Specever

Pirate Battle & Imperial Guard Battle Packs

Ah, but there were both Castle Impulse and Castle Battle Packs in Northern America last year - so explain that!

Look up four posts. :pir-classic:

But if I could have a battle pack, I would include,

5 soldiers

1 officer

1 admiral/governor.

Soldiers + officer - OK. But they would never include an admiral or governor. Isn't he supposed to be a more rare minifig, found only in the biggest sets? It makes sense.

Soldiers + officer - OK. But they would never include an admiral or governor. Isn't he supposed to be a more rare minifig, found only in the biggest sets? It makes sense.

Yeah, the old admirals/governors were to be found only in the the largest fortresses or ships.

Yeah, the old admirals/governors were to be found only in the the largest fortresses or ships.

With good reason I'd say.

He'd twiddle his thumbs and complain there was no transparent wine goblet to drink from!

Hehehe, that's what Zorro does when he's supposed to be completing his Vice Admiral duties! :pir_laugh2::pir-tongue:

Here is my two cents, the Soldier Implulse is perfect. I say leave it be.

The pirate side could use some work. Why do we need multiples of the same pirate? Well, we dont but little kids can buy it and be stoked. I remember getting minifig packs back in 92 and I was excited. I still have all the Captain Red Beards, or whatever his name is, I got then and can't really justify using all 10 of them in all my Mocs combined. They are not generic enough. Most of us buy all the sets anyway and end up with a lot of similar guys. The old minifg pack had a few soldiers and a few pirates, all we really want are more soldiers isn't it? A few extra pirtes to fill in small gaps is all we need, not three for every two Soldier we add.

I like the impulse sets the way they are.

My only thought would be have two pirate impulses and one soldier so we can get a least some pirate variety.

Battle Packs would be great. Imagine the extra vehical/type things! Boats! Monkeys! Islands! Man, this is a great way for lego to make money. :pir-cry_happy:

I really like the impulse set, but it would be nice if TLC would make some pirate battle packs.

It don't need to be only Imperial soldier battle packs. Why no pirates, islanders and other things indeed.

It would be awesome.

You have a good point Cap'n Blackmoor. But I think people would rather get Imperial battle packs instead of pirates or islander packs because people use the Imperials to build armies. People don't use islanders or pirates to build armies. Anyway, the islanders have not been re-released yet.

You have a good point Cap'n Blackmoor. But I think people would rather get Imperial battle packs instead of pirates or islander packs because people use the Imperials to build armies. People don't use islanders or pirates to build armies. Anyway, the islanders have not been re-released yet.

Right, because it's so much more fun to have Pirates elude an army of Imperials than to have them evenly matched and win. :pir_laugh2:

If I could design some battle packs, here's what I would put in:

The Soldiers:

Normal soldiers (shako) (3)

officer (plumed tricorne) (1)

Admiral/governor (plumbed bicorne, admiral torso) (1)

1 cannon(like the one from cannon battle)

4 rifles

5 cutlasses

3 pistols

2 barrels

1 brown tresure chest

1 dark blue boat, with oars and lantern

1 parrot

1 monkey

1 palm tree

The Pirates:

Pirate 1 (bare-chest, green bandana, black legs) (1)

Pirate 2 (vest, Tricorne bandana, tan legs) (1)

Pirate 3 (green stripes, blue bandana, dark green legs) (1)

Lady Pirate (from Shipwreck Hideout) (1)

Pirate Captain

1 cannon (like the one from brickbeard's bounty)

3 rifles

5 cutlasses

4 pistols

1 dark brown barrel

1 pearl gold tresure chest

1 brown boat w/oars

1 parrot

1 gator

1 palm tree

This is a cool topic. I hope they do come out with battle packs!

Edited by Admiral M

So where's TLC's answer mate? :pir_laugh2:

I wouldn't be so sure that's all because of you :pir-sceptic: .

Do you have any idea how much those things cost to make?

Nah, I don't think they would create a new line of battlepacks in 12 days because some fan mentioned the idea.

I think you can be sure TLC's has had this idea for a long time already. :pir-wink:

So where's TLC's answer mate? :pir_laugh2:

I wouldn't be so sure that's all because of you :pir-sceptic: .

Do you have any idea how much those things cost to make?

Nah, I don't think they would create a new line of battlepacks in 12 days because some fan mentioned the idea.

I think you can be sure TLC's has had this idea for a long time already. :pir-wink:

Probably. Maybe they were working on it from the start, and are about to finish it :D

Oh. And TLC's answer is not in yet. You have no idea how slow the service is :/

Edited by Specever

Probably. Maybe they were working on it from the start, and are about to finish it :D

Ah.. That's jolly good, but in that case this topic doesn't really prove anything and is pointless. Right? :pir-look:

Oh. And TLC's answer is not in yet. You have no idea how slow the service is :/

Oh, yes I do, I used to post once in a while on that dreadful message boarrd, en los tiempos Maricastaña..

I never encountered 12 days though, and how are you so sure they did leave a comment afterall?

I think TLC had plans for the new Pirate theme a long time already. I don't think they would release battlepacks in 12 days because it costs lots of time and risk to release new sets. If they planned to release battlepacks they had done it already.

But who knows....

I think TLC had plans for the new Pirate theme a long time already. I don't think they would release battlepacks in 12 days because it costs lots of time and risk to release new sets. If they planned to release battlepacks they had done it already.

But who knows....

Hmm, I'm not so sure they would've released them already.

Remember, the castle battle packs weren't released toghether with the first castle sets either.

I also think Impulses and battle pasks are totally seperate ideas in the eyes of the business end of things.

The idea for Impulse sets are up near the cash register or spread out in onbvious places and when you check out you buy an extra cheap Pirate or soldier on top of what you are buying already, impulsively, hence impulse set. They really are not great on their own, you can not build anything with it.

Battle packs are more like a small set. They would be on the shelf in the Lego section by the other sets. By itsefl it can be very fun for a kid and it is bought like a set not impulsively.

In conclusion, we could get both, impulses to add one minifig at a time that we grab as we check out and also minifig packs in the Lego section with a few figs and a small build to make our set collection grow.

As collectors we will buy both anyway, to parents with kids it is a whole different story.

Specever, just because you create a thread in the forums on LEGO.com and one person replies doesn't mean the LEGO Group is going to take action on the suggestion or even be aware that you've suggested it.