Sign in to follow this  
The Rancor

Which Castle Sets Do you want for 2009?

Which Castle Sets Do You want for 2009?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What Castle set Do You want to be produced in 2009?

• An Orc Castle
    • An Elf Castle/Forest Castle
    • A more detailed Crownie Watch Tower on It's Own
    • A medieval windmill and farm
    • Extra medieval village add-ons
    • Better battle packs (includings Orcs or Townsfolk)
    • An Elf Tree Hideout
    • An Elf War Machine of their own
    • A battering ram (no, not a seige tower)
    • A trebuchet (minifig scale)
    • More Impulse sets
    • Something Else (Which is specified in user comments)

Hi everyone! I though with the release of the Medieval Town and a vision of an Orc wench, we can now discuss new sets for 2009 as speculation.

It will be interesting to know what everyone actually wants, condensed into a poll.

I for one would love the idea of any Elf sets at all, but I do love the sound of an Orc castle rumoured before.

I also think the crownies need more war machines, but you can decide...

(Please forgive me if there's already a thread for this)

Sorry for the repeated title in the poll overview! :blush:

Edited by The Rancor

I've gone totally village this year! With all the skeletons and orcs of previous years, I'm looking forward to some good ol' village life for my medieval world.

I voted totally on all elf and civilian stuff. We have now enougzh batteling stuff for at first, now it's time for something different to wide the castle horizon.

Orc Castle FTW! The green uglies really need a fortress of their own, and 2009 is the best time to do it! :wink:

A farm sounds pretty cool... But between a farm, an Orc castle and Elves... I'm not sure. :cry_sad::cry_sad:

So many great possibilities!!

And more Village building hopefully!

I voted Orc Castle and Trebuchet. Hopefully not a top price point Castle [like $50 would be good] and a non-wheeled trebuchet.

I would like to see a few more dwarve things, other than that, townsfol, a windmill would be sweet, so would a farm, all this ar stuff is getting kind of old. I miss the old days of Knights Kingdom, great sets there!

I do not want an orc castle. However a mountain encampment would be great. This is the way I voted.

I know the elves will come eventually. I am patient.

More village stuff would be great but I think they should do 1 set of village stuff per year. Kids will not be as excited for the village stuff and it is important to keep castle selling plenty of copies. I could do alot with a few of the market sets.

Long live castle!

Kids will not be as excited for the village stuff and it is important to keep castle selling plenty of copies. I could do alot with a few of the market sets.

I find it hard to believe that the younger target range for Legos are interested in the same type of thing over and over again. I mean this year I only bought the Dwarvin Mine from Castle because it was the only thing somewhat unique.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Troll Castle. I'd imagine a lot of useful brown bricks would be used and a place to store all my Trolls would be most helpful. I think they get a bit bored acting as paid henchmen for my Dwarves. :tongue:

A tree (Elven) based set would also be very nice, but I'd prefer if TLC fleshed out the existing factions (Trolls/Dwarves/and possibly Skeletons) more before jumping to a new faction. Still, I love the Forestmen concept and if the Elven sets share similarities with those, then I doubt I'd be disappointed.

Of course, more impulse sets are always a good thing. They bring new people to the theme and allow existing members to beef up their respective armies, as well as sometimes offering rarer minifigs such as the Good Wizard. Plus, sometimes some of us just need a quick LEGO fix and for ~$3.50 it does the job.

Lastly, to go with the new 10193 set, more medieval village sets to create a unique and varied village would add a lot to any existing Castle set. If the 10193 set sells well then maybe TLC will start to produce a fair amount of village sets. Even one set like 10193 on a yearly basis would be amazing. The wait between each set would be painful, though.

As you can tell, I really don't mind what types of sets are introduced, just that they are worth the money. Hopefully the 10193 Medieval Market Village set is only a sliver of the goodness that will be Castle 2009. :grin:

Edited by dj2005

An Orc "Castle", or more like a fort or a camp of some sort, would be cool, but I would much rather have a farm. With that farm the market village would be able to get its food. Also it'll give my trolls even more to plunder, or maybe the skeletons too. Better battlepacks would be nice. Almost everything there would be nice, but my final decision still stands.

An Orc "Castle", or more like a fort or a camp of some sort, would be cool, but I would much rather have a farm. With that farm the market village would be able to get its food. Also it'll give my trolls even more to plunder, or maybe the skeletons too. Better battlepacks would be nice. Almost everything there would be nice, but my final decision still stands.

i want these :

an orc castle - with dark green base colors or dark brown, that will be fantastic additional for castle 2008.

no dwarves anymore - it means, only dwarves mine. the unique of dwarves must be kept.

and finally to complete fantasy era, of course an elves.... with wonderful bow....

and lets dreaming castle 2009 will be better and of course "nightmare for wallet"

10193 medieval market village.... fantastic opening clue for the next castle

I chose Village add-ons (following the style of that awesome Medieval Market) , Orc Castle, Elf Castle, and better Battle Packs. Those are the four things that matter the most to me, ranked by importance.

Shakar

Village add-ons- for extra shops for the new set.

Battlepacks- need Dwarf and Elf battle packs. Also, Villagers would be nice.

Impulse Sets- gotta love them! Impulse sets are just so cool and you can easily slip one into teh shopping trolley everytime you go out to buy something.

Elf Treehouse Fort- if they come in the 12 dollar range, I can hopefully get a few and make a whole treetop village!

(5th Oct) Interesting to see that the most wanted sets are Village Add-Ons, closely followed by a windmill and farm.

@ Axel: I've never seen an Impulse in a shop, ever!

Keep the votes flowing in everyone!

Edited by The Rancor

I wouldn't mind seeing a Troll Castle. I'd imagine a lot of useful brown bricks would be used and a place to store all my Trolls would be most helpful.

That's why I voted Orc Castle - imagine the dark brown log bricks... :cry_happy:

That's a great idea for a topic with poll, The Rancor! :thumbup:

Since I'm a more classic orientated Castle fan I voted for A more detailed Crownie Watch Tower on It's Own, A medieval windmill and farm, Extra medieval village add-ons and More Impulse sets.

The most I'd like to see some add-ons for this awesome 10193 Medieval Market Village :wub: . (I created a topic with poll where you can vote for and share your ideas for add-ons to this brilliant set. :wink: )

Since this 10193 Medieval Market Village is a so excellent set it would be really a shame if TLG wouldn't offer some add-ons for it so that you can create your own medieval City.

But a medieval windmill and a farm sounds very promising to me, too. Plus a medieval farm would - like in the City theme - be absolutely amazing but even necessary (From where should all the knights and citizens get there food from after the market stands are empty?! :laugh: ).

A watchtower for the crownies which stands alone would be a perfect addition to a medieval city since there were always watchtowers in the cities of the Middle Age in order to watch the city itself but mainly the country around it and they were even necessary to sight enemies early enough. But this watchtower really should some without any fantasy creatures - then I'd buy it, too.

More Impulse sets are always welcome since they're not expensive and allow you to get lots of minifigs. A medieval citizen Impulse set would absolutely amazing!

Klaus-Dieter

Thanks for the detailed response Klaus Dieter :thumbup:

I agree about the larger and more detailed watch tower, the one in the Tower Raid was just so... Plain!

Hmm... all the options are nice, but i voted something else, because i want something dwarf related. A battle pack would be nice, but i would prefer a set. Something not based on the warlikeness of the dwarves, but on their craftmanship, like a building with a smithy. For the children a catapult and attacking orcs can be added eventually.

I just think that theres only one dwarf related set made by TLC, if you think about it, that is the dwarvenmine. the dwarf in the battle ship of the orcs doesnt really count, and the dwarvenmine defender is an impuls, not a real set if you ask me. And finally the chessbord, well, thats also more a army builder then a real set.

so i say: Dwarves for president! :tongue:

Dwarves. I want Dwarves, even just impulse. and maybe Troll castle, I can image lots of dark brown, sand green and dark green.

Orc Castle.

Picture it in your mind.

A ruined human castle now occupied by orcs.

The defiled sanctuary now houses the Evil Orc Hag and her minions roam freely in the night.

How could that possibly go wrong?

Elves NO! Orcs YES! :tongue:

Impulse Sets:

Peasant Trader - Peasant w/ dog & cow laden with trade goods (basket of veggies, etc).

Dwarf Weaponsmith - Dwarf with anvil, hammer and barrel full of weapons, armor and helmet.

Troll Sniper - Troll with Jedi hood and quiver armed with a crossbow and scimitar hiding behind a small brick built tree with a hawk.

Crown Champion - Fully armored and mounted knight on horse w/barding (similar to 6013 Samurai Swordsman and 6009 Black Knight).

Instead of a Battle Pack, I would like to see something similar to 6103 Castle Minifigs with a peasant and soldiers from each faction.

Edited by UsernameMDM

- Extra medieval village add-ons

- A trebuchet (minifig scale)

- Better battle packs (includings Orcs or Townsfolk

A trebuchet is easy to add, this never actually been made in official lego and would seriously scale up the firepower for long range!

Better battlepacks sure would be nice to have, i dont mind the orc figures but new townsfolk and some knights would certainly be a great add-on!

Extra medieval village things always will be a really good add-on, new buildings for in your village will certainly add an extra dimension to the whole

castle age thing. Both that and that in the past series there were only a few sets that included actually a propper add-on for the town itself.

A church, merchant stand/house, peasant house, mill, farm, anything! make a propper series!

I understand "A medieval windmill and farm" as extra village add-ons.