Sign in to follow this  
sam89

2004/2005 Sets and discussion thread

I visit both this site and FBTB almost daily and enjoy both sites for what they provide.

I definitely know to come here for any news and scoop on new sets (like this).

The Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds forum over there seems to have a lot more action than this site (for whatever reason).

Both sites have many friendly and helpful members. It's all good.

Wise and true words dunamis, so lets stop this, and talk Lego, allright guys? ;)

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!! :oD :oD :oD

the V-wing souds great. so does the slave 1! :)

lets just hope we get more then 1 clone with the V-wing :(

I am also very interested in the V-Wing. I'm hoping they will come out with the shuttle as well.

Looks like an expensive, but great, up-coming year!! :-D

I can hardly wait until January. I suppose we can probably expect a somewhat early release in December hopefully???? :oD

Looks like an expensive, but great, up-coming year!! :-D

I can hardly wait until January. I suppose we can probably expect a somewhat early release in December hopefully???? :oD

Yes...hopefully in time for the holiday season...now that is smart thinking... *satis*

Does anyone know who the guy is? Maybe he could take a picture of the boxes (possibly using a cell phone perhaps). These sets must be a foregone conclusion if they are producing boxes for them.

Looks like an expensive, but great, up-coming year!!  :-D

I can hardly wait until January.  I suppose we can probably expect a somewhat early release in December hopefully????  :oD

Yes...hopefully in time for the holiday season...now that is smart thinking... *satis*

I'm thinking back to the Cantina/AT-TE/TIE Bomber, and I'm pretty sure all January SW lines have been released around December.

It seems I missed out on some animosity towards the beloved fbtb... good thing too, I may not have had much of anything positive to say as of late... it just seems like there are too many young & immature people there lately... oh well...

now on to these new sets...

I may have to save up some money & actually buy sets at retail this Christmas... :-D They all sound like great sets, we'll just have to see if LEGO does or does not screw them up... I am hoping for 'does not' ;) I look forward to seeing these...

BIG TIME!

Life is Good.

The sets sound nice, and I'm looking forward to seeing both the IG88 minifig, the the wing construction of the V-Wing!!...

I'm most curious about the B-Wing. One of my all time favorite ships, and the first Lego incarnation didn't really feel me with much of a want to purchase it.

Does make me wonder what else TLG has in store for us next year, though, and not just in SW.

Akkh

Wow i sure hope these are sets are coming, i would love a Slave 1 with all those bounty hunters but its a real shame that Bossk isnt one of them :'(

A new B-Wing is long overdue as is the A-Wing.

Aw man, I was hoping for more scene sets!

But I iwll bag a Slave 1 and a V-Wing. WHo knows, maybye they've updated the Boba fig. (Jetpack not joined on helmet.)

- 6207 Awing with Pilot and crewman

- 6205 V-Wing with Clone Pilot

- 6208 B-Wing with Pilot

- 6206 Tie Interceptor with Pilot

- 6209 Slave I with Fett, Ig-88, 4-LOM, and Dengar!

Awesome news all round. I cant believe we're actually getting a bounty hunter set, I think Ive died and gone to heaven!

Im quite shocked that they're releasing so many OT sets in one go... that set list reads more like an OT fan's wishlist than an actual official release list. You'd think that they'd keep focussing on EpIII stuff while the kids have still got some enthusiasm for it. Its quite a poor marketing decision IMHO, but as an OT fan I'm really glad :)

I wonder if the A-Wing crewman is just the same engineer we got in the old set (but in peach, obviously)? Just hope they give the A-Wing and B-Wing pilots some better (ie more accurate looking) helmets this time round.....

IG-88. Marvellous :D

Will definately get the bounty hunter set. It's nice the ant-man is included. But what about the reptile dude who hissed at the officer in the movie?

But what about the reptile dude who hissed at the officer in the movie?

Would have been cool, but a new Bossk head-mould was probably too much for Lego to stretch to :(

will be interesting to see how they go about doing 4-LOM, Dengar and IG-88.... whether they make a good effort with them, or try and do it on the cheap, a la the Sandcrawler droids :/

When will Lego learn that they will get more sales by releasing it for xmas :(

These sets sound dam cool though. I hope the V-Wing isn't the second wave of ep. 3 though

so many new great new sets from lego this year and now looks set to continue next year. :-D need more money!

When will Lego learn that they will get more sales by releasing it for xmas

these sets will be out in most places by christmas though, wont they... although its officially the january 2006 line, in previous years they've always start appearing around november/december time

Excellent *satis*

V-WIng

Interceptor

.... *wub* *wub* *wub*

sam,

about the b-wing and a-wing... are those new versions, like the second falcon, or are they upgrades of the old sets, like the imperial inspection?

i don't see why we need just another Slave 1. don't we already have two different versions?

Sne,

I would think they are new versions like the Xwing and snowspeeder !!!!!!

Why??? because they are really old sets !!!!

A new slave 1 is great because the 1st one was real crap and the second one is too big and you can't put the cryo Solo in there !!!!!

i have no questions yet but awsome these sets will be so awsome i cant wait to see them all being as i dont have any of them older ones :()

Here's some new info:

The B-Wing looks pretty much the same. The sample package doesn't have sides or a back, so I can't tell if the crew figure and astromech are included, but there is a similar looking pilot. It looks like this one has some kind of a yellow Lego base stand so that you can stand your B-wing up.

The Slave-I features Boba Fett and the other three bounty hunters, and I didn't see it on the package, but I assume there is a carbonite block han included. This one is a cross between models 7144 (Fett's) and 7153 (Jango's), with the actual pieces more like Jango's, but coloration more similar to Fett's. For example, there are four quad guns on the bottom like Jango's and the cockpit is rounded like Jango's. They've added those smooth, flat pieces (where you can only connect other pieces to the bottom) all down the front spine of the Slave-I and it looks more sleek. Boba Fett figure looks the same as the prior version.

The A-Wing is pretty similar as well, though the front is redone so that its all smooth, with no lego bumps all over. The rest of the fighter colors are red and white instead of red and gray, and the ship looks to be a layer taller than the previous model. Back engines and side guns are pretty similar. The pilot figure looks similar from what I can see of him, but the ground crew figure looks new. He has some kind of radar dish and a seat, with a new helmet.

The V-Wing is the smallest of the sets and the clone pilot looks like the ones that were introduced in the ROTS sets. Looks like the wings/wing guns might rotate 360 degrees, but I can't tell that for sure.