ziljin

I tried to see them as belts but in the end, it is too annoying. Luckily, it is easy to fix. The classic knights are among my favorites. I used to have alot of them but the prints faded & the stickers fell of. I'm thinking of making my own as soon time permits. The Dragon Masters are among those I don't like. Though your Dragon Masters looks good. :wink:

8 dollars for one single plume? I guess I'm lucky since I have two complete sets. To bad they aren't in production any more.

Nice Forestmen & Royal Knights army. I use my forestmen as civilian hunters but I don't have any Royal Knights. A few shields but that's about it.

Thanks a lot man. Long ago when I was going to only get new castle minfigures from Kingdoms and beyond, I was going to use my 2 childhood forestmen as hunters or lumberjacks. But I have a small army of them now so I will use them as Forestmen again. I recently got a bunch of Crusaders too. Quite a few of them have faded torsos. =(. I need to get some Black Falcons next! Every faction I have at least 5 of now except the Black Falcons!!! And zero classic knights, not sure if I want those. The only castle factions I am not particularly fond of are the Vikings lol. But I must get more of them for completion! I only have 2. Going by that logic I should get some of the classic minfigures too.

My Shadow Knights army. Not as impressive but I am getting more later on when I get tired of buying the older ones.

You need to get some black falcons! They are certainly neat for sure. I'm not sure how many I have though.

You need to get some black falcons! They are certainly neat for sure. I'm not sure how many I have though.

I will try to get some next month when I get some more money hah. Only Vikings and Black Falcons are lacking in numbers now. Black Falcons first since those are more rare!

Seeing Mythos' thread showing off her husbands Chinese army made me realize I should post my small squad as well. Here is my first BrickTW armed and armored squad.

My_Small_Army-01.jpg

My_Small_Army-02.jpg

My_Small_Army-03.jpg

So i thought I upload some pics of my 13 factions I have.

Crusaders.

The Queen herself and her army. The largest cavalry in the Kingdoms

crusaders.jpg

Black Knights

blackknights.jpg

Black Falcons

blackfalcons.jpg

White Lions

whitelions.jpg

Dragon Knights

I really like how well the Elfs body fits to this army! My biggest army

dragonknights.jpg

Crown Knights

Only footmen. The only one riding in this army is the leader himself, Ian.

crownknights.jpg

Dragon Masters

dragonmasters.jpg

Forestmen

forestmen.jpg

Royal Knights

royalknights.jpg

Royal Lions

royallions.jpg

Snake Knights

snakeknights.jpg

Wolfpack

wolfpack.jpg

Bulls Knights

The Bulls have some wildmens (orc bodys) in their army.

bullsknights.jpg

That's quite a lot of impressive armies you got there, de Gothia. I like how you mixed new and old parts, combining new faces and old torsos, etc. It really adds character to the army.

My updated Dragons army. Not customized like my Lions, yet.

ArmyDragonKnights-1.jpg

Mumbles

So Jealous.

Hoboman

Great chinese army. The guy in the middle with the stick and straps looks like a city minifigure though?

de Gothia

Awesome armies! I see that you split up the crown knights for the Royal Lions. Looks like you have custom shields and brickforge pieces too. (How you do the custom shields anyway?) Those banners are custom correct? Either way they look so cool. And nice usage of troll torso and helmets for bull knights.

Ogre

Wow seeing so many of those prison carriages are is so cool. I am tempted to rebuild mine (I think I have like 10 of them?) or convert them into some pseudo chariot. Add even more cavalry to my dragon knights!!! If I ever get a new shelf to display my lego I will definitely do that!!!

And wow, I am in love with bricklink now. I was going to post my Black Knigts Army when I had like 20 of these guys but for some reason I decided not to. And now I have 76!!! Some are actually Crusaders/Royal Knights/Black Falcons but I find it easier to just lump them together with the Black Knights.

de Gothia

Great collection of armies! I miss seeing all those old factions. I am definitely jealous of the size of the Black Falcon group you have! I will need to get more in the future. And I agree the elf torsos can work with the dragons, or the forestmen perhaps.

Ogre

Impressive Dragon unit. Puts mine to shame.

ziljin

One word: Ridiculous. You and Bricklink have become close friends as of late.

haha definitely. I mentioned this somewhere on EB I am certain. But next month I hope to get 100 Vladek polybags off of bricklink (making my shadow knights my upcoming largest army). one seller has them for 2.98 each but 2.74 each if you buy 100 or more. So I will get 100. That saves me like 20 bucks which should cover the shipping and a little extra. And if I have any money left I will try to get some Black Falcons or forestmen or Vikings.

