eyecatching site as well. This is important to me as Lego is a visual hobby after all.

Cheers

ISC :thumbup:

How coincidental, I had the same experience, I couldn't join because of my free e-mail adress and decided to look around some more.

Then eurobricks was most appealing and after a long tome of lurking I wanted to jump in a discussion and joined to do so. :thumbup:

Funny to read :classic: Also this forum is more alive then Lowlug...

If I can remember, I was bored and was looking around for contests to participate in. That was when i found CABG which lead me to Eurobricks through the star wars competition last year.

I came across eurobricks from the brothers brick. After this I just read the site but did not register but in the end I could not resist not being able to post here.

So I came about eurobricks pretty much the same way as awsomestar. Anyway interesting topic.

I was A vig Exo-force fan so i looked up many exo-force websites and found EXO-FORCE.net. The i found links to brickshelf (YA! Brickshelf) and i then found more links and the i found the best one and it was EUROBRICKS !!!!! :cry_happy:

Sorry i know I am new but i am a HUGE lego fan and will post many more replys and other things :classic:

I don't really remember... I think I was directed here by ReZourceman through some links he had on another site.

I created it, and then decided to stay :tongue:

LOL! :laugh:

OK. A little longer than most ppl's, but oh well.

I got back into lego again and after a couple of years i searched for a place to share my SW MOCs (don't tell the pirate fans :blush: ).

FBTB didn't let me join with my yahoo account, so i asked a friend of mine where he posted his creations.

That's when he told me about...

...MOCpages.

I wanted to get know ppl more than just a comment on my creation.

Never was a part of a forum or how they worked.

I got back into building my first favorite theme...

...pirates. :thumbup:

And lost interest in SW when the NT was finished. :sadnew:

Found all these pictures on MOCpages and BS on some of the creations i really liked:

pirate-forum-brickshelf3.jpg

Followed the site and the rest is history. :pirate:

Hasn't there been a topic like this before?

I was on FBTB Then I looked for a european forum and started lurking here a lot.

Then there was that fantastic Ice Cube Tray topic which deciced me to register and enjoy the fun :laugh:

Or something like this anyway...

Edited by yellost

I got back into collecting Lego last year after a 15 year hiatus, and I was eager to learn about the new sets that were coming, so I googled "lego + news" and there EB was :)

Can't really remember. But I think I accidentally bump into this website when I was searching for Bionicle images a few years back (while I'm a Bionicle fans) :tongue: