BardDandelion

Leshy in lumberjacks' camp

Leshy was a demigond in Slavic mythology. He was a protector of forest and all the wood dwellers.

I depicted him in scene of entering the camp of lumberjacks who cut too many trees and deserve to by punished.

They know that they have to run away.

Hope you enjoy my build. ;)

The Leshy looks great.  I really like the antlers.  The head looks fantastic with the leaf pieces and tiles.  The chest looks menacing with those tooth pieces.  The overall design of the Leshy is one of the best i've seen so far.  I like the base also and the landscaping is also done well.  

What a monstrous deity. The highly detailed scene is perfect with the scared lumberjacks beating feet as the forest god seeks payment in blood.

The pine tree technique with the palm leaves is so simple but effective.  Not sure I've seen it before -- outstanding work.  The rest of the build is very nice, especially Leshy himself.

@Feuer Zug Thanks a lot! :D

@iragm Thanks a lot! This technique wasn't invented by me, I've seen this years ago done by somebody else. Finally managed to gather enough palm leaves to use this technique myself.

This is great, I love that one guy on the right just gazing up in awe, just frozen while everyone else runs away, little details like that do a lot toward making these scenes come alive. The forest area is well built too, and the Leshy is very intimidating, what an amazing build!

Quite the scary scene, with those lumberjacks outstaying their welcome.
I suppose Leshy is here in his giant and/or animal protection shape, with that (well-build) crown of antlers?
I've never thought of using those palm leaves substituting as needles. It works quite well.
Other nice details are the camp site with the dark tan tent and belongings around it, and the use of that dark red head as a mushroom head.

@GeoBrick Thanks a lot!
For me Leshy should look like this, I wanted to integrate animalistic features into usual wood-man creature design (e.g. Treebeard from LotR) to make it a bit more unique. 

Gorgeous work !

No doubt that this beard and this neck are killer (amazing job with the leaves)... and those antlers :wub:

The nice details : - the mushrooms with purple and red caps :thumbup:

- the axe stucked in the log thanks to the quarter round tile :thumbup:

- the bird in its nest for a Radagast touch :laugh:

Like the camp, the mixed set of log styles in the pile, and how you did the antlers on the creature.  Great build.