I also ordered 1 Evil Dwarf to get a yellow dragon plume. Now I think I should have just bought like 2 cheap minfigues instead and get a 50 cents yellow dragon plume instead of the 33 cents yellow dragon plume and 6 dollar evil dwarf. Also a viking with that order I think. I am thinking of getting a few of the evil dwarfs to make chaos dwarves or just dwarf variant for dwarf army. Don't know why dwarves cost so much. =(. They are like 5+USD even though the battlepacks ere only 3USD each! No doubt lots of resellers bought them up and charging 6USD each for huge profits.

EDIT: Also the reason I am buying up so many minfigures at once is because I am afraid there won't be any more left if I wait any longer. I could have been ordering from bricklink months ago or even years ago but I never did. I regret it now. I am going to be a poorman's Madoka. He has like 600-1000 of every minfigure faction. I am going to be happy if I can reach 50-100 in each faction. But if I get 100 minfigures per month which I can easily afford. I should smash my 100 minfigure quota for every faction in about a year or so.

If I had to guess. 1/3 are at 40+, 1/3 are at 10-30, remaining 1/3 at 5 or less.

Edited by ziljin

ziljin One word: Ridiculous. You and Bricklink have become close friends as of late.

And they keep expanding! They must be procreating. :grin:

De Gothia those are some great armies. I prefer multiple smaller factions (respectively - these are still pretty big to me) over one huge army, so this is perfect in my eyes. :classic: Are you going to MOC something for every faction? Because you've done quite a few already.

I have no castle army to speak of besides what came in MMV/Kings Castle, so I'll leave that to y'all.

And they keep expanding! They must be procreating. :grin:

De Gothia those are some great armies. I prefer multiple smaller factions (respectively - these are still pretty big to me) over one huge army, so this is perfect in my eyes. :classic: Are you going to MOC something for every faction? Because you've done quite a few already.

I have no castle army to speak of besides what came in MMV/Kings Castle, so I'll leave that to y'all.

haha indeed. my black knights army was zero until like 2 weeks ago. then 10, then 20, then 40, and then now 76. Seems there are a high supply of black knights compared to say black falcons or forestmen.

I was afraid that by now there would only be like 5 forestmen or etc left. Luckily still a few dozen or so in the US. I guess I might just move on to newer factions that should have hundreds or even thousands of minifigures left. I know that one seller has like 2000 vladek polybags so I don't have to worry about shadow knights running out.

EDIT: I was putting my minfigures in the mini ziploc bags I got but I am already running through them and still have like 200 mifnigures to organize. Not sure how I should store them. And going to have another 100 more once i get those vladek polybags. =(.

Edited by ziljin

Thank guys!

I also like the fact the combining the old with some new thing gives an extra something! :)

Yes Zijin, there are both Brickforge and Brickarms in there. I´ve fallen in love with the great helm from Brickforge. They are superior to Legos I think. The custom shields are both from Fryslayer on BS and from classic-castle. I have printed them on paper with glue on one side. Don´t know the real word for it... And then I attach it to the shield. It´s usually Islanders shield I´ve used. The banners are made in the same way. I´ve used paper made for Tshirt printing and printed my banner on some old sheet. And yup I split the crownies, they were so many any way and those poor Lions didn´t have so many..

And regarding sizes I totally agree with you Skipper. It´s much more fun to see smaller armies with different characters then huge one where each soldier kind of blur in to the others...

hehe zijin, I like your videos with the package your receving, reminds me o myself a couple of years ago!

ziljin

I'm not too fond of the vikings either but do I like two of their torsos. Their helmets are horrible. For storing of my minifigs I use something similar to Ikea's Kassett Box. It is only 2 ¾" high but it should be enough for a minifig. My boxes are half an inch higher.

Hoboman

BrickTW has some good things in their stock. The color looks like TLC:s old dark gray. Is it?

de Gothia

Just so you know. I will copy some of your combinations.

• Black headgear on a Crusader looks good. I don't do that but maybe I should.
  • Dragon plume on a great helm is great. I will use my plumes the same way. Don't have any in white, though.
  • You are right about combining the elfs & the dragons. They work well together. The part I might copy is the dark green & yellow flags. For now I only have dark green flags, but yellow flags really supplement the shields.
  • Gnome hat on a forestman is definitely something to copy. Only to get some variety.

Ogre

Fearsome dragon army!

6068682381_9d64acdb4e_z.jpg

Baron Mathayus: This is the best thing that came out of the Knights Kingdom II-line. Baron Mathayus is named after a fictional character.

6069229482_72c6cacd1d_z.jpg

Baron Balthazar: These are rather dull in my opinion. I put them together with mostly leftover parts. Bought a few shields to make them complete. Maybe they need some more color. Baron Balthazar is named after a fictional character.

6061414585_6f9672cba1_z.jpg

Baron Aether: I created a nobleman inspired by the four classical elements (Greek).

