Derek

City '09?

The four Farm sets are now available in Europe and rest of world from Shop at Home.

Yay! :wub:

Click here to look and then select your country.

Good to see the farm sets are available now :classic: Think I am going to shop this week :tongue:

€75 for the Farm on S@H for Ireland - if I do get it, I'll pick it up from Smyth's Toys which will have it at €65 from 9th March! Also they will have 4x4 at €16.99 - S@H is €19.99! Art n Hobby already have the Farm sets in store, but the farm is €75 there too.

The four Farm sets are now available in Europe and rest of world from Shop at Home.

Yay! :wub:

Click here to look and then select your country.

Thank you guys for the informations :thumbup:

I really love this new farm sets. I will buy some of these, especially the '4899' promo.

And the secret set '7747': I think if its a Vestas set than we can wait for pictures as long as it is avaible....

'Bricks'

Apologies if this was posted somewhere before, but I checked the first and most recent pages and didn't see it. Is there a release date for 7639 Camper yet? It's my favorite of the upcoming sets. I just love these new cars and trucks, especially after how impressed I was by the 7991 Garbage Truck!

Apologies if this was posted somewhere before, but I checked the first and most recent pages and didn't see it. Is there a release date for 7639 Camper yet? It's my favorite of the upcoming sets. I just love these new cars and trucks, especially after how impressed I was by the 7991 Garbage Truck!

That set is from the summer wave of City releases - so not before June at the earliest.

I just love these new cars and trucks, especially after how impressed I was by the 7991 Garbage Truck!

Agreed! The new 6-stud wide truck design and the Construction Crane were the things that got me out of the dark ages :classic:

The city sets are awesome. I hope they don't stop making them. But I prefer the 2005 city sets best. :thumbup:

The city sets are awesome. I hope they don't stop making them. But I prefer the 2005 city sets best. :thumbup:

2005 had a pretty heavy focus on emergency response-themed sets. Call me mundane, but I prefer the day-to-day and civilian stuff, which there seems to be a good bit of for the '09 line!

edit: 2007 was pretty nice, too.

Edited by Carbohydrates

You can always check the locked and pinned thread in the Main index of the Trains & Town forum "2009 City, Train & Agents Pics," you can see all the sets that are discussed in this thread.

You can always check the locked and pinned thread in the Main index of the Trains & Town forum "2009 City, Train & Agents Pics," you can see all the sets that are discussed in this thread.

Oh, very useful, thanks! Just a heads-up, there are two sets listed as "Camper" in that thread - both the actual camper and the truck with the helicopter.

Are there any other pictures of the city center set (with the bus) other than the 2 posted in the first post of this thread?

Especially more of the bus.

Went to the Brighton Lego Store earlier and picked up the Red Tractor and the Land Rover & Horse Box. The Farm will have to wait for next time, and then I'm planning a large MOC of a typical english farm, which will also include the Camper set.

the lady with the camper looks like my grandma... exactly the same face and hairstyle except the colour

In this topic our member emilec writes:

I was talking to a member of staff in my local Lego store and he mentioned that a 50's style fire station would be coming out in August.

He also mentioned a merry-go-round set along the lines of the town plan set.

Thank you very much for that news, emilec! :sweet:

Are you really sure that this wasn't a joke or some wrong information concerning the merry-go-round? :sceptic:

On the one hand I'm really sceptical about this information:

1. There shall be coming out the set 7477 Wind Turbine Transport this year. Perhaps the member of staff wasn't looking very carefully at this set (about which we regrettably haven't got any pics or more information until now) and then mixed up something and now thought that this was a merry-go-round (because of "something that turns" and the PF functions).

2. It sounds very unsupposably that TLG will release a merry-go-round - and for the City theme even more. Plus there is no existing line until now in which it directly would fit. :sceptic:

3. There are so many City sets this year so that it is very unsupposable that there'll be another one.

4. We will (supposably) already get the 7747 Wind Turbine Transport this year as an exclusvie City set. And the Emerald Night could be count to City Exclusives, too. And I don't believe that there'll be more than one or two exclusive City sets in the same year. :sceptic:

5. Did the member of staff tell you when this set shall be released? Because perhaps he mixed something up and this might be one of the choices for the (supposable) exclusive TRU City set next year (see Town 2010). :wink:

On the other hand I'm not totally sure that this information is wrong:

1. The set number 7640 is (after my knowledge) not used until now although we have sets with the numbers 7638, 7639 and then 7641, 7642 this year - this might possibly be a hint for a set which is hept secret until now.