From left to right: Cousteau (water), Linnaeus (earth), Baron Aether, Tell (air) & Molotov (fire).

I wasn't sure if I should do Baron Aether in black or white, but I decided on black since I will have a white knight in a different faction. Cousteau should have a red hat but it wasn't enough stealth.

6068692341_a984c90851_z.jpg

Baron Grishnákh: A human being in my version but he is named after an Orc.

EDIT: Also the reason I am buying up so many minfigures at once is because I am afraid there won't be any more left if I wait any longer.

The way you are buying them, there won't be any left! A self-fulfilling prophecy I do believe. Although, this one will work IN your favor.

Magnus the Great

those two scorpion factions look great. I did not realize they had a different colored shield.

TheLegoDr

Well if I buy the 100 Vladek polybags that means 100 older minifigures are safe for now. Hm, I am still torn on the older castle minfigures where there are so many different legs/arm/plumes. I can't decide if I should leave them the way they are or try to make them as uniform as possible. like the scale male minfiigs some have blue arms red legs, red arms blue legs, blue arms blue legs, red arms red legs. I could leave them as they are or try to make them match up to red arms red legs and blue arms and blue legs as much as possible. Choice overwhelms me with WHAT IF.

TheLegoDr

Well if I buy the 100 Vladek polybags that means 100 older minifigures are safe for now. Hm, I am still torn on the older castle minfigures where there are so many different legs/arm/plumes. I can't decide if I should leave them the way they are or try to make them as uniform as possible. like the scale male minfiigs some have blue arms red legs, red arms blue legs, blue arms blue legs, red arms red legs. I could leave them as they are or try to make them match up to red arms red legs and blue arms and blue legs as much as possible. Choice overwhelms me with WHAT IF.

The for now means everyone else better hurry before you own every single minifig available for purchase!

How realistic do you want to be? I'd say uniformity is more pleasing to the eye, especially since most of your other armies are going to be uniform, but probably not as realistic.

The for now means everyone else better hurry before you own every single minifig available for purchase!

How realistic do you want to be? I'd say uniformity is more pleasing to the eye, especially since most of your other armies are going to be uniform, but probably not as realistic.

I guess not very since realism is difficult to achieve in the lego armies. It would have to be like everyone uses the same helmet since the helmets are from different time periods. And specific factions using specific shields/weapons. For now I will leave them the way they are I guess. Then later on if I get to the point where I have hundreds of them I will decide.

Thanks for the nice comments, everybody.

As I said, no customizing done yet but, those PCRs will (mostly) be made into light cavalry, keeping maybe two intact.

Magnus: Awesome units! Very creative. :thumbup:

Ogre

I hope you don't mind but I might be copying your idea. Well I want make to the PCR into some sort of chariot. I don't have enough saddles to make them into light cavalry. Maybe I should buy some saddles.

And I have been meaning to do this for some time now. My Crusaders Army. And I decided to use the faded torsos and damaged helmets as "battle damage". Crusaders are the only minfigures that have heavy fading from bricklink so far. the rest have no or little fading.

Well people wanted to see some of my husbands armies so here we go:

Scythians:

trojans.jpg

more pics of this army here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=381337

Greeks:

dsc01678.jpg

dsc01605.jpg

more pics of army here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=452226

Crusaders:

dsc01287.jpg

More pics seen here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/asterios/Crusaders/dsc01287.jpg

theres quite a few more but don't want to overwhelm people.

Well people wanted to see some of my husbands armies so here we go:

Scythians:

Greeks:

Crusaders:

theres quite a few more but don't want to overwhelm people.

Umm...wow! Just 'wow'. *mind...blown*

I vote in favour of being 'overwhelmed'! Please show more! :grin:

Ogre

I hope you don't mind but I might be copying your idea. Well I want make to the PCR into some sort of chariot. I don't have enough saddles to make them into light cavalry. Maybe I should buy some saddles.

*snort* Dude, it's not like I invented the idea. :laugh: Knock yourself out! IMO, that's at least part of what this forum is about...to inspire other army builders.

ziljin

Thanks, nor did I. It was when I stumbled on BrickLink's Reference Catalog I discovered the shield.

http://www.bricklink.com/

Your crusaders look good. Mine are far worse. 75% of my crusaders has faded beyond recognition. The corresponding figure for my Falcons is only 15%.

Ogre

Thank you!

Mythos

Those Crusaders are great. I wish I had time to do something similar.

Count Bricula

6076869487_bb6d16d17e_z.jpg

Count Bricula: I wanted to do something with all my conquistador helmets & leftover armor. The black helmet & the metallic silver armor happened to fit well with both the shield & the vampire. As usual, I had to make him human. The three different plumes reflect their rank. If it isn't obvious, his name is a pun based on Lego & a fictional character, which in turn is inspired on a 15th-century prince.