2. The (supposable) 7747 Wind Turbine set supposably won't be more than 100 Euros. Last year's CG Platform was 70 Euros and the Town Plan was 150 Euros - together 220 Euros. When you calculate like this there would be a space of about 120 Euros for another exclusvie City set this year. :wink:

3. Since TLG did now develop the new PF functions a merry-go-round would be a perfect possibility to use it.

4. Perhaps TLG did decide on short notice not to release the Wind Turbine Transport set (this year) - but (because of which reasons soever) decided to release a merry-go-round. But not being aible to get a wind power plant would for me be much worse than no merry-go-round! :cry_sad:

5. AFOLs but even JFOLs would like this set very much.

6. TLG did take us by surprise in this and last year with City sets nobody would have expected - so you never can now what will come next! :thumbup:

Be that as it may:

It would be totally :oh: :oh: :oh: if TLG releases a merry-go-round and perhaps some other folk festival stuff!

If TLG releases that possible merry-go-round set that would be really :wub: :wub: :wub: - and I surely would buy it! :thumbup:

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

In this topic our member emilec writes:

Thank you very much for that news, emilec! :sweet:

Are you really sure that this wasn't a joke or some wrong information concerning the merry-go-round? :sceptic:

On the one hand I'm really sceptical about this information:

1. There shall be coming out the set 7477 Wind Turbine Transport this year. Perhaps the member of staff wasn't looking very carefully at this set (about which we regrettably haven't got any pics or more information until now) and then mixed up something and now thought that this was a merry-go-round (because of "something that turns" and the PF functions).

2. It sounds very unsupposably that TLG will release a merry-go-round - and for the City theme even more. Plus there is no existing line until now in which it directly would fit. :sceptic:

3. There are so many City sets this year so that it is very unsupposable that there'll be another one.

4. We will (supposably) already get the 7747 Wind Turbine Transport this year as an exclusvie City set. And the Emerald Night could be count to City Exclusives, too. And I don't believe that there'll be more than one or two exclusive City sets in the same year. :sceptic:

5. Did the member of staff tell you when this set shall be released? Because perhaps he mixed something up and this might be one of the choices for the (supposable) exclusive TRU City set next year (see Town 2010). :wink:

On the other hand I'm not totally sure that this information is wrong:

1. The set number 7640 is (after my knowledge) not used until now although we have sets with the numbers 7638, 7639 and then 7641, 7642 this year - this might possibly be a hint for a set which is hept secret until now.

2. The (supposable) 7747 Wind Turbine set supposably won't be more than 100 Euros. Last year's CG Platform was 70 Euros and the Town Plan was 150 Euros - together 220 Euros. When you calculate like this there would be a space of about 120 Euros for another exclusvie City set this year. :wink:

3. Since TLG did now develop the new PF functions a merry-go-round would be a perfect possibility to use it.

4. Perhaps TLG did decide on short notice not to release the Wind Turbine Transport set (this year) - but (because of which reasons soever) decided to release a merry-go-round. But not being aible to get a wind power plant would for me be much worse than no merry-go-round! :cry_sad:

5. AFOLs but even JFOLs would like this set very much.

6. TLG did take us by surprise in this and last year with City sets nobody would have expected - so you never can now what will come next! :thumbup:

Be that as it may:

It would be totally :oh: :oh: :oh: if TLG releases a merry-go-round and perhaps some other folk festival stuff!

If TLG releases that possible merry-go-round set that would be really :wub: :wub: :wub: - and I surely would buy it! :thumbup:

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

All they said was that there was a merry-go-round set coming. Obviously not in Cafe Corner range but more a standalone - Town Plan style of set (assuming it would be a minifig set but that's a guess on my part!). They said both (fire station and merry-go-round) look pretty darn good. Sadly i wasn't allowed to buy the Emerald Night set, which they had in stock out the back.

Edit - Just to clarify, we were talking about the Cafe Corner range of buildings and they mentioned the 50's style Fire Station. Then, they said there was another set, while they were trying to describe it (they couldn't get the right words), i said - you mean a merry-go-round? they said yes. Don't blame me for misinformation just passing on what i heard. As there was some confusion in describing the set its possible they mistook the 7477 Wind Turbine Transport you mentioned above.

Edited by emilec

Thank you very much for clarifying that, emilec!

It's very supposably like I feared: They surely meant the 7747 Wind Turbine Transport.

It would have been to good to see a merry-go-round! :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter